Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

Wikiposts

TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:45 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

This is so sad and an awful way to start off in Oz,
am so sorry this happened and angry on your behalf.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

oh gosh how sad, so sorry to hear your news, for those of us who have had pets to lose them is like losing one of the family our thoughts are with you
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:58 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise ticks could kill, apparently this is the case in the US too, though rarer.

I know this is too late to save Toby, but perhaps animals could be given prophylactic tick medication in the UK before shipping them?

I can't believe that they would handle live animals in such a way.... the force to break the crate could kill. I am so, so sorry to read of your loss.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Aw no I was talking about what happened last night to my oh). I was wishing for a better outcome. Reading about it has just made me cry, I feel really sorry for you loss.

Mandy
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:49 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Guys I thought I would tell you that I have just spoken to the Pet Export company (I won't name them) about putting down a deposit for Gordon's export.

I have just told them about Toby and Australian Air Express and they have said that if this company are on their list for pet movement in Australia then they will be crossed out. She was also horrified at the story.

Anyone booking their pets export from the UK, then it is worth mentioning this to your company because I am sure that no UK Pet Export company will want to be associated with anything like this.
Mine (large & reputable) didn't seem very concerned & said they had never heard of such a thing & that you will always get scary stories...
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

allthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to all

So sorry to hear about this. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Jacky xx
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

i am so so sorry just cried when i read this post was really really hoping your boy would be found safe and well

sending you lots of love [[[[[[hugs]]]]]]] to you and your family

tiffany russell alexander and felicity (hitchcock71)
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:13 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Mine (large & reputable) didn't seem very concerned & said they had never heard of such a thing & that you will always get scary stories...
God I can't believe what they told you! scary stories? Are they thick or something? Sweet Jesus in a bikini, the evidence is there for all to read.

And isnt it funny that they said they have never heard of such a thing yet the company who dealt with Toby said 'These things happen'.

That to me suggests that this has happened before.

Jools, it might be worth copying the story from here and emailing it to them with the companys admission of 'these things happen'.

That is why I have my signature - hopefully if it stops one person using that company then it will be worth it. Feel free to copy it and have it in your own guys.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:42 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

That is why I have my signature - hopefully if it stops one person using that company then it will be worth it. Feel free to copy it and have it in your own guys.
I've copied it Sam.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:47 am
NO, we're GOING there....

gorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nice

God I can't believe what they told you! scary stories? Are they thick or something? Sweet Jesus in a bikini, the evidence is there for all to read.

And isnt it funny that they said they have never heard of such a thing yet the company who dealt with Toby said 'These things happen'.

Jools, it might be worth copying the story from here and emailing it to them with the companys admission of 'these things happen'.

i've copied it too x
still so upset, poor family x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I've copied it too! Hopefully word will spread round the expat community.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I've copied it too! Hopefully word will spread round the expat community.
Me too x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paraken
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very very difficult for me to write, i've just buried my boy (Toby) in our garden and i've never cried so much, i'm still shaking.

He was found today just north of the control tower at Brisbane airport lying in the long grass. He was still breathing but unconscious, the guy who works at the tower took him straight to a vet but he died before arriving. Two paralysis tics were found in Toby's ear (He was booked in to see a vet re all his inoculations but he never got a chance) causing his death.
We went straight to the vet and found him lying on a fleece looking so helpless Oh god i can't describe how emotional i felt, just started crying my eye's out. I know in the big scheme of things a dog's death doesn't mean that much but he mean't the world to us and he was MY boy.
Our three girls have just got home from school and i've had to tell them what happened, they are completely devastated.

Thankyou all for your help and kind words it really mean't so much to us.

If anyone knows of a solicitor who could relate to how we feel and hopefully make sure this NEVER happens to anyone else's animal, please contact us.
It would make us feel so much better knowing that what these people (Australian airExpress) have done will make them sit up and rethink their policies.
Im so sorry to hear the terrible news about Toby.

Good luck to you and your family.

Sue x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

We have copied too.

We have a springer and he is one of the family, our thoughts are with you all at this time, we really are guttered for you all at your loss.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

So sad to hear your horrible news. I couldn't think of anything like this happening to our 'family' dog, and I can only imagine how you must feel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.