Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

Wikiposts

TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

Originally Posted by Paraken
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very very difficult for me to write, i've just buried my boy (Toby) in our garden and i've never cried so much, i'm still shaking.

He was found today just north of the control tower at Brisbane airport lying in the long grass. He was still breathing but unconscious, the guy who works at the tower took him straight to a vet but he died before arriving. Two paralysis tics were found in Toby's ear (He was booked in to see a vet re all his inoculations but he never got a chance) causing his death.
We went straight to the vet and found him lying on a fleece looking so helpless Oh god i can't describe how emotional i felt, just started crying my eye's out. I know in the big scheme of things a dog's death doesn't mean that much but he mean't the world to us and he was MY boy.
Our three girls have just got home from school and i've had to tell them what happened, they are completely devastated.

Thankyou all for your help and kind words it really mean't so much to us.

If anyone knows of a solicitor who could relate to how we feel and hopefully make sure this NEVER happens to anyone else's animal, please contact us.
It would make us feel so much better knowing that what these people (Australian airExpress) have done will make them sit up and rethink their policies.
So very sorry to hear this news! Wish I could take away the hurt as I know from experience what it is like to lose a much loved pet. This is made worse because of the negligence of the people concerned in whom you placed your trust. Nothing can compensate you for your sad loss and what rotten timing for you all as you start your new life here in Oz. Hope your other dog is o.k.

Your Toby was not JUST A DOG - he was your special friend - but be brave and give all your love to your family and that other furry friend.

Linda
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:52 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very very difficult for me to write, i've just buried my boy (Toby) in our garden and i've never cried so much, i'm still shaking.
OMG so sorry to hear this. Was hoping based on previous thread that you were close to being reunited with him (in a much better circumstance/outcome).

Hope this is not the start of an annual set of catastrophes ie steve irwin, Peter Brock, now this year John Ihan and Toby.

Thoughts with you and family Paraken
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry for your loss, i was reading the other thread about him going missing and didn't expect this to happen!!

Sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Your Toby was not JUST A DOG - he was your special friend - but be brave and give all your love to your family and that other furry friend.

Linda[/QUOTE]

You took the words out of my mouth!!! Those that have dogs know just how special they are in our lives.
So very, very sorry. xxxxxxx
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:53 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this tragic story!!

When you have a dog, they become part of the family, its like having another child, so you are intitled to feel grief.....this is really sad......again so sorry!

Ems x ((((HUGS))))
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

He was found today just north of the control tower at Brisbane airport lying in the long grass. He was still breathing but unconscious, the guy who works at the tower took him straight to a vet but he died before arriving. Two paralysis tics were found in Toby's ear (He was booked in to see a vet re all his inoculations but he never got a chance) causing his death.
We went straight to the vet and found him lying on a fleece looking so helpless Oh god i can't describe how emotional i felt, just started crying my eye's out. I know in the big scheme of things a dog's death doesn't mean that much but he mean't the world to us and he was MY boy.
Our three girls have just got home from school and i've had to tell them what happened, they are completely devastated.

Thankyou all for your help and kind words it really mean't so much to us.

If anyone knows of a solicitor who could relate to how we feel and hopefully make sure this NEVER happens to anyone else's animal, please contact us.
It would make us feel so much better knowing that what these people (Australian airExpress) have done will make them sit up and rethink their policies.
Am so sorry to hear this

Lots of hugs sent for you and the girls.

Lau
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

So sorry to hear this. I read the previous thread, wasn't expecting such a sad ending at all. I know what it feels like to loose your pet, it hurts so so badly. I hope your girls will cope alright/ish.
Mel xxx
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:09 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

oh no
i feel so awful for you
i was so sure that you would find him safe and well.

sending huge hugs for your girls and hoping you remember Toby for all the good times you had with him.

Adele
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your sad news. Hopefully he didn't suffer too much.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:14 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shortlets
Going to PM you my solicitor he is excellent....those sick b***stards should pay for thier incompetence and loss of a life.
All I know is that if I can afford to export my Gordon, I shall move heaven and earth to ensure that he won't have anything to do with this company.

We as far as I know, are allowed to state the facts and not be in breach of the laws of libel. The facts are that due to this company's negligence, someone's pet has died.

With those facts in mind, I sincerely hope that any legal action taken against this company will be successful.

No it won't bring poor Toby back but it must never happen to anyone else's pet.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

OMG. I was hoping to see a happy end to this. You don't know me from adam, but I just want you to know that I care and know how much pain you're in. What a terrible thing to happen. That company should be held responsible for what they have done - is there an RSPCA in Australia - they may be able to help you bring them to account.

Giving you, your other dog and your children so many hugs. (((((((()))))))))))))))))
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

is there an RSPCA in Australia

There IS a RSPCA here, maybe they should look into this
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:23 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Awwwwww Crap!!!

SO sorry to hear about Toby!!

Throw the book at the bastards repsonsible for this! :curse:
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:25 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys I thought I would tell you that I have just spoken to the Pet Export company (I won't name them) about putting down a deposit for Gordon's export.

I have just told them about Toby and Australian Air Express and they have said that if this company are on their list for pet movement in Australia then they will be crossed out. She was also horrified at the story.

Anyone booking their pets export from the UK, then it is worth mentioning this to your company because I am sure that no UK Pet Export company will want to be associated with anything like this.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:27 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

What awful news
I too was hoping he would be found safe and well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.