Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tipsy on the good old Oz wine!

Tipsy on the good old Oz wine!

Old May 31st 2008, 2:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tipsy on the good old Oz wine!

The one thing that I have not dissed about Oz is my love of the wine....Now there are some who know me on here and know that I can have a drink or two!!! but this is actually appreciatling the old vino.

My favourite is the Barclay's Durif from the Rutherglen region. Anyone any other suggestions.

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 31st 2008, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tipsy on the good old Oz wine!

Originally Posted by Stitch
The one thing that I have not dissed about Oz is my love of the wine....Now there are some who know me on here and know that I can have a drink or two!!! but this is actually appreciatling the old vino.

My favourite is the Barclay's Durif from the Rutherglen region. Anyone any other suggestions.

Cheers

Ginny
Nothing better than a 4 litre cask of Stanleys Dry White.

JTL
Old May 31st 2008, 2:24 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

JTL
Agjhhhhhh still need it in a bottle preferably with a cork although am warming to screw tops.

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 31st 2008, 2:26 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

JTL

Just got back from a friend 40th and draNK A CASK OF OF SOMETHING.

SORRY MAYBE PISSED
Old May 31st 2008, 2:26 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat

SORRY MAYBE PISSED

Ahhh the old cask....enjoy or rather enjoyed!

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 31st 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

propercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nice

Still in UK but love Jacobs Creek Shiraz. Can't have any at the mo doctors orders cos i've got laryngitis and it'll make it worse Heather
Old May 31st 2008, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Does XXXX count?

Old May 31st 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

When i was in the uk i usd to buy Badgers creek from Aldi, lovely.mmmm Went to the Barrosa Valley when we first arrived in Adelaide. Lovely bottle of early sweet wine. Tried some from BWS and wasn't so keen. Haven't had wine for a while now.
Old May 31st 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Cheers

Ginny
My favourite white and red are both from St.Hallett winery in Barosa valley S.A.
Poachers blend (white) is a gorgeous blend of semillion and sauvignon blanc.
I'm not usually a fan of red but Gamekeeper's reserve is just so smooth and easy to drink but not sweet, its a blend of Shiraz and Grenache.
Both are great with food and have nice artwork on the bottle to impress your mates when you have them over for dinner!!
Old May 31st 2008, 9:12 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by propercornish
Still in UK but love Jacobs Creek Shiraz. Can't have any at the mo doctors orders cos i've got laryngitis and it'll make it worse Heather
Used to love that when I was in the UK. Still partial to the odd bottle or two!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Does XXXX count?

Ummmmm more of a Tooheys fan myself.

Originally Posted by Rach25
My favourite white and red are both from St.Hallett winery in Barosa valley S.A.
Poachers blend (white) is a gorgeous blend of semillion and sauvignon blanc.
I'm not usually a fan of red but Gamekeeper's reserve is just so smooth and easy to drink but not sweet, its a blend of Shiraz and Grenache.
Both are great with food and have nice artwork on the bottle to impress your mates when you have them over for dinner!!
Thanks for the tips!

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 31st 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

penfolds rawsons retreat
lovely ice cold
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:10 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat

SORRY MAYBE PISSED
You think?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Cheers

Ginny
I thought you was a gin and tonic girl ginny? I love the green death (VB) but as you know Sadie is quite fond of a drink. Spent a fortune in 1st choice in capalaba last weekend to take to strady but sadie got so pissed on the first night she couldn't drink any more. They where selling clean skins for $3.99 a bottle (south australian chardonnay) buy 12 and get another 6 free
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:06 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by The S's
I thought you was a gin and tonic girl ginny? I love the green death (VB) but as you know Sadie is quite fond of a drink. Spent a fortune in 1st choice in capalaba last weekend to take to strady but sadie got so pissed on the first night she couldn't drink any more. They where selling clean skins for $3.99 a bottle (south australian chardonnay) buy 12 and get another 6 free
Hi Sean, still a G&T girl but won't say no to a bottle of red or two. Hope all is going well with you guys. Say hi to Sadie and the kids and have a drink or two to recover!

Cheers

Ginny