TimberFloorAus RIP

Old Sep 30th 2014, 11:52 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TimberFloorAus RIP

Originally Posted by soapy©
Just wanted to say how proud I am of Debs and the family today. They were very strong and the whole day went perfect. I was so honoured to be a part of it. Again thank you everyone who donated towards the flowers. They were lovely and I know the family took a lot of comfort knowing that so many thought so much of our big pal Timber.
You did him proud Soapy. Thanks for all your hardworking arranging that.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 12:03 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Debs has left a message of thanks to everyone on the facebook group we set up

try the link below if you wish to see it

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2926...4&notif_t=like
Old Sep 30th 2014, 12:27 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

The measure of the man that Steve was is there for one n all to see,we 'fell' out over something about what i don't remember n neither did Steve but he contacted me via FB a few months ago when he was ill and all was sorted,we had many a good laugh since then.He was as brave as fook with his illness,strong for his family and friends and not one bit feeling sorry for himself,if we had only an once of his spirit/courage we'd all be better people and not squabble like fools.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 9:01 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
The man was indeed a legend in my eyes . Yes he was a wind up merchant at times (sometimes at my expense but shit happens ), but more importantly he was one of the most gifted, intelligent,generous and most helpful people a person could ever wish to meet in life.Whether it be his last dollar or his last tin of Vb he donated to the cause his generosity was second to none and i for one feel humbly honoured and proud to have known the man and equally honoured to continually know the family he unfortunately has had to leave behind.
May you rest in peace my friend
SR.COM

Well said Bobby. Yesterdays funeral was emotional but more a celebration of a life lived to the full than mourning a passing. Debs, you were strong & dignified thanks to the support of your great family. Nice to see BobbyFTM PAP and Soapy as pall bearers, you did a great job boys..
The wake was a chance to reflect on our memories of Steve's many exploits over the years of expats parties / curry nights etc - truly memorable.
Respect to Cresta & Deb, 232Bar (Graeme), PAP & Netty, Bix & Jill, PomeyBoy (Colin), BobbyFTM & Linda, Sarah&Lee, Val&Mick, Polly (who had to catch 4 buses to get to the location!) and Pauline & Soapy who were brilliant in organizing the floral tribute. I feel truly honored to count all these people as good friends..
Old Sep 30th 2014, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
Well said Bobby. Yesterdays funeral was emotional but more a celebration of a life lived to the full than mourning a passing. Debs, you were strong & dignified thanks to the support of your great family. Nice to see BobbyFTM PAP and Soapy as pall bearers, you did a great job boys..
The wake was a chance to reflect on our memories of Steve's many exploits over the years of expats parties / curry nights etc - truly memorable.
Respect to Cresta & Deb, 232Bar (Graeme), PAP & Netty, Bix & Jill, PomeyBoy (Colin), BobbyFTM & Linda, Sarah&Lee, Val&Mick, Polly (who had to catch 4 buses to get to the location!) and Pauline & Soapy who were brilliant in organizing the floral tribute. I feel truly honored to count all these people as good friends..
Well said that man. Just like to add Haggisman & Jacqui to the list as well as mark and jo and that would be a full house i think
Old Oct 1st 2014, 5:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Love the comments fellas. He would too.

Just for the record he spent a few years in exile from BE. The rights and wrongs of that don't matter but I do know that for all the bravado it hurt him that he could not participate in a site that had given him so much help and pleasure.

Yet there is always common ground; sometimes it takes a while to find it.

I know he was delighted to re-join this year and share his experiences with the latest crop of wannabe expats and the information he shared was appreciated by those people.

Sadly it is a loss in more than one way.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 6:14 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Like this site his forum kept me sane at a rough time in my life, it also brought together a bunch of total misfits who had a lot of laughs together and offered a shoulder when things got hard.

We will miss you Timber
Old Oct 1st 2014, 7:02 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

My belated condolences to his family and friends.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

So sorry to hear. i always enjoyed his wicked humour. R.I.P Steve, sending condolences to his family and friends
Old Oct 1st 2014, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
I bet, I can imagine him being a very popular person, it always happens to the best of us huh? ......Sad indeed. :-( I Hope the sun shines down on him tomorrow.

On a positive note though I got the feeling he always gave everything his best shot. Was very positive, never gave up ' the dream' and for that, good for him I say! He took the bull by the horns.

You know what I find strange , the fact that I didn't even know him in ' real life' only from here but yet the news has upset me. It's strange how you can become fond of someone on here and not actually ' know' them as such.
I think you have pretty much summed Steve up, he was very special and always willing to help anybody out, I am coping really well at the moment, this page has really helped me see just how many people he touched over the years, bless him xx
Old Oct 1st 2014, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
The man was indeed a legend in my eyes . Yes he was a wind up merchant at times (sometimes at my expense but shit happens ), but more importantly he was one of the most gifted, intelligent,generous and most helpful people a person could ever wish to meet in life.Whether it be his last dollar or his last tin of Vb he donated to the cause his generosity was second to none and i for one feel humbly honoured and proud to have known the man and equally honoured to continually know the family he unfortunately has had to leave behind.
May you rest in peace my friend
SR.COM
Thanks Bobby xx
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsvirgo
I think you have pretty much summed Steve up, he was very special and always willing to help anybody out, I am coping really well at the moment, this page has really helped me see just how many people he touched over the years, bless him xx
Hi Deb, nice to meet you.

So sorry for your loss, but glad to hear you are coping well.
I bet you feel very proud after hearing and reading all the lovely things that's been said about Timber. Glad it's helped.

Take good care. X
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

This makes me feel like the place is the BE of old. Thinking of you and yours Deb, he was indeed a unique man.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Hi Deb, nice to meet you.

So sorry for your loss, but glad to hear you are coping well.
I bet you feel very proud after hearing and reading all the lovely things that's been said about Timber. Glad it's helped.

Take good care. X
It's been so good to see what people have written about Steve and to know that he has helped a lot of people over the years.

I was so pleased with how the funeral went, so many good friends, the flowers were the biggest tribute anyone could ever have received, I've also had so many flowers delivered to my house, cards are still arriving every day, I will really have to sit down once we've moved and read the cards properly and take a chill pill, I have been so busy over the last 2 weeks that nothing has really sunk in yet.

I have only been so strong because of fantastic friends that have called to see if they can help with anything, the support has been truly wonderful, I am very blessed.

Steve will leave a massive hole in my life but I will stay strong and look after the family like he would have.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debsvirgo
It's been so good to see what people have written about Steve and to know that he has helped a lot of people over the years.

I was so pleased with how the funeral went, so many good friends, the flowers were the biggest tribute anyone could ever have received, I've also had so many flowers delivered to my house, cards are still arriving every day, I will really have to sit down once we've moved and read the cards properly and take a chill pill, I have been so busy over the last 2 weeks that nothing has really sunk in yet.

I have only been so strong because of fantastic friends that have called to see if they can help with anything, the support has been truly wonderful, I am very blessed.

Steve will leave a massive hole in my life but I will stay strong and look after the family like he would have.
You'll always have his legacy Debs, and that's a thing that only the best of us can hope to leave. All the very very best to you and the younguns Debs. XXXXX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.