Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Which theme park is worth to have its annual pass…..

Which theme park is worth to have its annual pass…..

Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which theme park is worth to have its annual pass…..

On the Gold Coast, I only want to buy from one park, which would suit 18, 12 & 8 year old & of course me, I like rides.
So water ones or dry one's, please can I have the answer from those who had the annual passes on the theme parks on Gold Coast please?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:11 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which theme park is worth to have its annual pass…..

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
On the Gold Coast, I only want to buy from one park, which would suit 18, 12 & 8 year old & of course me, I like rides.
So water ones or dry one's, please can I have the answer from those who had the annual passes on the theme parks on Gold Coast please?
We have annual 3 park passes and like them all for different reasons....

Seaworld, love the animals here, could watch the dolphins all day and the underwater bit is great!!

Wet n Wild, great fun in the summertime, but a bit too cold for at least 4- months of the year for me!!!

MovieWorld, great fun, I'm not a great scary ride fan but OH and 15yr old son is, they love the Superman ride. The Scooby Doo one is good laugh.

Haven't been to Dreamworld or WhiteWater world so can't comment I'm afraid.

C x
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
We have annual 3 park passes and like them all for different reasons....

Seaworld, love the animals here, could watch the dolphins all day and the underwater bit is great!!

Wet n Wild, great fun in the summertime, but a bit too cold for at least 4- months of the year for me!!!

MovieWorld, great fun, I'm not a great scary ride fan but OH and 15yr old son is, they love the Superman ride. The Scooby Doo one is good laugh.

Haven't been to Dreamworld or WhiteWater world so can't comment I'm afraid.

C x

So out of wet & wild & sea world which one would you say is really the best one?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Not strictly a theme park , but 'Australian Outback Experience'.

You like rides, so I'm sure you'll never tire of watching chaps in chaps.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spartacus
Not strictly a theme park , but 'Australian Outback Experience'.

You like rides, so I'm sure you'll never tire of watching chaps in chaps.

I dont want to eat burger for the whole year, & get so many of those straw hats.
I suppose I could always sell it on ebay.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're choosing between Wet n' Wild or Sea World, with your age kids, I'd go Wet n' Wild. Sea World is great for younger kids but older ones would go once, maybe twice and then not be interested, not enough to keep them occupied - been there, done that.

My girls will happily go to Wet n' Wild, day in day out in the holidays given half a chance. It's a nice place to leave them without me as well but my youngest is 13. Wouldn't leave her any younger.

If you're not interested in being in swimmers all day and you don't do mega rides, I'd go with MovieWorld - I love it there and you can always get wet on the water ride if you're hot.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If you're choosing between Wet n' Wild or Sea World, with your age kids, I'd go Wet n' Wild. Sea World is great for younger kids but older ones would go once, maybe twice and then not be interested, not enough to keep them occupied - been there, done that.

My girls will happily go to Wet n' Wild, day in day out in the holidays given half a chance. It's a nice place to leave them without me as well but my youngest is 13. Wouldn't leave her any younger.

If you're not interested in being in swimmers all day and you don't do mega rides, I'd go with MovieWorld - I love it there and you can always get wet on the water ride if you're hot.
Tnx MP, Wet & wild sounds like fun,
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off topic here, but if i buy an annual pass for wet n wild can i lend it to someone else to go when i'm not using it?

Jazzys
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jazzys
Slightly off topic here, but if i buy an annual pass for wet n wild can i lend it to someone else to go when i'm not using it?

Jazzys
sorry I dont know, I thought most of these passes would have your photo on it, just like in UK.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys

Jazzys
Only if you have an identical twin. They have your pic on them unfortunately Not unfortunate that it has your pic on it, just that they have any pics - you know what I mean
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:18 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We bought a 2 year pass for Dreamworld & Waterworld. Our kids are much younger but I like that we have access to both parks. If we had only bought a one year pass we would have had to choose just one park.

I think we worked it out that we'd need to visit about 3-4 times in 2 years for it to pay for itself.

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content...e=AnnualPasses
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Annual passes to the theme worlds on offer at the moment for $99 per person.. www.myfun.com.au
also undecided as to which one is most worthwhile..
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:24 am
Just Joined

motleyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds great
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So out of wet & wild & sea world which one would you say is really the best one?
I am so not a theme park person, but when the family were here oast year they wanted somewhere with water. Wet n wild was excellent, kept three kids (between 6 & 14) amused all day, and us adults had a good time just relaxing. As long as they are into swimming/paddling its great, well worth doing
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Try your local swingers club , they will have good Theme nights, might want to leave the children at home though.