Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Thanks to the delightful (not) fellow Brit driver

Thanks to the delightful (not) fellow Brit driver

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks to the delightful (not) fellow Brit driver

I was driving along a B road on my way home from work tonight.Just minding my own business,saw a small bus coming towards me,no problem,then to my horror some moron overtook the bus,heading straight for me.had I not swerved out the way,I'd probably be either dead now or in hospital with very bad injuries.What an idiot!Makes you bloody wonder how some people manage to get their licenses!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:07 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I was driving along a B road on my way home from work tonight.Just minding my own business,saw a small bus coming towards me,no problem,then to my horror some moron overtook the bus,heading straight for me.had I not swerved out the way,I'd probably be either dead now or in hospital with very bad injuries.What an idiot!Makes you bloody wonder how some people manage to get their licenses!
Just thank whoever that you are not this family right now:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...14-661,00.html
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Makes you bloody wonder how some people manage to get their licenses!
They don't.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-Britain.html
Old Dec 24th 2009, 3:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
same shit................

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...00-952,00.html
Old Dec 24th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

We were driving back tonight along Princes Freeway.....pouring with rain.

Some driver in a whizzy car looks like (s)he took the on-ramp from Kororoit Creek road way too fast. The car was on the roof and 4 ambulances, several police cars were in attendance.

It does not look good, but I hope the driver is OK. (single car accident)
Old Dec 24th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Just thank whoever that you are not this family right now:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...14-661,00.html
Shit thats absolutely appalling is'nt it?What a complete idiot!Feel so sorry for the family.On a more positive note TP I have enjoyed reading your replies to Polly on the happiness thread,what great reading!xxx Merry Xmas and thank god I don't have to drive anywhere for the next 48 hours!xxx
Old Dec 25th 2009, 4:16 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Shit thats absolutely appalling is'nt it?What a complete idiot!Feel so sorry for the family.On a more positive note TP I have enjoyed reading your replies to Polly on the happiness thread,what great reading!xxx Merry Xmas and thank god I don't have to drive anywhere for the next 48 hours!xxx
Oh that's really nice. It's great to have an interesting discussion for once isn't it?

Yes that poor family ... my heart just goes out to them... People just don't grasp the consequences of their actions do they... until it's too late.

Well happy Christmas to you too and here's to safe driving...
Old Dec 25th 2009, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I've learned not to beep my horn, unless the lights have gone green and the person in front of you is too busy doing their makeup, talking into their phone, picking their nose, reading a book/map to have noticed. I'm safe then as everyone else in the queue will also be beeping.
Having said that I find that some people do let you in, and it isn't really that different to the level of courtesy experienced in parts of the uk.