Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Thanks to the delightful (not) fellow Brit driver

Thanks to the delightful (not) fellow Brit driver

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks to the delightful (not) fellow Brit driver

....who pulled out in front of me at the petrol station yesterday instead of obeying the "give way".

When I committed the hideous crime of beeping, he stopped his 4WD at the junction to get out and berate me.
He then accused me of going too fast to stop----errrm mate you were the one who failed to give way, and I had the right of way.

And double thanks for upsetting my 2 year old who asked: "why that man shout mummy?'
And a special thanks for then blocking the intersection to make sure I, and the cars behind me, could not join the Westgate freeway traffic just because you wanted to piss me off.

Yes you are an idiot who cannot drive and then plays stupid games and frightens small children. Why question that you are an idiot? It is obvious.

I feel better now....
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks to the delightful (not) fellow Brit driver

Originally Posted by Pomster
....who pulled out in front of me at the petrol station yesterday instead of obeying the "give way".

When I committed the hideous crime of beeping, he stopped his 4WD at the junction to get out and berate me.
He then accused me of going too fast to stop----errrm mate you were the one who failed to give way, and I had the right of way.

And double thanks for upsetting my 2 year old who asked: "why that man shout mummy?'
And a special thanks for then blocking the intersection to make sure I, and the cars behind me, could not join the Westgate freeway traffic just because you wanted to piss me off.

Yes you are an idiot who cannot drive and then plays stupid games and frightens small children. Why question that you are an idiot? It is obvious.

I feel better now....
bloody poms!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

He's become one of them.............a proper Melbourne driver!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim
He's become one of them.............a proper Melbourne driver!
Indeed....people on this site keep telling us we ought to assimilate and adopt the local ways......and then we get told off when we do
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say out of all the Ozzie cities I've visited (Perth, Brissie and Sydney) Melbourne drivers are the worst. Probably because it's so frustrating driving in this place.....I now hate traffic lights with avengence - you get one red on a journey into the city you get them all and at some junctions you can be waiting for hours for your turn so everyone gets ratty.

Have to say the lane changing on the 4 lane Nepean Highway is the scariest - you have to keep your wits about you!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:45 am
Just Joined

gobbler is an unknown quantity at this point

Aussie driving in general is pretty bad. Maybe its just my experience but hardly anyone acknowedges if you let them in & tailgating seems to be a national pastime. Sydney for me the worst, esp in the western suburbs, countless little d**kheads in their little souped up tincans , not afraid to give you the finger (at the very least) if they're in the wrong & you beep.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope he is a forum member then Pomster!

Which one would be the most likely culprit????
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire

Hmmm I was wondering....not sure he would confess!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:15 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim

Have to say the lane changing on the 4 lane Nepean Highway is the scariest - you have to keep your wits about you!
Don't you know it's safer to drive your car on a race circuit.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:39 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Can we have a poll?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I drive around a lot with my HD camera on and record these numpty drivers. And that's in the UK where driving is supposed to be civil.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster

I feel better now....
I carry the largest Maglite known to man in my car for situations such as these.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Can we have a poll?
No! No more polls!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

No! No more polls!

I agree, it just pollarizes people.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I agree, it just pollarizes people.
<groan>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.