Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tenants have changed the locks

Tenants have changed the locks

Old May 27th 2009, 7:18 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tenants have changed the locks

Originally Posted by kporte
Move a weegie family in next door, they will leave in a few days.

So if i moved next door to you kporte, you'd move out?

I bet you wouldn't, you want to join or ned & bucky themed parties!
Old May 27th 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Yes, but it's your property
I know! The tenants have more rights than us.
Old May 27th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

It would be good if you've got some big friends to give them a kicking down a dark alley. Ref cutting off services though, I would worry about them venting retribution and trashing the joint. It could however be argued that with scum like this there is a risk they'll do it anyway, so what the hell. I understand they have more rights if they have kids or pets too and if they rented it furnished, so you may get stung with that. What a nightmare, so sorry for you.
Old May 27th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

As the famous landlord Nicholas van Hoogstraten used to say, "All my tenants are scum" .
Old May 27th 2009, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NedKelly
As the famous landlord Nicholas van Hoogstraten used to say, "All my tenants are scum" .
These tenants really are scum.
Old May 27th 2009, 11:30 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Go do a garden clean up - get all the rubbish you can and build a nice big bonfire. Invite your friends around to enjoy the party. Put up a sign in teh garden saying "SOLD ONCE I EVICT THESE TENANTS WHO DONT PAY THEIR RENT"

The drug concern is a real good one - especially if you REALLY believe it. I would be very concerned someone was trading drugs at my house if they werent paying the rent and had all sorts of people coming back and fore there. Especially if one of them asked me when I pulled up if I had come there to score.

Do they have children? Popping a note into the school may help - saying to the teacher that you are concerned that you have been unable to contact the parents, they hadnt paid rent and you were worried that something was amiss health wise with them.

I know its wrong but I can guarantee my husband would give them a kick in. Which would probably end him in prison and divorced from me. Me I would be around there every morning and night and calling a couple of times in between. I would meet them at the supermarket, the shops and talk loudly but nicely about the rent

Its a hard one realistically as anything you do may get you sued as some crazed stalker

Vivienne
Old May 27th 2009, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Call your electricity supplier and tell them you want the line disconnected as you are putting a new board in and doing some renovation work, just dont give them a date for reconnection.
Turn the main water supply off and get a plumber to remove the tap.
If you do anything of this you may well find yourself in court for harrassment - not fair I know but .......
Old May 27th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly

That name is a blast from the past - I defended one of his 'boys' once!