Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ten Commandments for Atheists

Ten Commandments for Atheists

Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:16 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ten Commandments for Atheists

Resilience: Keeping going even when things are looking dark.
Empathy: The capacity to connect imaginatively with the sufferings and unique experiences of another person.
Patience: We should grow calmer and more forgiving by being more realistic about how things actually happen.
Sacrifice: We won't ever manage to raise a family, love someone else or save the planet if we don't keep up with the art of sacrifice.
Politeness: Politeness is closely linked to tolerance, -the capacity to live alongside people whom one will never agree with, but at the same time, cannot avoid.
Humour: Like anger, humour springs from disappointment, but it is disappointment optimally channelled.
Self-awareness: To know oneself is to try not to blame others for one's troubles and moods; to have a sense of what's going on inside oneself, and what actually belongs to the world.
Forgiveness: It's recognising that living with others is not possible without excusing errors.
Hope: Pessimism is not necessarily deep, nor optimism shallow.
Confidence: Confidence is not arrogance - rather, it is based on a constant awareness of how short life is and how little we will ultimately lose from risking everything.http://m.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life/t...l#commandments

forgive me for i have sinned. i cannot abide sacrifice.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ten Commandments for Atheists

Originally Posted by commonwealth
forgive me for i have sinned. i cannot abide sacrifice.
Forgiven