Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Gillard's 3rd Strike

Gillard's 3rd Strike

Old Sep 1st 2011, 12:27 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gillard's 3rd Strike

1. Carbon Tax that was promised wouldn't happen and now is happening.

2. Supporting an MP whom a blind man could see is lying about using Union funds for paying for prostitution and lying to conceal the fact

3. Asylum Policy destroyed because its illegal

Please will someone put us out of her misery.

All the crisis management lessons in history suggest that when bad things happen the leadership should admit it, stand up, commit to fixing it. The worst thing you can do - as proven time and time again - is to paper over, and trivialise or dodge - On 1, 2, 3 above they have dodged the issue.

I cannot believe that the aforementioned Union leader with poor cash management skills is still a sitting MP - Building a duck-pond with an approved expenses claim is one thing - spending 100,000 on hookers and what-not and then "losing" all the financial records and lying about it to the press, public, etc is entirely different.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 12:46 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gillard's 3rd Strike

Originally Posted by spalen
1. Carbon Tax that was promised wouldn't happen and now is happening.
Made a promise associated with having a majority, and when they didn't, made an accommodation with a party to form a majority in a democratic fashion. +1 for actually not being an arse and doing the right thing (eg not increasing the pollution and putting in place policies that might reduce it).

2. Supporting an MP whom a blind man could see is lying about using Union funds for paying for prostitution and lying to conceal the fact
Not having a choice, because of the fragile nature of the numbers. As to what she would do if she had 20 in hand, we don't know, but my guess is she would dump him. If you think he should have been dumped, you shouldn't have voted for the right wing in the first place.

3. Asylum Policy destroyed because its illegal
Suffered what looks to be a VERY dodge decision by a court which goes against most of the case law of asylum (first point of safe harbour), and now has to deal with the crap falling out from that. Probably best would be to reform the court to fix the bad decision making, but fat chance of that whilst there is political capital to be made.

Please will someone put us out of her misery.
Seems like nothing wrong has been done that isn't forced by the political system, or a court that make little sense. You want to change that, change the board the game is being played on.

Frankly it would be less of an issue if Tony wasn't a Sword of Damocles - hanging over any sane policies in Australia. Ditch that turd and we can talk about fixing things, otherwise Gillard is much the least worst option.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 12:50 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Tick tock tick tock

Gillard's in the dock

Lose lose lose lose

How long is her fuse?

Time for you to go ginger

Just look at everyone's middle finger
Old Sep 1st 2011, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I think I prefer the yoof version in its brutal simplicity..... FOAD
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe when Abbott comes up with a policy other than "No, let me wreck that for you" and "I'll give you a half arsed worse version of what Julia proposed" then I'll consider it.

Nice how Abbott was quoted by an independent this week as saying he would do anything to become prime minister except sell his arse. And that he might even be willing to do that. Charming fool of a PM he will make. Give me Julia any day rather than that vile man.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Maybe when Abbott comes up with a policy other than "No, let me wreck that for you" and "I'll give you a half arsed worse version of what Julia proposed" then I'll consider it.

Nice how Abbott was quoted by an independent this week as saying he would do anything to become prime minister except sell his arse. And that he might even be willing to do that. Charming fool of a PM he will make. Give me Julia any day rather than that vile man.
Blimey a more staunch labour supporter than me... never thought I'd see that

Reason a Bennite like myself wants rid of her...She is probably the most hopeless Labour Leader I've ever had the misfortune to see... including Mark Latham. She is doing irreparable harm to the party.

If I was a staunch Lib... I'd be willing her to stay in for the next two years... As to maximise the possiblity of killing the Labour party for a generation.

So Bring on Tony Abbot please.... he is Labours best long term hope
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:22 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Reason a Bennite like myself wants rid of her...She is probably the most hopeless Labour Leader I've ever had the misfortune to see... including Mark Latham. She is doing irreparable harm to the party.

If I was a staunch Lib... I'd be willing her to stay in for the next two years... As to maximise the possiblity of killing the Labour party for a generation.
So Bring on Tony Abbot please.... he is Labours best long term hope
And that is what will happen probably, no way she is going to let go.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

So Bring on Tony Abbot please.... he is Labour's best long term hope
I don't think so. I think most have just come under the spell of constant negative opposition and press...brainwashed by the shock jocks and right wing print journalists...just because an avowed wrecker in opposition is managing to wreck I will continue to judge each policy in the context of a minority govt with a wrecker in opposition. Many of her policies are good, some aren't or just fair.

The obvious thing she lacks is the style/presence demanded of a prime minister but as I prefer smart quiet people over stupid noisy ones I like her. It may be her undoing but I still won't think less of her for being an intelligent pragmatic person doing her best. Reports from "all" sides of parliament, including the LNP and the press, have over a long period described her as an intelligent decent hardworking person who has always strived to reach agreement and find the central ground.

Abbott has had barely one useful idea, has a self declared lack of interest in economics, has a poor team around him, is ideologically driven, is religious in the worst opportunistic judgemental way, has poor morals, knows nothing about technology (thinks wireless is taking over wired), has a bad record as a health minister including letting his religious beliefs interfere with his decisions, uses dog whistle politics without regard to the victims, lies about his beliefs and changes his mind on a political whim to whatever will fool enough people to get him the prime ministership he reportedly craves. Just because his tactics are working you won't find me on that bandwagon.

I can't wait for the day decent more moderate Liberal party members take back the party and provide a genuine choice like we used to have.

Last edited by fish.01; Sep 1st 2011 at 1:40 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:39 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Further to my above, I think Gillard will hang on and then yes, Labour will be cast out but ONLY if a replacement for Abbott is found AND early enough.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

"The Labor team supports me as the best person to do this job as prime minister," Ms Gillard said.

The proverbial vote of confidence?
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:07 pm
221b Baker Street

I just wish to go she'd sort her hair out!

She's shacked up with a hairdresser FGS.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I heard a Perth journalist interview one of the Greens senators this morning about the High Court decision http://www.6pr.com.au/blogs/6pr-pert...uj.html:blink:.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:20 pm
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by HelenTD
I heard a Perth journalist interview one of the Greens senators this morning about the High Court decision http://www.6pr.com.au/blogs/6pr-pert...uj.html:blink:.
That link doesn't work for me...might just be me though.

I thought it good that the courts proved to be independant of government. That's the job of the law courts, to interpret the law, not do what the govt. of the day wants them to.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
That link doesn't work for me...might just be me though.
Sorry, I'll try it again. The interview was by Paul Murray with Senator Sarah Hanson-Young http://www.6pr.com.au/blogs/6pr-pert...901-1jmuj.html. It was on 6PR and called Stop whinging, do something, on their home page at http://www.6pr.com.au/.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:32 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, Kevin...............

It's just a matter of time.

He's probably got the knife out of his back by now and its going to be a beauty of a boomerang.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.