Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tell me a story.. No really, tell me a real story

Tell me a story.. No really, tell me a real story

Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:35 am
never settled

S E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to all
Default Re: Tell me a story.. No really, tell me a real story

@ Stilletto_rebel

I have had s few freaky goings on too...

Shortly after my gran died somone put their hand on my shoulder. Someone said "hello" to me in my bedroom, oh and... I saw a ghost walk doen our hall.

And the most incredible thing happened to my mum shortly after my gran died. I will not say what because my mum believes its very special and doesn't want anyone to know so I will respect her wishes.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
We were sailing back to the U.K from Holland one year. It was my watch & about midnight I saw a couple of red distress flares off to the port side. I woke my dad who also saw them & we took a bearing on them & altered course accordingly. Dad got on the radio & alerted the coastguard.
After a few mins they confirmed our position via radar & reported that nothing was showing on the radar from that location. One of the North Sea Ferries confirmed the sighting of the flares & they had also altered course.
All of a sudden there was the sound of rapid machine gunfire & the sky lit up with a white flare. Two large balloon like targets were clearly visible just off the bow. The coastguard refused to believe that one as well, until two helicopter gunships appeared & we were instructed to change course & be on our way. Dad was still on the radio to the coastguard so they heard the exchange.
It appeared we had sailed into the middle of some sort of military exercise.
The UK's military might..
Years ago, we were boating it up a river in Dorset to a town to practise a night recce. We had drysuits, lifejackets and camouflage smocks, and initially got dropped off by helicopter into the estuary with the boat which we inflated and assembled in the water. We got into town and were heading back and the tide heading out when we made a wrong turn down a tributary.. We got stranded, and when dawn broke, locals walking their dogs were amazed to see blokes with rifles etc tooled up dragging a boat along the side of the river, blacked out faces going red with fustration..the secret that stays with me is that I knew the wrong turn we had made (although not at the time as it happened)and hadn't told the blokes - I was not in command that night, but the ops bod so should have pointed out the error...
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:56 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

I touched an orange tree once and every orange fell off at the same time. I have never told anyone this.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
I touched an orange tree once and every orange fell off at the same time. I have never told anyone this.
freaky!!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:32 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Wow
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:47 am
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Did he have a ny good lollies? I've scared them off by being particularly demanding. The ones who ask you to get into the car are the easiest to fob off.
No lollies, I found out years later that he was only about 18, so a pretty messed up young man indeed.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie30
No lollies, I found out years later that he was only about 18, so a pretty messed up young man indeed.
I didn't get any lollies either!! God the perverts today just ain't was they used to be hey!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
The UK's military might..
Years ago, we were boating it up a river in Dorset to a town to practise a night recce. We had drysuits, lifejackets and camouflage smocks, and initially got dropped off by helicopter into the estuary with the boat which we inflated and assembled in the water. We got into town and were heading back and the tide heading out when we made a wrong turn down a tributary.. We got stranded, and when dawn broke, locals walking their dogs were amazed to see blokes with rifles etc tooled up dragging a boat along the side of the river, blacked out faces going red with fustration..the secret that stays with me is that I knew the wrong turn we had made (although not at the time as it happened)and hadn't told the blokes - I was not in command that night, but the ops bod so should have pointed out the error...
Is that a euphemism for, you know . . . "takin' it up the wrongun". . . .?
Old Mar 10th 2010, 11:46 am
Account Closed

OK I have another scary one:

When I was 18 my friends from school started renting a flat in a city suburb of Adelaide.
I practically lived there as at the time I was not on good terms with my Dad and step mother.
Shortly after moving into the flat we had a big house warming party and a guy who lived in the same block of flats turned up, he seemed nice enough and got a long with everyone. Over the next few weeks we got to know him better and he would often turn up at our flat shortly after we returned home.
Over the next few weeks we noticed him acting strangely, out of no where he would say derogatory things about the Asian family who lived upstairs and say they were listening and weird things about the devil. Everyone else just laughed it off like he was joking but I picked up on it and told them not to laugh because I thought he might be mentally ill. Again everyone laughed it off when I told them I was scared of him and I thought he might be dangerous. His bahaviour continued to become very strange and and one afternoon I was sat alone on the doorstep waiting for my friend to arrive, I heard thrashing coming from the hedge by the flat and went to investigate, it was him and he was really mad, he told me he was going to have to 'Get the Devil out of the children upstairs' I took a deep breath and told him to please calm down and think about what he was saying. That night I told everyone that was over at our place (it was a bit of a pary house) that this guy was losing it and to please not let him in. They agreed not to.
Well later that night he arrived at the door, one of the guys we had over told him to go home, that we were all tired and not wanting visitors and then shut the door. Well he kept knocking and when we didn't answer he prised open our window screen and climbed in! He say calmly on our sofa looking at us all. We told him to leave but he refused and just sat there. I told someone to call the police and when he heard this he decided to leave.
We didn't see him for about a week or more until one night my friend and I were sitting on the drive way waiting for someone to pick us up and there he was. He sat down next to me and told me 'I am really hurt by what you and your friends did to me, you need to be very very careful' I asked what he meant by that and he put his hand inside his bag and rummaged around and then repeated quietly 'You need to be careful, very careful'
As you can imagine I was very freaked out. I told my friend and she was scared too.

Well a couple of days later we got home to the flat, let a couple of our friends inside while we walked to the shops to get some food as I was making a curry for dinner. When we arrived back we walked in to see our friends sitting on the sofa with the guy standing in the lounge. I immediately went to turn around and leave with my friend but he grabbed my arm and pulled my inside and shut the door. He said 'You're not leaving until we get those vegetables tested. You are a witch and you've been poisoning me'
He told us to sit down on the sofa and not move. He paced up and done the lounge room acting very disturbed and rambling bizarre things. One of my friends said she needed to go to the toilet and he let her go, while she went she grabbed the phone from the bedroom and rang the police. It felt like we were there for ages before the Police arrived, he continued to get more aggressive, mostly towards me, and told us he had a gun in his flat.
The Police came in and at first thought it was no big deal, until they started asking us questions. I told them what had happened and the guy flew into a rage saying 'I'm going to throw her through a window! She's a witch! She's been burning me with electricity look!' he pulled up his sleeves to show massive cuts up his arms. The Police then called in Mental Health Nurses to pick him up. While we waited for them to turn up he continued to tell the Police how I had hypnotised him and that for the past week he had been forced to count street lights in the city all night. He agreed to let the Police look in his flat and I told them he may have a gun. Later on they let us look in his flat, there was all sorts of Satanic symbols scratched into the walls, blood splattered on the celing and they found a loaded gun.
He was put into a Mental health clinic but escaped a few times, we saw him once during that time when he was sitting up a tree talking to himself, we moved out of the flat shortly after and my friend and I moved interstate for a while.

I didn't sleep well for quite some time after this and realised how little people understand about Mental illness and how terrible the Mental health system is.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

OK I have another scary one:

When I was 18 my friends from school started renting a flat in a city suburb of Adelaide.
I practically lived there as at the time I was not on good terms with my Dad and step mother.
Shortly after moving into the flat we had a big house warming party and a guy who lived in the same block of flats turned up, he seemed nice enough and got a long with everyone. Over the next few weeks we got to know him better and he would often turn up at our flat shortly after we returned home.
Over the next few weeks we noticed him acting strangely, out of no where he would say derogatory things about the Asian family who lived upstairs and say they were listening and weird things about the devil. Everyone else just laughed it off like he was joking but I picked up on it and told them not to laugh because I thought he might be mentally ill. Again everyone laughed it off when I told them I was scared of him and I thought he might be dangerous. His bahaviour continued to become very strange and and one afternoon I was sat alone on the doorstep waiting for my friend to arrive, I heard thrashing coming from the hedge by the flat and went to investigate, it was him and he was really mad, he told me he was going to have to 'Get the Devil out of the children upstairs' I took a deep breath and told him to please calm down and think about what he was saying. That night I told everyone that was over at our place (it was a bit of a pary house) that this guy was losing it and to please not let him in. They agreed not to.
Well later that night he arrived at the door, one of the guys we had over told him to go home, that we were all tired and not wanting visitors and then shut the door. Well he kept knocking and when we didn't answer he prised open our window screen and climbed in! He say calmly on our sofa looking at us all. We told him to leave but he refused and just sat there. I told someone to call the police and when he heard this he decided to leave.
We didn't see him for about a week or more until one night my friend and I were sitting on the drive way waiting for someone to pick us up and there he was. He sat down next to me and told me 'I am really hurt by what you and your friends did to me, you need to be very very careful' I asked what he meant by that and he put his hand inside his bag and rummaged around and then repeated quietly 'You need to be careful, very careful'
As you can imagine I was very freaked out. I told my friend and she was scared too.

Well a couple of days later we got home to the flat, let a couple of our friends inside while we walked to the shops to get some food as I was making a curry for dinner. When we arrived back we walked in to see our friends sitting on the sofa with the guy standing in the lounge. I immediately went to turn around and leave with my friend but he grabbed my arm and pulled my inside and shut the door. He said 'You're not leaving until we get those vegetables tested. You are a witch and you've been poisoning me'
He told us to sit down on the sofa and not move. He paced up and done the lounge room acting very disturbed and rambling bizarre things. One of my friends said she needed to go to the toilet and he let her go, while she went she grabbed the phone from the bedroom and rang the police. It felt like we were there for ages before the Police arrived, he continued to get more aggressive, mostly towards me, and told us he had a gun in his flat.
The Police came in and at first thought it was no big deal, until they started asking us questions. I told them what had happened and the guy flew into a rage saying 'I'm going to throw her through a window! She's a witch! She's been burning me with electricity look!' he pulled up his sleeves to show massive cuts up his arms. The Police then called in Mental Health Nurses to pick him up. While we waited for them to turn up he continued to tell the Police how I had hypnotised him and that for the past week he had been forced to count street lights in the city all night. He agreed to let the Police look in his flat and I told them he may have a gun. Later on they let us look in his flat, there was all sorts of Satanic symbols scratched into the walls, blood splattered on the celing and they found a loaded gun.
He was put into a Mental health clinic but escaped a few times, we saw him once during that time when he was sitting up a tree talking to himself, we moved out of the flat shortly after and my friend and I moved interstate for a while.

I didn't sleep well for quite some time after this and realised how little people understand about Mental illness and how terrible the Mental health system is.
It's not just the little people . . . I'm quite a big person, and I know a bit about it too . . .
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

A camel once tried to rape me.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kim67
A camel once tried to rape me.
Oh dear! That reminds me of the clip they showed on TV other day where a guy stopped his car and went to take a piss in a field, only to be chased down and almost raped by a donkey!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear! That reminds me of the clip they showed on TV other day where a guy stopped his car and went to take a piss in a field, only to be chased down and almost raped by a donkey!
Well fortunately the camel didn't get his way with me!!! My husband fought him off with a bag full of chico rolls, giving me the opportunity to make a run for the internal house fence of my father-in-law's property (which I couldn't see in the dark - just had to run til I flipped over it). Then the camel tried to kill my husband and his dad saved him. Was a very long and in hindsight, funny evening.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kim67
Well fortunately the camel didn't get his way with me!!! My husband fought him off with a bag full of chico rolls, giving me the opportunity to make a run for the internal house fence of my father-in-law's property (which I couldn't see in the dark - just had to run til I flipped over it). Then the camel tried to kill my husband and his dad saved him. Was a very long and in hindsight, funny evening.
OMG! Too bad no-one caught it on video camera, I'm sure you would have won if you'd sent it to Funniest Home Videos!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Ok when I lived in Australia,I had numerous close friends.One night we were all sat around drinking and we made a pact that the first one of us to die(I know abit morbid)that person had to somehow let us know there was life after death.Around 5 years later I moved to the UK.I was in constant contact with all my mates.One morning I awoke and suddenly burst into tears.My OH woke up,and was obviously quite shocked to see me crying.He asked me why.I replied "Pam has died"He asked me why I said that and I could'nt explain.He suggested I try ringing her to put my mind at ease.So I got out of bed and rang her number.No one answered.I started to feel panic stricken(not my usual state of mind I might add!!)and decided to check my emails.To my horror,I read an email from one of the close mates in Australia,and it just said "Ring me,Urgent"I immediately rang the friend,who said she had some bad news.Before she could tell me I said "Pam is dead is'nt she"?The mate asked how I knew and I really could'nt explain. Months later I had an inkling Pam was with me occasionally(as in spirit).One day I got into my car about to drive home from work.I drove aboout 1/2 a mile towards a huge roundabout that leads onto the M6.All of a sudden "someone"placed their hand on my shoulder.I was shocked as at first I thought someone was hiding in my back seat.I then realised it was Pam visiting me.I said jokingly out loud "Not now Pam,I'm driving"So I head up the M6,felt quite relaxed,listening to the radio.I came off the M6 onto the slip road,hit the brakes to slow down and.....had no brakes!!!!!At all!!!!!!Nice! Luckily for me the slip road was going up hill so I came to slow stop.After the car had been towed to the garage to be fixed and I was back home,i then realised that infact Pam had put her hand on my shoulder as a warning not to keep driving.freaky hey?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.