Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tell me a story.. No really, tell me a real story

Tell me a story.. No really, tell me a real story

Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tell me a story.. No really, tell me a real story

From 1999 until now I have cleared landmines in Cambodia, Bosnia, Mozambique, trained the East Timorese military, worked for 3 solid years across Afghanistan managing contracts, managed commercial contracts between Ghana, Burkina Faso, Egypt, and Tanzania, currently managing the life support to the AMISOM (African Union Peacekeeping Force) and Transitional Federal Govt forces in Somalia....not much to tell really.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:35 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Did it involve a goat and a farmer?

JTL
Over the space of quite a few hours it involved a Pontiac, a very lecherous American, his Mexican girlfriend, a gay bar in the middle of nowhere, an incredibly butch and persistent Mexican lesbian who couldn't seem to comprehed "no sorry, thanks, I'm incredibly flattered but straight", a cute little man called Jorge (think about that one), my friend and companion deserting me for said cute little man (and later getting chucked out of our hotel with him), a self-proclaimed "asexual" who "had the lurf" for me...well to cut a long story slightly shorter I sobered up in a low-class housing estate **** knows where, enough to realise I had to get out of there, couldn't quite remember my hotel's name though...and woke up next morning with some kind of crystal in my purse which I spent the rest of the holiday trying to remove all traces of. Oh and what was not in my purse was my money.

Me and tequila don't mix. Don't you just hate it when you go down to breakfast on the second day of your holiday and everybody says, "Hi Seasider, how you doin'?" and you haven't got a clue who they are?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JR230898
From 1999 until now I have cleared landmines in Cambodia, Bosnia, Mozambique, trained the East Timorese military, worked for 3 solid years across Afghanistan managing contracts, managed commercial contracts between Ghana, Burkina Faso, Egypt, and Tanzania, currently managing the life support to the AMISOM (African Union Peacekeeping Force) and Transitional Federal Govt forces in Somalia....not much to tell really.
What do you reckon to the supermarkets over in Africa then?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:53 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seasider
Over the space of quite a few hours it involved a Pontiac, a very lecherous American, his Mexican girlfriend, a gay bar in the middle of nowhere, an incredibly butch and persistent Mexican lesbian who couldn't seem to comprehed "no sorry, thanks, I'm incredibly flattered but straight", a cute little man called Jorge (think about that one), my friend and companion deserting me for said cute little man (and later getting chucked out of our hotel with him), a self-proclaimed "asexual" who "had the lurf" for me...well to cut a long story slightly shorter I sobered up in a low-class housing estate **** knows where, enough to realise I had to get out of there, couldn't quite remember my hotel's name though...and woke up next morning with some kind of crystal in my purse which I spent the rest of the holiday trying to remove all traces of. Oh and what was not in my purse was my money.

Me and tequila don't mix. Don't you just hate it when you go down to breakfast on the second day of your holiday and everybody says, "Hi Seasider, how you doin'?" and you haven't got a clue who they are?
Crikey, that beats the landmine story coming on from JR.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 2:45 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Well y'see, I have lots of stories but thought we were wanting more of JR's type, so have been keeping quiet.

I really daren't elaborate on post #5 though, apart from to say that he didn't do it, he just witnessed it, but it was a rather scary time in my life.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 3:06 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
My husband fought him off with a bag full of chico rolls
Old Mar 19th 2010, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

My flatmate used to work wierd shifts in central London so when I saw Crimewatch about a guy stalking women on quiet trains, I pointed it out to her....

Anyway a few days later I got a seat on my train home, train filled up, I realised someone was looking at me. Looked across and this guy said "Is this train going to Norbury?" - my local station. I realised it was the bloke off Crimewatch.

I dithered about what to do...then muttered "arggh I am not meant to be on this train" ,leapt off and raced away to find British Transport Police.
They were excellent and delayed the train for "technical reasons" and had a guard show my timetables while they looked for this bloke and I had to nod my head vigourously when they got him.

I had to go for a stiff drink after that and caught a train home much later....
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Pomster
.... and had a guard show my timetables ...
I've heard it called some things in my time...

Seriously, well done Pomster. Takes guts.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway a few days later I got a seat on my train home, train filled up, I realised someone was looking at me. Looked across and this guy said "Is this train going to Norbury?" - my local station. I realised it was the bloke off Crimewatch.
A presenter doing his own research!?
Old Mar 19th 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
A presenter doing his own research!?
Arff arff.

Seriously I was quaking in my boots as this guy had very scary eyes, and had done terrible things to the women he attacked.
My other fear was pointing the finger at the wrong person, but I guess sometimes you just have to go with gut instinct...
Old Mar 19th 2010, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Arff arff.

Seriously I was quaking in my boots as this guy had very scary eyes, and had done terrible things to the women he attacked.
My other fear was pointing the finger at the wrong person, but I guess sometimes you just have to go with gut instinct...
Shit myself would be my gut instinct

JTL
Old Mar 19th 2010, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Oh! The threads tonight just reminded me of a story.

At secondary school we had a French teacher, she was quite young, but not the most attractive. Sort of 'Princess Anne' ish. But she wore a loose blouse and no bra.

And she made a point of leaning over our desks to examine what we were doing. So you got a full clear view of her naked breasts swinging free.

As a 14 year old boy that was torture. We had breasts swinging 5 inches from our faces.

But she did look like a horse, so no-one ever made for the grab.

But trust me, she knew what she was doing.

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Mar 19th 2010 at 1:10 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Oh! The threads tonight just reminded me of a story.

At secondary school we had a French teacher, she was quite young, but not the most attractive. Sort of 'Princess Anne' ish. But she wore a loose blouse and no bra.

And she made a point of leaning over our desks to examine what we were doing. So you got a full clear view of her breasts swinging free.

As a 14 year old boy that was torture. We had breasts swinging 5 inches from our faces.

But she did look like a horse, so no-one ever made for the grab.

But trust me, she knew what she was doing.

JTL
Hmmm....I recall being all of 12, and finding the exposed navel on a 17 year old girl tantalising..

the innocence of it all..
Old Mar 19th 2010, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
What do you reckon to the supermarkets over in Africa then?
Real food at real prices...

Bon apetit!

All my own photos.

This is what food was before supermarkets took it away from us.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 12:01 am

I can't see any of them for some reason and I really want to. :wah:

Ooh... look what I got by quoting you! Fab!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.