Wikiposts

Sympathy please

Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sympathy please

I'm with everyone else. The job can't be worth this much pain, can it?

can you imagine if that's the behaviour of the mgt when you're only applying for the job, what they'd really be like if you actually screwed up on the job?

It doesn't bear thinking about!!!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:35 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like you are going for a job as a secret service agent, if so tell them you have no problem withdifficult colleagues you shoot them!!

sympathy sent mate!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:06 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

What a nightmare! What are you going to do?

I say tell 'em to stick their job (but I don't know if I actually would do that!).

K sent.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:14 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
As some of my friends know I have been in the process of selection for a particularly meaty role for a few weeks now....so far I've suffered...
  1. a telephone interview
  2. a face to face interview with the General Manager
  3. a face to face interview with a would be peer colleague
  4. a face to face interview with the current incumbent
  5. a psychometric personality test (nope they didn't find one)!
  6. a face to face interview with the National Manager
  7. a face to face interview with a client HR Director

Now they have got back saying that they have a concern or two on my ability to deal with difficult colleagues (don't even go there as someone has plucked that one right out of their backside)! and it hinges on my reference checks.

I won't go into the role or who it is with as I believe it not fate-ing things but I tell you....I have had enough. I am not sure that I would even want to work with these people now.

ENOUGH!:curse:
Next time you are talking to one of them and they say they are concerned about how you deal with difficult people just say:

"I've been dealing with you lot of ar$eholes for the past month and I've managed that fine....dealing with difficult people ...I'll give you *****ing difficult....!"

then hang up.

You might not get the job - but you'll feel a lot better!!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:17 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
Next time you are talking to one of them and they say they are concerned about how you deal with difficult people just say:

"I've been dealing with you lot of ar$eholes for the past month and I've managed that fine....dealing with difficult people ...I'll give you *****ing difficult....!"

then hang up.

You might not get the job - but you'll feel a lot better!!
This made me laugh out loud
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Next time you see them, give em a slap and say Thats how I deal with difficult people!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Olias
Next time you see them, give em a slap and say Thats how I deal with difficult people!
Nice method.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's a test and they are being especially difficult to see how you handle it.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:25 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Maybe it's a test and they are being especially difficult to see how you handle it.
That's what I said in so many words..

Can't even say they hired crap interviewers...seeing as at least one would be her boss.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
That's what I said in so many words..

Can't even say they hired crap interviewers...seeing as at least one would be her boss.

I'd be tempted to say that to them anyway
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:33 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yes....

When I go for an interview, I see it as a way of getting to know them....as well as them getting to know me.

Having said that, I do tend to 'take over' interviews .... and haven't been turned down for one yet
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:36 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I love how you two have just taken over my future!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You can buy us both a beer sometime to say thankyou
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:38 pm
Australian Citizen

Sorry...only our own opinions..

I'm sure it's a very good company to work for.......

Have you decided anything if they come back with a contract?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:38 pm
A rather curious boy

You can buy us both a beer sometime to say thankyou

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.