Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Swiss voters 'back expulsion of foreign criminals'

Swiss voters 'back expulsion of foreign criminals'

Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:50 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swiss voters 'back expulsion of foreign criminals'

(SNIP)

I think you're being too harsh.

You have to remember that some countries don't have M&S or Tesco so how can one fully integrate?

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 29th 2010 at 6:32 am. Reason: Quotes removed
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:51 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seneca21
Europe has little choice in terms of immigration.
Personally I've never believed that line.

It's rolled out regularly to justify the import of 'cheap people'. It's about as valid as the lie that 'immigration is good for the UK'
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

It's rolled out regularly to justify the import of 'cheap people'. It's about as valid as the lie that 'immigration is good for the UK'
Fine - that's a criticism. What is the solution? What successful economies have undergone a constant depopulation?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The people? The people put 230 Nazis into the Reichstag in 1932. This is no recommendation.
What's that law/rule that the first person to mention Hitler/Nazis in an argument has lost? Well you just did!

I don't think you can compare 1930's Germany to 21st Century Switzerland.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:54 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

I think this originates within Esperanto and there was a loss in translation.

Maybe a more accurate translation is:
'immigration is good for the bottom line'
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
What's that law/rule that the first person to mention Hitler/Nazis in an argument has lost? Well you just did!

OMG I get so tired of that. We are talking about the far-right in central Europe exploiting the GFC to get rid of immigrants, and this obviously has direct and highly relevant parallels to the last time a far-right group in central Europe exploited a financial collapse to seize power and get rid of immigrants.

It is uncomfortable, of course. And of course one can make the comparison. The parallels are terrifying.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I get so tired of that. We are talking about the far-right in central Europe exploiting the GFC to get rid of immigrants, and this obviously has direct and highly relevant parallels to the last time a far-right group in central Europe exploited a financial collapse to seize power and get rid of immigrants.

It is uncomfortable, of course. And of course one can make the comparison. The parallels are terrifying.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Of course you can. Not wanting to is another thing, but it is possible. And not just Switzerland either. Look at early late 20s/early 30s politics in Europe and there is no way to ignore the parallels. Remember, no one in 1931 ever said "I'm not voting for Hitler is going to be mental in ten years." When he was blaming immigrants for Germany's financial and social problems people really thought he was the solution.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Who the (SNIP) are you to call me racist.
Anybody who reads your posts can clearly see you are a racist.

Just cannot believe you are allowed to post your racist views on this forum.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 29th 2010 at 6:33 am. Reason: Quote edited
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:59 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
I wish you would just (SNIP) off with your blatant racism.
I was waiting for someone to play the R card.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 29th 2010 at 6:34 am. Reason: quote edited
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
I think this originates within Esperanto and there was a loss in translation.

Maybe a more accurate translation is:
'immigration is good for the bottom line'
Now THAT is more like it
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by renth
This one

Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Of course you can.
I don't think you can - different time, different world.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:03 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by renth
Inevitable.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Of course you can. Not wanting to is another thing, but it is possible. And not just Switzerland either. Look at early late 20s/early 30s politics in Europe and there is no way to ignore the parallels. Remember, no one in 1931 ever said "I'm not voting for Hitler is going to be mental in ten years." When he was blaming immigrants for Germany's financial and social problems people really thought he was the solution.
For Germans, up until about 1941 they would have been right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.