Sweet jesus - the inlaws are coming for six weeks

Sweet jesus - the inlaws are coming for six weeks

Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:22 pm
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sweet jesus - the inlaws are coming for six weeks

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
That made me shiver & I don't even know the old crone!

K14, I agree with PP, you have to tell your folks, no more than 4 weeks.
I cannot believe that people are rude enough to book flights before asking!
Thanks guys. My sister is here too and they're coming to see her too. So I've said they are not staying with us at all and my sister seems ok to have them for a while (mind you last time they stayed with her for 2 months that didn't go well either!).
Last time they were keener on staying with us rather than my sister as we have a pool and a bit more room!

I'll just leave them all to it and see them occasionally while they're here.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:16 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
*weeps quietly into his hands*

Missus: They're definitely coming. Have told them they'll need to chip in with electricity etc.
Me: ****!
Missus: And my mum says she has learned her lesson!
Me: ****!
Missus: They are coming for ages.
Me: Define 'ages'.
Missus: 9th dec - 18th jan
Me: And they'll be in this house during that entire period? They're not like, buggering off to Perth for five of those weeks?
Missus: At least it's over christmas so loads going on.
Me: Yea, a double homicide for starters ....

http://www.mybloggingblog.com/wp-con...rustration.jpg
Stop whinging you lightweight, I had them for 3 months at xmas. Just drink a lot, she'll be right.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:17 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Stop whinging you lightweight, I had them for 3 months at xmas. Just drink a lot, she'll be right.
If I drank any more I'd need hospitalising.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:26 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

If I drank any more I'd need hospitalising.
Revert to the good old days then and have a few spliffs!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:37 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who has had the six month MIL visit ??

Last edited by sel; Jun 17th 2009 at 3:01 am. Reason: goto just get on with it ...
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:21 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:42 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Nope. My sister and her husband did too. My parents moved in with 'em when they retired here. One night in the wee small hours, my BIL got up for a piss and since it was so late didn't bother with a pair of boxers. Opened the bog door and there's my mum (very overweight - not a pretty picture) on the khazi also in the all-together. They both screamed. BIL says he has recurrent nightmares about that evening.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:57 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. My sister and her husband did too. My parents moved in with 'em when they retired here. One night in the wee small hours, my BIL got up for a piss and since it was so late didn't bother with a pair of boxers. Opened the bog door and there's my mum (very overweight - not a pretty picture) on the khazi also in the all-together. They both screamed. BIL says he has recurrent nightmares about that evening.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:00 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Bloody black comedy possibly.

Yea, had the same thing when we stayed with my parents for two months. Everyone lost the plot at one point or another. Only person that isn't complaining is the pooch, because she suddenly gets three times as many dog walks when the sponges-in-law are in town.
Good one mate

Carol
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

We have brought a house with a granny flat so there is somewhere for the family to stay when they visit, we told the real estate it was are only condition we had.

We now have a house and a separate granny flat and there are only 2 of us, we will be paying it off for the rest of our lives but it will be worth every $$$$$$$

minibelle
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:00 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minibelle
We have brought a house with a granny flat so there is somewhere for the family to stay when they visit, we told the real estate it was are only condition we had.

We now have a house and a separate granny flat and there are only 2 of us, we will be paying it off for the rest of our lives but it will be worth every $$$$$$$

minibelle
Thats what we thought when we bought our house with a granny flat .... but it is like moths to the flame (with all the extra costs)
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sel
Thats what we thought when we bought our house with a granny flat .... but it is like moths to the flame (with all the extra costs)

we might have to rent it out to a student lol
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

What is wrong with the word NO!?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Oh God!!! We told my MIL the maximum visa is the 3 months electronic one ... (we know that's not true ...)