Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sweet jesus - the inlaws are coming for six weeks

Sweet jesus - the inlaws are coming for six weeks

Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:44 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sweet jesus - the inlaws are coming for six weeks

Originally Posted by Hutch
*weeps quietly into his hands*

Missus: They're definitely coming. Have told them they'll need to chip in with electricity etc.
Me: ****!
Missus: And my mum says she has learned her lesson!
Missus: They are coming for ages.
Me: Define 'ages'.
Missus: 9th dec - 18th jan
Me: And they'll be in this house during that entire period? They're not like, buggering off to Perth for five of those weeks?
Missus: At least it's over christmas so loads going on.
Me: Yea, a double homicide for starters ....

http://www.mybloggingblog.com/wp-con...rustration.jpg
At least they're honest...! My MIL arrived November last year for 3 weeks and inside the first week had changed her return flight to mid February...!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We don't move until next year but MIL has already said (several times) that she'll give us a month to settle in & then she's coming out for 3 months Mind you we're about 150 miles away from her now & she can't get down for a weekend so maybe she won't managed to get to the other side of the world

Alison x
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

i feel your pain lol
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:49 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

You must have been a real arsehole in your previous life,like you are in this one,get off the bad karma treadmill
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Couldn't you say it will be lovely to have you for 2 weeks, but we've found you a lovely rental round the corner so you can have some privacy. Or what about booking them on a bus tour for a few weeks - your Christmas present to them!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:36 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
But they've only just left swearing blind they would never come again You haven't been nice to them over Skype have you?
Yea, they appear to have forgotten the ill-will, hatred, strife and utter unpleasantness they bring with them whenever they visit. And no, haven't been nice - in fact when she phones up I just silently hand the phone to the missus.

Originally Posted by DrWho
At least they're honest...! My MIL arrived November last year for 3 weeks and inside the first week had changed her return flight to mid February...!
Ouch.

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
You must have been a real arsehole in your previous life,like you are in this one,get off the bad karma treadmill

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Couldn't you say it will be lovely to have you for 2 weeks, but we've found you a lovely rental round the corner so you can have some privacy. Or what about booking them on a bus tour for a few weeks - your Christmas present to them!
They're the biggest cheap-skates to walk the earth. You know when you go on holiday and meet some people and swap addresses and say, "If you're ever in the area." Well my wife's parents actually do show up at the door, suitcases in hand and expect free board and lodgings. They do it all the time. The FIL billed his other son-in-law for the time it took him to erect a trampoline for his own grandkids!!!! The MIL turned down visits from her daughter and grandson once by saying it was 10% off day at Homebase.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:42 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

You know when you go on holiday and meet some people and swap addresses and say, "If you're ever in the area." Well my wife's parents actually do show up at the door, suitcases in hand and expect free board and lodgings. They do it all the time.
Omg Hutch I think we have the same in-laws. Mine do the exact same thing. They spend their time in the UK relentlessly stalking people they have met on their trips abroad (emails, cards etc) and then basically invite themselves to stay the next time they are in the same county. Am cringing just thinking about it.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:46 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
Omg Hutch I think we have the same in-laws. Mine do the exact same thing. They spend their time in the UK relentlessly stalking people they have met on their trips abroad (emails, cards etc) and then basically invite themselves to stay the next time they are in the same county. Am cringing just thinking about it.
lol - maybe we should introduce them to each other - they could spend their time commuting between each others houses and leave the rest of humanity alone.

When they were over last year they were going to look up a Sydney based Australian that they met in the Cotswolds who was apparently a yacht owner. I pointed out to the FIL that if they all went out for a meal it was unlikely to be in the local KFC and that he'd have to split the bill. He decided not to visit them after that.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of

well i have got my mil and fil coming end of november for 3 months,am really looking forward to it as she does so much ie the cooking,cleaning looking after the kids,so its gonna be nice that me and my hubby can go out a few times on our own ,cant wait
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, they appear to have forgotten the ill-will, hatred, strife and utter unpleasantness they bring with them whenever they visit. And no, haven't been nice - in fact when she phones up I just silently hand the phone to the missus.

Ouch.

They're the biggest cheap-skates to walk the earth. You know when you go on holiday and meet some people and swap addresses and say, "If you're ever in the area." Well my wife's parents actually do show up at the door, suitcases in hand and expect free board and lodgings. They do it all the time. The FIL billed his other son-in-law for the time it took him to erect a trampoline for his own grandkids!!!! The MIL turned down visits from her daughter and grandson once by saying it was 10% off day at Homebase.
Just before they arrive tell them you have move to a studio apartment and don't have room to put them up.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:44 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

*weeps quietly into his hands*

Missus: They're definitely coming. Have told them they'll need to chip in with electricity etc.
Missus: And my mum says she has learned her lesson!
Missus: They are coming for ages.
Me: Define 'ages'.
Missus: 9th dec - 18th jan
Me: And they'll be in this house during that entire period? They're not like, buggering off to Perth for five of those weeks?
Missus: At least it's over christmas so loads going on.
Me: Yea, a double homicide for starters ....

http://www.mybloggingblog.com/wp-con...rustration.jpg
After the 3 week visit that I had from my mother-in-law, back in February, I can offer nothing but empathy.

It's like doing 'hard time'....
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:48 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

lol .......When they were over last year they were going to look up a Sydney based Australian that they met in the Cotswolds who was apparently a yacht owner. I pointed out to the FIL that if they all went out for a meal it was unlikely to be in the local KFC and that he'd have to split the bill. He decided not to visit them after that.
you could write a comedy on those two
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy shit!!! Best of luck with that, mine stayed for 3 and I was practicing tying nooses after 2. Mind you, my parents stayed for 6 weeks and we fell out a couple of times which just doesn't happen.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:33 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
you could write a comedy on those two
Bloody black comedy possibly.

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Holy shit!!! Best of luck with that, mine stayed for 3 and I was practicing tying nooses after 2. Mind you, my parents stayed for 6 weeks and we fell out a couple of times which just doesn't happen.
Yea, had the same thing when we stayed with my parents for two months. Everyone lost the plot at one point or another. Only person that isn't complaining is the pooch, because she suddenly gets three times as many dog walks when the sponges-in-law are in town.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:36 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

.....sponges-in-law ...
Coffee splattered and pissing pants now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.