Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Suggestions welcome regarding banking

Suggestions welcome regarding banking

Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:47 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestions welcome regarding banking

Originally Posted by Reedy
I am using ANZ... I walked in on my first day here and set up an account - one tip ask for an everyday visa card as the eftpos can't be used on the internet! You will have to transfer money onto the card to use it but it is simple to use. They don't offer it as a standard......

It will be cheaper for you than using a UK credit card which you will have to otherwise, even for things like car hire etc!

Lau x
Thanks Lau. Im on the HSBC site now trying to make sense of that one.

Originally Posted by Wendy
I remember the feeling well Sam!. Just take it easy, and allow yourself some de-stress time. It will all come together I promise.

And you can unload anytime you like, you know we're here for you
Wendy its truly horrible feeling like this. Because everything is boxed up, sold, thrown away or given to charity, I feel upset for some reason that my security has gone.

And work isnt very nice at the moment, so I guess it doesnt help.

Im going to make a horlicks, would anyone like one?

Back in 5 mins.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:49 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Changing the subject entirely, I thought of you today. There was a woman on the central line tube and she had the chunkiest camel toe ever.

Thanks for that. Everyone in my office now thinks I'm a nutter because after I read this I laughed out loud whilst eating a Rolo and almost choked on it.

On a serious note, though, good luck with everything and hope your trip goes smoothly.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

The countdown has begun
Don't worry I agree with Wendy, when you get nearer your leaving date it all seems to fall into place....promise

Heres a ((((((((((HUG))))))))))) to make you fell a little better.

Regarding the banks as well. When we were there we used ANZ. It was a basic account and cost us $5 a month. Just what we needed at the time.

Hope this little bit of info helps
Lynne x
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lau. Im on the HSBC site now trying to make sense of that one.

Wendy its truly horrible feeling like this. Because everything is boxed up, sold, thrown away or given to charity, I feel upset for some reason that my security has gone.

And work isnt very nice at the moment, so I guess it doesnt help.

Im going to make a horlicks, would anyone like one?

Back in 5 mins.
It will soon pass mate, hang in there. It feels like only a few months ago that we were doing the same thing, and it's nearly 2 years ago
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:58 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Thanks for that. Everyone in my office now thinks I'm a nutter because after I read this I laughed out loud whilst eating a Rolo and almost choked on it.

On a serious note, though, good luck with everything and hope your trip goes smoothly.
Well you see there is a camel toe and a beetles bonnet (remember that Stevo)

Camel toe is where the minge is sliced neatly into two pieces by trousers/shorts.

Some toes are porkier than others, some look like two fillet steaks separated by fabric.

A beetles bonnet is where the minge is not divided at all. It falls neatly into place and looks like the top of a VW beetle car. A very porky minge indeed, even more porky due to lack of separation. Very noticeable, well I notice odd genitals anyway and some beetles bonnets could be used as a mattress.

Originally Posted by mick69
The countdown has begun
Don't worry I agree with Wendy, when you get nearer your leaving date it all seems to fall into place....promise

Heres a ((((((((((HUG))))))))))) to make you fell a little better.

Regarding the banks as well. When we were there we used ANZ. It was a basic account and cost us $5 a month. Just what we needed at the time.

Hope this little bit of info helps
Lynne x
Thanks Lynne, Ive closed my windows and will have a look tomorrow. I didnt know if HSBC were any good as they were in the UK as well.

How are you doing?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:04 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Well you see there is a camel toe and a beetles bonnet (remember that Stevo)
?
http://www.thenewts.net/media/displa...lbum=9&pos=142
centre pic
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by steve`o
My horlicks has just shot up my nose.

I bet her knickers stink.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:17 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

My horlicks has just shot up my nose.

I bet her knickers stink.
typical bloody woman

turns what looked like being of some intrest into a bloody washing thread

bugger
pass the daz
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:20 am

typical bloody woman

turns what looked like being of some intrest into a bloody washing thread

bugger
pass the daz
I should go to bed but I dont want morning to come and Im dreading work

And Ive just spotted that I havent packed the cats bed, so that will have to be sorted tomorrow.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lynne, Ive closed my windows and will have a look tomorrow. I didnt know if HSBC were any good as they were in the UK as well.

How are you doing?[/QUOTE]

Not to bad thanks for asking. Still have huge pangs of wanting to go back but....not much I can do. Onwards and upwards
Lynne
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:25 am
Worongary

I should go to bed but I dont want morning to come and Im dreading work

And Ive just spotted that I havent packed the cats bed, so that will have to be sorted tomorrow.
go to bed sam

how come i`m always telling you this ????

off myself now the deck wont build itself
Attached Thumbnails Suggestions welcome regarding banking-img_5826.jpg  
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by mick69

How are you doing?

Not to bad thanks for asking. Still have huge pangs of wanting to go back but....not much I can do. Onwards and upwards
Lynne [/QUOTE]

It must be so hard when one person loves it and the other doesnt. Who do you move back for? Who do you stay put for? Your husband/wife/children.

More importantly, who did you move out for in the first place? Now these are some questions that you cannot predict the answers to until you have been in that situation.

Saying that though, I wouldnt stay in Oz even if I loved it, if Mr PP wanted to go home.

I havent built up nearly 20 years with him to swap it for a country.

I think you did the right thing you know Lynee and I bet things will come good for you.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:31 am

go to bed sam

how come i`m always telling you this ????

off myself now the deck wont build itself

It does seem to be you telling me to go to bed lately.

I dont want to go to work tomorrow, I feel sick at the thought. Five minutes longer....
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Sam for the encouragement. Will keep on going

Lynne
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:48 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
We have commonwealth as we send money back and forth a lot it was easy to open in London and we have a credit card with it.
the online banking makes it easy to use.
we too opened a commonwealth account in London and I agree the online banking is so easy.

also if you have a certain ammount of money in the account there are no charges for withdrawals.

HSBC had a better rate but there is no branch here in Tas and so that put us off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.