British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   "Stumble Inn" - the Barbie's very own pub (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/stumble-inn-barbies-very-own-pub-719096/)

Lorna at Vicenza Jul 13th 2011 7:14 am

Re: "Stumble Inn" - the Barbie's very own pub

I'm drinking a tot of peat bog smoked whiskey but all I can taste in my mouth is the smoke.

It's not like the whiskey my Granny used to drink.

I knew I should have bought a bottle of Irish Mist and Drambuie when in duty free.

ROMFT_WO2RN Jul 13th 2011 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 9493666)
I'm drinking a tot of peat bog smoked whiskey but all I can taste in my mouth is the smoke.

I knew I should have bought a bottle of Irish Mist and Drambuie when in duty free.

aint hindsight a bitch :p have one on the house ;)

rasen78 Jul 13th 2011 8:11 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN (Post 9493743)

a bottle of capol to put the girl to sleep please:frown:

and a bottle of the hard stuff for me:blink:

Pollyana Jul 13th 2011 8:13 am

Originally Posted by rasen78 (Post 9493298)
add pernod, vodka and sambuca to the mix and I'll name that tune:sneaky:

:thumbsup: Thats the one :wub: Nice bit of Christy there:)

So, is he finished in that corner or is he up for a threesome?:wub:

Knowing Bernie.........:wub::o

ROMFT is feeling lonely:lol:

:eek: on the other hand......:lol:

Pollyana Jul 13th 2011 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 9493666)

Oooh I love Drambuie, my Gran used to sneak me glasses of it behind my mum's back :lol:

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN (Post 9493743)

:thumbsup:

ROMFT_WO2RN Jul 13th 2011 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9493767)
:thumbsup: Thats the one :wub: Nice bit of Christy there:)

Knowing Bernie.........:wub::o

:eek: on the other hand......:lol:

actually feeling unenthused so can't be arsed swotting tonight :( 90 mins of PRINCE 2 sh!t online earlier has sucked the life out of me so time for another cheap n cheerful choc-ice :thumbsup:

might search Seek for jobs though, anyone know any good recruiters in Adelaide???

Pollyana Jul 13th 2011 8:29 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN (Post 9493773)
actually feeling unenthused so can't be arsed swotting tonight :( 90 mins of PRINCE 2 sh!t online earlier has sucked the life out of me so time for another cheap n cheerful choc-ice :thumbsup:

might search Seek for jobs though, anyone know any good recruiters in Adelaide???

Can't help you there I'm afraid, I know nothing at all about Adelaide.....except that a friend of mine from Northants says his mum went there a few years back and said it reminded her of Kettering in the 1950s....:blink:
Oh and I had a brief encounter (thankfully very brief) with a guy back in Sussed who had family in Adelaide....he said (and this really is a quote)......."We went and visited them one year, it were better than that Portugal we usually go to cos they spoke the right lingo, but the chips weren't up to much" - never forgotten it, he really did belong to the crowd of holidaymakers that want egg and chips and English lager wherever they go.....He was a West Ham supporter, explains a lot :D

Hope I haven't put you off yet :rofl:

ROMFT_WO2RN Jul 13th 2011 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9493803)
Can't help you there I'm afraid, I know nothing at all about Adelaide.....except that a friend of mine from Northants says his mum went there a few years back and said it reminded her of Kettering in the 1950s....:blink:
Oh and I had a brief encounter (thankfully very brief) with a guy back in Sussed who had family in Adelaide....he said (and this really is a quote)......."We went and visited them one year, it were better than that Portugal we usually go to cos they spoke the right lingo, but the chips weren't up to much" - never forgotten it, he really did belong to the crowd of holidaymakers that want egg and chips and English lager wherever they go.....He was a West Ham supporter, explains a lot :D

Hope I haven't put you off yet :rofl:

:eek:

nah not yet, although if the Lions aren't playing there in 2013 that might be a deal breaker :lol:

used to be an English food only bloke but much more adventurous nowadays although draw the line at chickens feet :ohmy:

Pollyana Jul 13th 2011 8:42 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN (Post 9493818)
:eek:

nah not yet, although if the Lions aren't playing there in 2013 that might be a deal breaker :lol:

used to be an English food only bloke but much more adventurous nowadays although draw the line at chickens feet :ohmy:

I had a boss who loved them, used to take us all to a Chinese place in the Valley in Brisbane for lunch and he would chew his way through a plate of them every time :eek: Very strange!

ROMFT_WO2RN Jul 13th 2011 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9493831)
I had a boss who loved them, used to take us all to a Chinese place in the Valley in Brisbane for lunch and he would chew his way through a plate of them every time :eek: Very strange!

only saw them once in a steamboat restaurant in Borneo, didn't look very appetising at all :( The Dim Sum however was gorgeous :thumbsup:

Pollyana Jul 13th 2011 8:54 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN (Post 9493838)
only saw them once in a steamboat restaurant in Borneo, didn't look very appetising at all :( The Dim Sum however was gorgeous :thumbsup:

No, these were awful, we used to take the micky out of him no end for it, but he said he was paying so he could eat what he liked :D

ROMFT_WO2RN Jul 13th 2011 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9493852)
No, these were awful, we used to take the micky out of him no end for it, but he said he was paying so he could eat what he liked :D

fair enough :D no job searching but have found some old mates on LinkedIn :thumbsup: one in New Zealand and one in Thailand.

time for a nightcap then time for bed said zebedee :D

Pollyana Jul 13th 2011 9:03 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN (Post 9493859)
fair enough :D no job searching but have found some old mates on LinkedIn :thumbsup: one in New Zealand and one in Thailand.

time for a nightcap then time for bed said zebedee :D

While City Witch braves the daily commute....is it the weekend yet?! :D

Pollyana Jul 13th 2011 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 9492746)
Got a nice bottle of champers:p

OMG this commuting isn't good for the brain! I just realised what champagne it must be :rofl: :thumbup: Glad you saved it, i thought it was long gone :thumbup: :lol:

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 9492830)
SHUT UP YOU GODDAMN HO:frown:

I'll repossess the champers :eek::D

Alfresco Jul 13th 2011 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9493871)
While City Witch braves the daily commute....is it the weekend yet?! :D

Ha!

:beer: