Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Steamed Steak and Kidney Pudding

Steamed Steak and Kidney Pudding

Old May 12th 2012, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Steamed Steak and Kidney Pudding

Served with some fresh steamed veg

And a baked treacle pud and proper custard for pudding.....

First meal in is house for around 6 months when I'm not cooking for the world and his mother.....

In fact only 5 of us.....

The YankDownUnder has moved into a house share in perth for 4 weeks... She'll be back for another 6 weeks after finals....

Kevin and The1 are housesitting The1's parental house and supervising his younger brother whilst the lucky buggers take a 5 week camping trip up north

The grey nomads haven't arrived yet...

We get Mothers Day breakfast with kevin and The1, The1's mother is doing dinner with them.....

So I'm doing summit WE all like for dinner....

Tomorrow is back to normal..... kevin and the1 will be back for dinner each night..WITH the little brothers.... Because she's still vomiting 23/7 ...not really up to cooking food... So I'm back to feeding the five thousand....

House is awfully quiet.
Old May 12th 2012, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steamed Steak and Kidney Pudding

Originally Posted by eddie007
Served with some fresh steamed veg

And a baked treacle pud and proper custard for pudding.....

First meal in is house for around 6 months when I'm not cooking for the world and his mother.....

In fact only 5 of us.....

The YankDownUnder has moved into a house share in perth for 4 weeks... She'll be back for another 6 weeks after finals....

Kevin and The1 are housesitting The1's parental house and supervising his younger brother whilst the lucky buggers take a 5 week camping trip up north

The grey nomads haven't arrived yet...

We get Mothers Day breakfast with kevin and The1, The1's mother is doing dinner with them.....

So I'm doing summit WE all like for dinner....

Tomorrow is back to normal..... kevin and the1 will be back for dinner each night..WITH the little brothers.... Because she's still vomiting 23/7 ...not really up to cooking food... So I'm back to feeding the five thousand....

House is awfully quiet.
I have failed to make a delicious steak and kid pudd without that shredded suet you get in UK, Aurora??

What can be used instead.
Old May 12th 2012, 2:27 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I have failed to make a delicious steak and kid pudd without that shredded suet you get in UK, Aurora??

Both our local Woolies and Coles sell Atora. If not, then there's a product made by Tandaco (something like that) - I think it's in a greenish coloured box.

I think they're both in the baking section.
Old May 12th 2012, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

arora vegetarian.... Avaiable in all good woolies in WA... Or simply goto your local butchers for some beef suet.... They virtually give it away... Chill it, grate it and dust the grated suet with flour.... That's all atora is.....

Having to make two coz I overestimated the meat.....

Anyone want one?
Old May 12th 2012, 2:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

arora vegetarian.... Avaiable in all good woolies in WA... Or simply goto your local butchers for some beef suet.... They virtually give it away... Chill it, grate it and dust the grated suet with flour.... That's all atora is.....

Having to make two coz I overestimated the meat.....

Anyone want one?
Yes please. I couldn't have a steak and kidney pud followed by another steamed pud for afters. One or t'other but not both.
Old May 12th 2012, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yes please. I couldn't have a steak and kidney pud followed by another steamed pud for afters. One or t'other but not both.
Seeing as I've had to put two steak n kidneys in the steamer (good old fashioned thing... Close fitting lid..inbuilt trivet... Lid fits so bloody close I can stick them on now and in five hours I know they wont have boiled dry... I'm going to have to bake the treacle pudding....

Could you manage just a wafer thin slice????
Old May 12th 2012, 2:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as I've had to put two steak n kidneys in the steamer (good old fashioned thing... Close fitting lid..inbuilt trivet... Lid fits so bloody close I can stick them on now and in five hours I know they wont have boiled dry... I'm going to have to bake the treacle pudding....

Could you manage just a wafer thin slice????
Thanks but no. I'll have that tomorrow. Can you get the steak and kidney pud to me before I put the oven on at 5 please?
Old May 12th 2012, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks but no. I'll have that tomorrow. Can you get the steak and kidney pud to me before I put the oven on at 5 please?
I'll start driving now..... Five wednesday arvo be ok????
Old May 12th 2012, 2:58 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I'll start driving now..... Five wednesday arvo be ok????
Sod that bloody woman on the Gold Coast, you are closer to me!
Old May 12th 2012, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by northernbird
Sod that bloody woman on the Gold Coast, you are closer to me!
Fancy popping down? There's more than enough to go round
Old May 12th 2012, 3:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Fancy popping down? There's more than enough to go round
I would have loved to but Katie gone AWOL so have to stay home!
Old May 12th 2012, 3:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Even more reason to go down but I take your point. I won't even take offence at being called 'that bloody woman'. I've heard worse.
Old May 12th 2012, 3:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Even more reason to go down but I take your point. I won't even take offence at being called 'that bloody woman'. I've heard worse.
You know I was only being a keyboard warrior!
Old May 12th 2012, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well if she reappears before 5 give me a ring....
Old May 12th 2012, 3:10 pm
Gutter Gob!!

thanks mate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.