Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old May 15th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by Lil
Hey! I wouldn’t worry about the depression! To be honest, there are very few people who have gone through life without expressing some sort of depression.

Besides, the doctor doing the medical will ask you questions but will ask when the last time it had been used and maybe what triggers it. I think it may make a bigger difference to your application if you have been prescribed psychotic medication or have put others at risk with this illness. Also, they want to know for financial reasons and see if you may need state money to help you pay for it if things did turn.
Well it has only happened during one particular time in my life, when my parents split, I lost my job AND my girlfriend, who is now my fiancee had to move back to OZ and we split. This all happened in a short space of time and I did have 2 spells in hospital and was on anti-depressants and receiving pshychiatric help.

This is something that has NO affect on me now whatsoever, and I moved on extremely well by moving to a new town and am now in a good job, so all is good. I just want to be with the one I love

Really struggling today, especially with this medical worry.

EDIT - Is it worth me emailing Australia House and asking them about this?

Last edited by JBlokeUK; May 15th 2008 at 11:50 am.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:44 pm
Lil
Just Joined

Lil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the rough

I would not worry about that at all to be honest. You have to mention it to the doctor when you have your medical as it is one of the questions there. But to be honest even though it is not a laughable matter, depression is likened to a cold by many doctors…or at least the ones I know in social circles. Everyone goes through it or knows someone who has.

It becomes more serious when you are seen as a danger to someone else or an extreme danger to yourself and are hospitalised. To have talking treatment is a positive thing – a lot of people do that for good mental health.

I’m sure you’ll be ok
Old May 15th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

cazw1405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Congrats on your visa Caz you lucky, lucky bugger

Having a few worries about the medical side of things, especially as I have suffered from moderate depression with self harm back in 2002/2003. I really, REALLY hope this wont be a big issue and is the one big worry I have with my application

I'm hoping to get my GP to write a letter stating I havent been on medication for the last 4 years or so and that I'm all well and good, will this help lots?

Hi There,

Thanks for your congrats! We sure feel lucky let me tell you!! Its a massive relief!

As far as your medical goes I am sure the letter from your doctor will help loads! In my experience as long as you are honest about things they won't hold it against you. You can only put your case forward and hope for the best. I really hope it all goes well for you. Got everything crossed things go your way!

Caz x
Old May 15th 2008, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scott and Kaz
Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself and get to know some people who can give me advice on a De-Facto Spouse visa and who are going through the same thing.

The forms we have completed are:

47SP - me
40SP - OH
888 - OH's family in Oz plus her Dad, Sister, my Mum & Dad.

I think i have got all the certification done, just checking that at the moment.

Meds are booked for 30/5/8

Police check done.

Can anyone see if im missing anything?

Great site, has helped me so much with preperation and also the advice i have read of others doing it themselves has given me the confidence.

S

Hi Scott and Kaz

Welcome!! Sounds like you have all the basic stuff under control. You need your evidence of your ongoing relationship stuff which can be tricky. Things I used were joint bank statements, tennacy agreement in joint names, a couple of old loan agreements and some utlity bills all in joint names. I did'nt send loads of stuff just a small selection going back over the years.

Hope this helps! Good luck with it and keep us posted how your getting on!!

Caz
Old May 15th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Well it has only happened during one particular time in my life, when my parents split, I lost my job AND my girlfriend, who is now my fiancee had to move back to OZ and we split. This all happened in a short space of time and I did have 2 spells in hospital and was on anti-depressants and receiving pshychiatric help.

This is something that has NO affect on me now whatsoever, and I moved on extremely well by moving to a new town and am now in a good job, so all is good. I just want to be with the one I love

Really struggling today, especially with this medical worry.

EDIT - Is it worth me emailing Australia House and asking them about this?

Sorry to hear your having a down day.... I know exactly what you mean, if you read a couple of pages back on here I was saying the same thing! This visa stuff is so stressful! If you think it will make you feel better emailing them you should do it, but I think your medical will be fine. It was a period in your life and you have dealt with it in the appropriate way, your now fully recovered. I really can't see this being a problem. Why don't you email a migration agent that lets you ask a question for free? I did this before deciding to use an agent or not and they were really helpful.

Hope this makes you feel a bit better, chin up!!

Caz x
Old May 15th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself and get to know some people who can give me advice on a De-Facto Spouse visa and who are going through the same thing.

The forms we have completed are:

47SP - me
40SP - OH
888 - OH's family in Oz plus her Dad, Sister, my Mum & Dad.

I think i have got all the certification done, just checking that at the moment.

Meds are booked for 30/5/8

Police check done.

Can anyone see if im missing anything?

Great site, has helped me so much with preperation and also the advice i have read of others doing it themselves has given me the confidence.

S
you also need form 80 - character assessment
have you both written statements to go with your forms?
Old May 15th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Scott and Kaz will become famous soon enough

thanks for the replies....

Had a mortgage for 3 years so have all of that and joint bank statements, council tax, photos and we both went Oz in 2003 so we have the stamps on our passports and photos etc etc etc.

Form 80 i was told would be requested if needed and not to fil it in, is it better to do it anyway?

Sleepless night going over and over this in my head and the fact that my OH is away just now puts more pressure on.

All help greatly appreciated.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Had a mortgage for 3 years so have all of that and joint bank statements, council tax, photos and we both went Oz in 2003 so we have the stamps on our passports and photos etc etc etc.

Form 80 i was told would be requested if needed and not to fil it in, is it better to do it anyway?

Sleepless night going over and over this in my head and the fact that my OH is away just now puts more pressure on.

hi, the checklist i have from Aus House lists form 80 as a required document.
you could send without it but it will just slow things down if they have to request it.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there,

We did not fill in a form 80 and were not requested to fill one in either. Guess you could send it but its not always required.

Caz
Old May 15th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cazw1405
Hi there,

We did not fill in a form 80 and were not requested to fill one in either. Guess you could send it but its not always required.

Caz
sometimes i think they just make it up as they go along!!!

just posted our application special delivery - not sure if I'm happy to see the back of all those forms :-)
or sad that this is the start of the countdown to leaving home :-(
Old May 15th 2008, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by donovandenese
sometimes i think they just make it up as they go along!!!

just posted our application special delivery - not sure if I'm happy to see the back of all those forms :-)
or sad that this is the start of the countdown to leaving home :-(
Defo be glad about seeing the back of them!! I was so glad to get shot of those forms they haunted me for months!!

Hope it all goes well for you!! Don't get sad yet! Think of all the positive things!

Good luck with it!!

Caz x
Old May 15th 2008, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Scott and Kaz will become famous soon enough

Would love to see the back of these forms and everything else i have gathered for proof etc...

It certainly is draining when you worry over the meds (mine are 30/5) and whether you have covered everything.

I am hopig to sedn everything awayend of next week so still got a few days of worry ahead.

thanks for all the help i'm sure i will have loads more questions that i will need to double check.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Would love to see the back of these forms and everything else i have gathered for proof etc...

It certainly is draining when you worry over the meds (mine are 30/5) and whether you have covered everything.

I am hopig to sedn everything awayend of next week so still got a few days of worry ahead.

thanks for all the help i'm sure i will have loads more questions that i will need to double check.
don't worry too much about the meds, really not as bad as you think they will be
Old May 16th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

You should fill in the form 80, just in case. They can be fussy about little things and it could save time in the long run.
Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for news
Old May 16th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lil
It becomes more serious when you are seen as a danger to someone else or an extreme danger to yourself and are hospitalised. To have talking treatment is a positive thing – a lot of people do that for good mental health.

I’m sure you’ll be ok
This is what happened to me, I was seen as a danger to myself, hence why I was hospitalised, although again this is not the case anymore and I made a full recovery, with no reacurrences and no need for medication or anything.

I'm probably worrying too much, but getting my application together is proving quite stressful at the moment, I cant wait for it all to be done!

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.