Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Nattyocean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Hello all,

I was directed here by Pollyana who has been a great help to me so far. Anyway my story....Well I am 29 years old and living in Cambridge, England and my partner is 30 living in Brisbane. She is an australian citizen and we first met back in 2002 when we were both living in London, we was together for 6 months before she went back for personal reasons and we soon split and lost contact. Last year we got back in touch and have been together now for 6 months. We plan to get married and im going there in 2 weeks to pop the big one!

I have been looking at getting a Pros Marriage Visa and just wanted to hear of people who already have one. What evidence did you supply? How long did it take including police and medical checks? I'll also point out my partner has her own house with mortgage and a "government" job working at a hospital. Although we have never supported each other financially but going by what Pollyana says this wont be a problem just yet.

Would love to hear others' stories, what my chances are, other peoples timelines etc...

Thanks.
Hi there,

Just had our PMV approved! It took about 2 months. We tried to frontload our application however the DR in my OH local area wouldn't pre-book without a reference number so that slowed it down a little. Also we had not been together a long time before deciding to build a future together so we only had about 6 months of relationship evidence to provide however we did as much as possible- varying from concert tickets to cards etc just about our entire private life was submitted to Immi.

Good luck, hope all goes as you wish it too

Cheers Natty
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MORCPOM1
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES!!!!!!

SILLYOLDBAG I see that you live in Cairns, we are hoping to head for Townsville will have to meet up when we get to Oz. BBQ @ Beers on the beach!!!!

Joolz Hope your missing bag turns up. Think I will steer clear of emirates. Congrats on validating can't wait now. Keep me updated on your house sale we have been up for 6 weeks had 4 viewing but no offers.:curse:

JBLOKEUK Just wanted to say congratulations and all the best with your visa

Rach25 Thanks for your message still on a high now looking for easter eggs with alcohol in!!!!!!

MMMM what a great idea chocolate and alcohol. Our livers have just recovered from the vodka jelly on St.Paddy's!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Another thing. I'm still paying off for a loan, got around 2500 pounds left, will this affect my application at all?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Thanks to everyone for their help.

Another thing. I'm still paying off for a loan, got around 2500 pounds left, will this affect my application at all?
They won't even ask about it, and you won't have to tell them.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They won't even ask about it, and you won't have to tell them.
Wouldn't I have to tell the company I'm paying the money to that I'm off to live in Australia?!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello I'm back

Well after nearly a year we are still in the UK. By design though. Our reccie in August was great and my OH has spent the year getting his exams done so we are qualified to the hilt to get the best pick of jobs. I just need to get my spouse visa and we need to sell up then we can head for Brisbane.

Oh, and I need to have my 2nd baby in August - forgot that small point!!!!

We are now planning to go when baby is about 6 months old - Feb/March next year. The thought of 2 moving children and the flights is too much!

Now I am in a quandry. How long does the spouse visa take to come through as I will not be able (or want) to have an xray before August? Will that leave us enough time to head out in the Feb/March 09?

My hubby is naturalising through me - UK citizenship test this week - we keep both failing the online tests even though he has been here since the age of 4 and I am a citizen already! However, once the test is passed it is easy to fill the form out. The Spouse visa for Aus on the other hand has given me a headache tonight!

Off to write a plan of action - worrying that we are behind before we've even started!

Hope all are well etc.
Itigo x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

Question for anyone who has completed a spouse migration:

When it came to providing evidence that your relationship was genuine and ongoing, you had to write a statement. It says that this can be on ordinary writing paper or on a stat dec form. Is it ok to do this in MS word and to print this statement out on normal a4? I can't seem to find a stat dec form, apart from the 888.

Also, did you get friends to write statements as well?

This part of the whole process has me a bit worried!

Thanks!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:07 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
Now I am in a quandry. How long does the spouse visa take to come through as I will not be able (or want) to have an xray before August? Will that leave us enough time to head out in the Feb/March 09?

Itigo x
Hi itigo

From the sounds of things you should have PLENTY of time to get everything sorted after the baby is born!! My message to you is DON'T PANIC!! This from the worlds premier panicker! If you prepare your paperwork well and have your medicals/police checks done before you send the application in then London Office are processing these really quickly! Their website says something like 8 - 12 weeks or something like that but in reality it is far far less for the majority of people. My PSV was approved in 2 weeks, some people have had them approved quicker - some slightly slower, but all seem to be within that ballpark figure.

Its good to be prepared though, so while you can't do anything too significant now til after the littlun is born you could start with drafts of the forms you need to complete and/or start organising your Form 888s from friends/family, and start sorting through all your paperwork to cherry pick the bits you want to send in. Oooh and personal statements, its good to get them done and out the way when you have the inclination to write rather than when you HAVE to! Good luck with it all

Hiya Scor With regards to the statement you can type them up in MS Word - I did! Just printed them then on to A4 paper and signed and dated them. You and your partner don't have to have your personal statements notarised. Hope this helps!! Good luck with it all! This is a good place to put any concerns about the PSV/Spouse/Defacto visas as there are plenty of people still either going through the process themselves or who have been through it!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:44 am
Just Joined

zevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nice

Hi all, I've been lurking around trying to find some answers, and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, very newbie-ish...eeek...my defence is that it's 2am and I can't sleep due to a sudden stress attack about my fiance's visa...

He's a Brit on the verge of applying for a prospective marriage visa. We've chosen not to go through an agent. I'm an Aussie here in the UK with him. We've set a date to tie the knot in April next year.

Our main question is: if he applies in May/June, are we allowed to request that his visa does not become valid before August this year? I've got a return plane ticket that needs to be used before August, so we want to go to Oz asap, but we also don't want to set ourselves up to fail because our wedding date isn't until next April. Will the High Commission take our wedding date into account or will they just send the visa back in June and expect us to change the date? Or will they simply refuse the visa because we're not intending to marry within 9 months of the application??

Also, will we need to undergo an interview?

Apologies if you've already answered these q's a thousand times already. Cheers in advance
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:22 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Zevros

Sorry can't help with regards to the timing of your application - perhaps a quick phone call to the London High Commission could put your mind at rest? I phoned them a couple of times to query things and found them very helpful.

Re the interview, I think if you submit a pretty comprehensive application then you are unlikely to be interviewed if submitting to the London Office, I've seen a few people having brief telephone "interviews" but can't recall anyone being called in for interview, not in recent months anyway!

Good luck with it all - sorry I can't reassure you about your main worry, but hopefully someone else will be able to!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:32 am
Just Joined

An_drea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scor

When it came to providing evidence that your relationship was genuine and ongoing, you had to write a statement. It says that this can be on ordinary writing paper or on a stat dec form. Is it ok to do this in MS word and to print this statement out on normal a4? I can't seem to find a stat dec form, apart from the 888.

Thanks!!
I'm assuming you're talking about the stage one PR application? We just created ours in Word and printed it out like you said, then signed the bottom.

We also got three friends from my home country and about five from Australia to complete form 888 (I don't think you need that many but extra evidence can't hurt in my opinion).
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

aussiewife is an unknown quantity at this point

well heres my situation.....Married to an Australian citizen he lives with me in the UK as he has dual citizenship(parents are Scottish). I am going to get my medicals police checks done then lodge my application. The only thing we dont have is shared bills etc we share a flat with his brother and brothers wife. Immigration has said it can take 12 weeks for our application but we wanted to be in Australia by June!! My husband also hasnt been working for a while and he is my sponsor will they make us get an assurance of support? This wont be a problem anyway. So does anyone know how long i will have to wait for my visa?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

sunnyjojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Another one here gold coast bound!!!

Well, its like this...im hoping to move to Queensland (Gold Coast) when i qualify as a nurse in March 2009. My OH is australian and is currently living with me in the UK on a working holiday visa which runs out in 18months. I want to leave pretty much straight after i qualify!
Does anyone know when i should start applying for my temporary spouse visa so we dont have to spend time apart (how sad)
Thanks for any help fellow spousies!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:06 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scor

Thanks!!
Hey Scor

Hubby got his last week - yay.

We both typed our statement and saved in MS word, printed a copy out in letter type format - worked fine. I photocopied about 4 photos in B&W and that was fine too. Then for the statement we got an Aussie from his work to complete and another workmate that was English. The CO didn't mention any problems.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

brilliant news! how long did it all take, from date of application?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.