Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:50 am
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by donovandenese
Hi

I have various Form 888's completed by family and friends who are Australian citizens, but I also need to get supporting witness statements from my parents and friends in the UK who are not Australian citizens - do these statements need to be certified/witnessed and accompanied by a copy of their passports - or is that only a requirement for statements on Form 888's?
Hi, yeh they need to be certifeid i think ? Im sure they do, cos thats why i avoided getting stat decs from peeps in UK and just got them from Aussie family, we only did 3 stat decs from OH'S Mum, Uncle and family friend. Cos in Aus you can get anyone to certify a stat dec, what i mean by anyone is :- Teacher, Chemist etc etc and in the UK only a solicitor or JP can get them certified. Are you sure you need to do UK stat decs ? arent your Aussie ones enough ? Mine where ? Good luck!! If in doubt have a quick read through the booklet 1 for spouse visa or call London Contact Centre. P.s and im 99% sure for UK stat decs you cant use form 888 (only recognised in oz ) you have to use a blank sheet of paper and get it signed and certified. But again it has been over 2 moths since I handed mine in, so ask someone else too, try PM Pollyana for defo answer.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

thanks! just tried pollyanna and she said theres no requirement to get UK stat decs certified but you can if you want - might do it anyway. I have lots of aussie Form 888's from OH's family and friends but we've spent most of the last 5 years in the UK together so I need statements from my family and friends here too - the booklet said it should be from both sides if possible.
will be happy when these are done as its the last thing before sending in the application!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by donovandenese
thanks! just tried pollyanna and she said theres no requirement to get UK stat decs certified but you can if you want - might do it anyway. I have lots of aussie Form 888's from OH's family and friends but we've spent most of the last 5 years in the UK together so I need statements from my family and friends here too - the booklet said it should be from both sides if possible.
will be happy when these are done as its the last thing before sending in the application!
Hey there, we're in the same situation as you, half our time was in Aus but the more recent half has been in the UK. We've had stat decs completed by our family and friends in Aus, and three from here in the UK to show the more recent half. UK friends have had their stat decs witnessed but not certified - reading back through this thread loads of people have done similar things and no one has ever had a problem.

Good luck!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jutang
Hi,
I know where barrier Reeef Drive is now!! Asked the OH last night and he told me, I thought I recognised the name , I use to cycle past it nearly everyday going to work. Cnat believ you only left Aus in June 07 and you lived the Goldie before that ?
I agree far too wet here!! There wil be lots of back and for with us too, cos of family and friends, but I think it wil be every 2-3 years possibly, obviously if we make lots of money , there wil be more!!
I have been thinking about retraining, is it hard to get into vet nursing ? I love animals and my mate who is a vet nurse loves her job!!
OH wants to start up his own business, but w eneed to get his licence first, so he wil work for someone for the first year, prob his old employer and then hopefully we can get his licence and set up our own business - so many plans!!
Its 75 days until we go now, cannie wait!!
Hope al goes well for you and keep me updated!!
Hey Jutang, yep I was on the Goldie this time last year! I am so white now you'd think I'd lived underground for the last ten years
Vet nursing is a fantastic job, a lot of hard work for crap pay and no respect, but i guess just doing what we do is a reward. It can be very difficult to get into, although Queensland is definitely the state to be in if you're interested. You'll have to be prepared to do a lot of dirty work for little or no pay for a while to get your foot in the door so you can grab a position when one comes up. I worked every Saturday for six months for no pay while I was working five days dental nursing, just so when a girl left I could have her job. There's so many young girls who have a lot of romantic notions of it that it's a bit of a fight for positions. However qualified nurses are like gold, so if you really want to do it it's worth sticking it out. Something to look into would be volunteer work at Currumbin Wildlife Hospital, you need to commit to a day or two every week but the experience is wonderful, and it will help you get your foot in the door. You can't study through the decent programs until you are employed so it's a bit of a catch 22.

Good luck!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:35 pm

jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shelld81
Hey there, we're in the same situation as you, half our time was in Aus but the more recent half has been in the UK. We've had stat decs completed by our family and friends in Aus, and three from here in the UK to show the more recent half. UK friends have had their stat decs witnessed but not certified - reading back through this thread loads of people have done similar things and no one has ever had a problem.

Good luck!
Thanks for talking about this , at least I know when I apply for my 2nd stage spouse after we get a married I wil get my mum to write a stat dec out on paper and just get her to sign it and friends from uk too as they wil all be in Oz when we get married, we spent 10 months in oz with his family and our friends and thne the last year and a half in the UK, iMMI didnt question that we only had stat decs from Oz only ? But I suppose if they can see itsa a genuine application and all your other evidence outweighs there I cant see a prob. But it wont harm throwing some uk ones in for my spouse stage 2. Also in Oz I wil get them witnessd by a chemist or someone like that. OH sis in law is a teacher so get her to witness it.
Good luck guys!! xx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by shelld81
Hey Jutang, yep I was on the Goldie this time last year! I am so white now you'd think I'd lived underground for the last ten years
Vet nursing is a fantastic job, a lot of hard work for crap pay and no respect, but i guess just doing what we do is a reward. It can be very difficult to get into, although Queensland is definitely the state to be in if you're interested. You'll have to be prepared to do a lot of dirty work for little or no pay for a while to get your foot in the door so you can grab a position when one comes up. I worked every Saturday for six months for no pay while I was working five days dental nursing, just so when a girl left I could have her job. There's so many young girls who have a lot of romantic notions of it that it's a bit of a fight for positions. However qualified nurses are like gold, so if you really want to do it it's worth sticking it out. Something to look into would be volunteer work at Currumbin Wildlife Hospital, you need to commit to a day or two every week but the experience is wonderful, and it will help you get your foot in the door. You can't study through the decent programs until you are employed so it's a bit of a catch 22.

Good luck!

yeh us 2 , we are white as!!! We prob walked past each other @ some point!! be funnyif I knew you or recognised you!! LOL
Yeh my mate did volunteer work @ Seaworld and is now doing her exams now she is working, but yeh she said its bad pay but she loves it!!
I wil have to think about my options, OH wants me to run his business when we eventually set one up!!But he does need to get his licence first He said you dont need a licence to work as a carpenter , but you need one to run your own business, so fingers crossed for our dream!! Although woud like my own interest too!! Thanks
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:10 am
Just Joined

An_drea is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Just got off the phone with a DIAC operator and she told me that they wouldn't be sending the request for evidence for stage two of my spouse visa (for PR) until two months before the date my temp residence visa was granted. My understanding is that up until now people have been receiving the second stage packet two months prior to the two-year anniversary of when they applied.

So I'm a bit confused and wondering if the operator knew what she was talking about. Is there a way to speak to someone who actually processes the visas? Has the policy changed? Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,
Andrea
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:52 am
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

Originally Posted by An_drea
Hi everyone

Just got off the phone with a DIAC operator and she told me that they wouldn't be sending the request for evidence for stage two of my spouse visa (for PR) until two months before the date my temp residence visa was granted. My understanding is that up until now people have been receiving the second stage packet two months prior to the two-year anniversary of when they applied.

So I'm a bit confused and wondering if the operator knew what she was talking about. Is there a way to speak to someone who actually processes the visas? Has the policy changed? Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,
Andrea
Whats the actual difference between the two dates for you? I know ours is something like 15 days. If the difference is 2 months I can't see a problem? Everything I can see on the DIAC site says it's 2 years after application date rather than the grant date

"If two years after you apply the spousal relationship is ongoing, a permanent visa may be granted."

Last edited by Timbo-Em; Apr 18th 2008 at 10:55 am.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Timbo-Em
Whats the actual difference between the two dates for you? I know ours is something like 15 days. If the difference is 2 months I can't see a problem? Everything I can see on the DIAC site says it's 2 years after application date rather than the grant date

"If two years after you apply the spousal relationship is ongoing, a permanent visa may be granted."
You are all confusing me!! I have just come to terms with being granted my PMV and then when we arrive in Oz and get married geting my spouse, I havent even thought about the PR yet??? But I assume the Aussie embassy wil keep peeps updated for all this , my mate had her PR autimatically granted as they have kids together and have been together 7 yrs, and she just did her citinzenship test. Who knows by 2 years rules may change again ?? Anyways not doubt I wil be back on this site askingf or help LOL
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

An_drea is an unknown quantity at this point

The difference between when I applied and when it was granted is about 6 months. I'm in a bit of a hurry because I'm currently paying international student fees and was kinda hoping to get my PR in a timely manner (also it exempts me from certain opportunities within my masters program to not be classified as a "local" student).

Anyway - I know I just have to wait. Its just frustrating to get different answers from different people (and mixed messages from the department).
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

New this thread having just found it and spent the last 40 minutes or so attempting to work my way through it. Wished I had found it a few weeks ago when we were putting together our application. Loads of Information!!!!!

We posted our application last Monday 14th April
Credit card was debited on the 17th April
Medicals Booked in Taunton for 28th April.
40 days for Police check expires about 8th May so should receive it back by then.

There was a recent conversation among those that have just submitted about how long it was taking to get an initial response from Australia House and then confirmation of visas but I sort of lost the "thread"..........

We havent heard anything back yet. Should we have. How long is is taking to get visa's at the moment.

Martyn
Melanie
Harry
+ bump
Hoping to get to Adelaide by 22nd July as that the date after which my wife cant fly due to pregnancy.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi Again,

A question if I may. Just wondering what the chances are regarding our visa application based on previous experience on here.

Our situation is as follows......

Met on Overland truck in Africa 2001
I returned to UK, my wife to Adelaide
Number of trip backs and for until July 2003 when Mel moved to UK
Joint bank account history from July 2003
Joint mortgage from March 2004
Son born in 2006
Another baby expected in Sept this year.
Put house on market April 3rd and agreed sale on the 10th which caught us out big time as we expected it to take months
Submitted Visa application on 14th April
Need to leave UK by 22nd July otherwise my wife cant fly

Bit worried about the baby that is due because my wife will obviously not be able to work and "support me" when we first get there as we want to go asap obviously......will this impact our application. We do have some equity in the house if that helps.....

Bit worried about medical as well..........

What do you thinks are chances are of i) getting a visa ii) getting it before Middle of July.

Cheers

Martyn
Melanie
Harry
+bump
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

hi welcome to the thread - I too hope to be going to Adelaide in the next couple of months with my aussie husband - and am about to submit the application (medical and police checks already done).
most spouse visas people have posted about recently seem to be taking approx 3 weeks if they are front loaded (with medicals & police checks). I wouldve thought that if you get the police check & medical submitted in early May you should have the visa through by the end of May - subject to any additional info they may ask you for.
as you have children you should get the permanent visa straight away, we don't have children yet but have lived together over 5 years so would also hope to get the permanent visa straight away.
re your wife not being able to support you on arrival - from what I've read on here, its rare for UK people lodging applications in London to be asked for an assurance of support. Most spouses of people moving to oz won't have jobs lined up for arrival - i think if you both have a proven work history in recent years and some equity from the house you should be fine. do you have family to stay with on arrival?
where abouts in Adelaide do you hope to settle?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi donovandense,

We plan to stay with my wife's parents in Murray Bridge until we get job's etc. Ideally we are looking to settle in Mount Barker. Do you have somewhere to stay wheny you get there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.