spiders!!!!

Old Jul 24th 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

yvonnemidwife will become famous soon enoughyvonnemidwife will become famous soon enough
Default spiders!!!!

ok so we're half way through the application, suitcases getting packed and now i have cold feet!!!! am worrying about everything and even have irrational fear that spiders are gonna be jumping out from every hole to kill me and the kids! We are looking to move to brisbane suburbs near coast , most prob redcliffe.... will i really have to check every bed and wardrobe for the killer ones, keep thinking girlies willbe playing in sandpit one minute and rushing to hospital the next! am i truely mad????
Old Jul 24th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: spiders!!!!

spiders!!!!-harry_the_huntsman_doodlydootoo.jpg

Sorry could not help myself. I think that if all the other people that move over to Aus can live them. You will be fine
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

stop worrying about the spiders, the snakes have eaten all the spiders
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:30 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

You rotten buggers....Yvonne am sure you'll be fine hun
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

yvonnemidwife will become famous soon enoughyvonnemidwife will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Racht70
You rotten buggers....Yvonne am sure you'll be fine hun
Thank you you have made me giggle anyway!!!! I think i am just thinking up reasons for it not to work as i am very very nervous about such a huge change in life when really it is a golden opportunity.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

yvonne, youre not alone in this, it seems to be normal, i know in cacking putting the house up for sale, cos it seems so real then.... and if i sell my home,which i love, and then we bottle out i'll be gutted that ive lost my house for nothing. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! Just gotta do it, like you say, its an opportunity some folk can only ever dream of, go for it and we'll see you there!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:35 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll be fine. you'll get used to them soon enough.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

Hi - i too am terrified of spiders - am looking into a hypnotherapy session. It stopped me smoking so i'm hoping it will cure my fear of spiders too.

And some zoo's (London and Bristol definately do) do a days course where you go along and find out about them - there is some element of hypnotherapy too - and then apparently you are so over the fear that by the end of the day you are patting big fluffy bird eating spiders the size of your hand (but that bits optional!!!)
Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

SpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to all

Spiders do NOT attack humans. They only reason you get bitten is if they are scared and try to defend themselves. They preffer to run away. If you have bites, they were most likely caused by mosquittos are fleas from pets. A spider or two is good to have in the house because it will catch flies and other creepy crawlies you do not want to run around.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:21 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
You'll be fine. you'll get used to them soon enough.

Wheres your avatar hun?

Sorry for hyjacking thread!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:01 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Sorry could not help myself. I think that if all the other people that move over to Aus can live them. You will be fine
Nice...

I liked the one of the huntsman sitting on the toilet roll...

Wish I could find it...!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:32 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

I like Huntsman. My morning excercise is running through the house while being chased by one of these things that looks like it just crawled out of slimy egg and is trying to attach itself to John Hurts face!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:21 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yvonnemidwife
ok so we're half way through the application, suitcases getting packed and now i have cold feet!!!! am worrying about everything and even have irrational fear that spiders are gonna be jumping out from every hole to kill me and the kids! We are looking to move to brisbane suburbs near coast , most prob redcliffe.... will i really have to check every bed and wardrobe for the killer ones, keep thinking girlies willbe playing in sandpit one minute and rushing to hospital the next! am i truely mad????
When I first got here, I remember seeing a large huntsman in the house and made my poor ex move it outside because I couldn't handle it being there. Always checking things, making sure there was nothing on anything before I picked it up...
I also hated cockroaches and am still not so keen on them.

But a few months in, and I let the big huntsman hang around... they're quite useful for eating the bugs you get flying through your house... mozzies etc.
I now whack roaches with something handy or just spray them.

Seen two redbacks in two years... the first one after about 18 months.

Don't worry... your fear is irrational. You hardly see them, you just get used to taking precautions...
You wear gloves when gardening, though the other day I was rummaging through a box of kindling I'd cleaned up from the garden without a thought to spiders...
I also picked up a big log the other day, put it on the fire, walked away and then was aware there was a huntsman sitting on the front of my jeans...
Scared the crap out of me, but I just flicked him off and he's in the corner of the room now, just sitting there. They're really quite interesting and pretty... very timid. Can't even get one to crawl over my hand... they always run away.
I really don't like funnel web spiders, but they're black and sodding ugly and you just get an eye for seeing them. Again one in 2 years.... I've seen one crawling across the driveway at night and they're males, going hunting. The females don't leave the burrow... Is this helping?

There's so much hype about spiders in the UK, but I saw far more spiders in the house over there than I ever have done here.

When I first came out here backpacking years ago, people in the UK kept saying 'How will you cope with all the spiders and insects?' like they were everywhere all the time.
I really think British folk think we live in some mad insect infested type country crawling with the things.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yvonnemidwife
Nearest any of my family in Aus have come to being killed or injured by a spider was when a huntsman crawled down the inside of the windscreen in my Aunts car, she nearly killed some blokes in her desire to escape the car
Funny thing is she never found it
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:26 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Nearest any of my family in Aus have come to being killed or injured by a spider was when a huntsman crawled down the inside of the windscreen in my Aunts car, she nearly killed some blokes in her desire to escape the car
Funny thing is she never found it
They hide real good...

I had one run over my back one night. I told my OH and he said I must have been dreaming.
The next night, same spider paid him a visit too, but ran over his face and it hid inside the pillow case.

Ooh, we probably shouldn't say things like that, should we?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.