Wikiposts

Spiders!!!

Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:58 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Spiders!!!

Spiders!!!

The latest line up from the garden in Pine Rivers.

One of the spiders is def a Tent Spiders, of the family Araneidae not sure yet about the orange backed one though.

One chasing after it's parent is a Coastal golden orb-weaver I think.

http://www.usq.edu.au/spider/find/spiders/110.htm
Attached Thumbnails Spiders!!!-wait-me.jpg   Spiders!!!-cling-.jpg   Spiders!!!-gotcha.jpg   Spiders!!!-hang-.jpg   Spiders!!!-water-drop.jpg  

Last edited by annqldau; Jan 17th 2007 at 6:26 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:49 pm

Default Re: Spiders!!!

Originally Posted by annqldau
Spiders!!!

The latest line up from the garden in Pine Rivers.

One of the spiders is def a Tent Spiders, of the family Araneidae not sure yet about the orange backed one though.

One chasing after it's parent is a Coastal golden orb-weaver I think.

http://www.usq.edu.au/spider/find/spiders/110.htm
See you are all off Spiders this week... .
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

ok, so this is only a huntsman...and I know they don't "hurt" you, but they do give me a heart attack!
This one landed with such a "thud" when I sprayed it and it took nearly half a can of spray before it was imobilized!!
I was really worried about these spiders when I first moved out here, but I have won my first fight thanks to Baygon!!
Attached Thumbnails Spiders!!!-p1000757.jpg   Spiders!!!-p1000758.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Robbo2
ok, so this is only a huntsman...and I know they don't "hurt" you, but they do give me a heart attack!
This one landed with such a "thud" when I sprayed it and it took nearly half a can of spray before it was imobilized!!
I was really worried about these spiders when I first moved out here, but I have won my first fight thanks to Baygon!!
You will feel a nip if a huntsman does bite you but that's the most damage they can do. My grandfather (a great lover of nature) use to pick them up in his hands to take them outside so I grew up not fearing them, didn't love them mind you!

One warning though, don't walk under them, I've had two of the blighters drop on top of my head, I swear they do it on purpose!

While the Baygon is useful you do need to get relatively close, the vacuum is handy, just remember to leave the thing running for awhile and stuff a tissue in the hose for awhile after you've turned it off, I've had one survive and crawl out.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

good news! you can get an immobiliser spray to get the spiders with????????????????????????????? tell me more! i want a regular order please
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daunted
good news! you can get an immobiliser spray to get the spiders with????????????????????????????? tell me more! i want a regular order please
It's just a regular insect/fly spray, but it's one of those items that is on your shopping list as regularly as potatoes (like every week!!). You have to have a good supply!
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:55 am

With the huntsman because they are so big the spray seems to have delayed reaction, you spray them they stomp away and then you find them next day curled up dead.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:57 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

i have tried to resist looking at this thread but damn i gotta peek and you know what its like you tried to believe it isn't so and then some one proves that it is!!!

and i thought the one i had in the bath this morn was big.......
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

LOL somewhere on here recently i saw a post abotu someone who had seen a MAAAAAAAAAAAASSSIVE spider on someones car at the traffic lights and included a pic of it. can anyone point me in the right direction again please, i need to show my son
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:00 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thewoodz
i have tried to resist looking at this thread but damn i gotta peek and you know what its like you tried to believe it isn't so and then some one proves that it is!!!

and i thought the one i had in the bath this morn was big.......
Over here if the huntsman is in the bath there is no room for anyone else to get in.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:04 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Over here if the huntsman is in the bath there is no room for anyone else to get in.
hey you're sounding like an american.......

maybe it could scrub your back
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:04 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I will be able to bring myself to kill a huntsman as they do us no harm
I like spiders - they eat nasty things. Having said that I won't want one staring at me from the bedroom ceiling. Can you get humane spider catchers where you can deposit them outside?

Last edited by Kapri; Feb 2nd 2007 at 9:05 am. Reason: typo
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Kapri
I don't think I will be able to bring myself to kill a huntsman as they do us no harm
I like spiders - they eat nasty things. Having said that I won't want one staring at me from the bedroom ceiling. Can you get humane spider catchers where you can deposit them outside?
Problem with huntsman bounce so you need a super fast bouncing spider catcher.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:10 am
on the Goldie

Originally Posted by annqldau
Problem with huntsman bounce so you need a super fast bouncing spider catcher.
ooooooh it gets better and better
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:13 am

LOL somewhere on here recently i saw a post abotu someone who had seen a MAAAAAAAAAAAASSSIVE spider on someones car at the traffic lights and included a pic of it. can anyone point me in the right direction again please, i need to show my son
Don't know about the car photo but sure your son knows the size of a housebrick...

this huntsman was busy trying to burgle our house...
Attached Thumbnails Spiders!!!-img_5439.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.