Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Speeding fine to the UK

Speeding fine to the UK

Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Speeding fine to the UK

Originally Posted by spartacus
Sounds like you've had one of THOSE visits!
Correct
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
Correct
Ah well, chin up chuck!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

His fine, he can pay it, end of. Go for it.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

[QUOTE=
In contrast a speeding ticket I picked up in UK was never heard of again once my dad filled in the stat-dec with my Australian address details[/QUOTE]

I used to work for the Central Ticket Office in the Uk and they are unable to enforce a ticket if the driver does not live in the Uk, it is beyond their jurisdiction. We often had people declaring they had relatives over from Ireland and we had to cancel the Notice. Also, the photos are only to identify the registration plate not the driver. Although, this was approx 6 years ago so things might have changed.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TMRE
Father in law has bee over for 2 weeks holiday and returned on 9th march. The nice chap (not) got a speeding fine for us through the door today 73km/h in a 60 zone. Had insured him and paid extra for it to cover him whilst he was here.He was driving the car out for the last time before he flew at 5pm to get some shopping. Being completely against speeding and having told him to slow down many a time when he was driving here I think he deserves to pay the penalty. Question is will they enforce it from here if we fill in the declaration? If not i'm not going to be a happy bunny. Just the last straw in a number of things he did that nearly ended up with me returning to the UK.
My father in law had no fewer than 3 speeding tickets while he was over here
This was in a car which he purchased but which was registered in my hubby's name (to keep things simple with QT!)

Each time my hubby completed the Stat Dec to say it was FIL driving. FIL paid the first fine as it came while he was still here.
The second and third ones arrived after he had flown home and to the best of my knowledge he hasn't paid them. But then he probably won't ever be able to come back here due to medical reasons.....