Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sorry to be gloomy but....am I a real cow??

Sorry to be gloomy but....am I a real cow??

Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry to be gloomy but....am I a real cow??

Originally Posted by soapy©
i thought i had heard it all over the years, but this one is a real dig
its easy to tell people to ignore the comments,but when its this heartfelt it would be really hard. my heart does go out to the OP
What gets me is the fact it was 12 years ago. It seems that people will try anything.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
What gets me is the fact it was 12 years ago. It seems that people will try anything.
reading the posts it sounds like the sister has tried everything and it hasnt worked. so she has gone for the shock factor. too low if you ask me.
who needs enemies when you have family lol
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:32 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should respond to your sister when she says horrible things, let her know that she has really hurt you in a calm conversational way just challenge her as to why she is saying things to deliberately hurt you

the explanation may be something totally different but at least she will know how cruel and unkind she is being, ask her if that is how she wants you to remember her
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:35 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
I think you should respond to your sister when she says horrible things, let her know that she has really hurt you in a calm conversational way just challenge her as to why she is saying things to deliberately hurt you

the explanation may be something totally different but at least she will know how cruel and unkind she is being, ask her if that is how she wants you to remember her
why - there is a pre-programmed answer that fits 90% of the cases. It goes along the lines of, like I know what's best for you, you are not thinking straight, you are breaking up the family, etc. etc. A concoction of various guilt pills under I-am-superior in every which way you can think of sauce. Do as I say thing. Meh.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

rahrah, just come across your post, I thought my MIL was being awful about the whole emigrating malarkey (DH still hasn't told her we have got our visa ), but what your sister has said to you is awful . Just wanted to send you some support
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:00 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by itsmylife
rahrah, just come across your post, I thought my MIL was being awful about the whole emigrating malarkey (DH still hasn't told her we have got our visa ), but what your sister has said to you is awful . Just wanted to send you some support
Thanks mate - I'm fine now - at the time just couldn't believe that she had said it!!! I am not going to respond to her - she doesn't deserve a response with comments like that but carry on with our journey regardless I know she is upset but she's not going to kick me down!!!!!
Cheers for your support!!!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

GoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really nice

Originally Posted by rahrah
Hello all,
I know the Barbie is usually a very 'upbeat' hang out - but didn't know which other forum to post in - and need some words of support to bolster my flagging spirit!!
Have been forging ahead with our plans but meeting resistance from my elder sister and emotional blackmail BIG style. Have been coping well with constant 'how could you do this to our family' stance but beginning to grind me down and getting p'eed off now!
She has finally resorted to reminding me that we will be 'leaving our baby son's grave behind' - Ouch! Our first son died 12 years ago, but feel that although he will never be forgotten, leaving his 'body' behind does feel disloyal ( it is hard actually) - but short of exhuming, what does she expect me to do??
Feels like a really low life dirty stunt to pull on me - I know she is upset, I feel like after this time passing, we are entitled to consider ourselves and our living kids primarily, but this constant kicking is beginning to impact.
I am trying to see her point of view and common sense tells me she is resorting to any ploy she can BUT the irrational side of me think, am I a heartless cow of a mother ?? Paranoia settling in deep, and I could do with an independant view! Opinions, please ( but be gentle!)
Google 'Crab Bucket'
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:15 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GoldCoastOrBust
Google 'Crab Bucket'
Oh, wow - how true!!!!!!!!! As they say - if the cap fits............!!!

I am having a phenomenally fab week, you'll agree - newly decorated house, and leaky ceining - emotional blackmail by the (crab) bucketfull!!

But hey, I am made of strong stuff - at least I still have a ceiling, and I am not about to cave into my sis and her 'mind' games - ONWARDS!!

Ta for your thoughts - good luck with the 2nd viewing
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

GoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really nice

Originally Posted by rahrah
Oh, wow - how true!!!!!!!!! As they say - if the cap fits............!!!

I am having a phenomenally fab week, you'll agree - newly decorated house, and leaky ceining - emotional blackmail by the (crab) bucketfull!!

But hey, I am made of strong stuff - at least I still have a ceiling, and I am not about to cave into my sis and her 'mind' games - ONWARDS!!

Ta for your thoughts - good luck with the 2nd viewing
I keep telling myself, this is the low spot... and one day, it WILL BE.

Keep smilin' RahRah and I'll post on how it goes.

PS: If you want an interesting story on the Crab Bucket metaphor, read Terry Pratchett's Unseen Academicals.

Last edited by GoldCoastOrBust; Feb 18th 2010 at 10:22 pm.