Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Someone's dog shi*ting on my lawn

Someone's dog shi*ting on my lawn

Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Someone's dog shi*ting on my lawn

Originally Posted by northernbird
Every morning this week I have had to clean up the most enormous pile of crap on my front lawn after some lowlife has let their dog crap on my garden and not clean it up.

Does anybody know of any tips, tricks or products to keep dogs off your lawn that are obviously non toxic to the animal.

SHOTGUN
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Cam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud of

If you want to be a bit less confrontational you could stick a note to the letterbox saying, "This is my front lawn - not a toilet for dogs. Please show some respect." You might find that leaving it there just for a day or two would do the trick. Depending on how low the lowlife is of course.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:29 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
We tried that to keep our cats off the best part of the garden in the UK - useless. The garden smelled of cat poo and that stuff as well.
For cats fill an empty lemonade or coke bottle with water and leave where cats offend this keeps them away, though I have no idea why? Don't know if it works for dogs. Some people are so rude! my daughter was born with a problem in one of her eyes and is blind , which was probably caused by toxoplasmosis (cat, dog poo) so for the sake of all around you tackle the problem head on.
Good Luck
A
xx
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:19 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy
SHOTGUN

Petrol + Match

Its the dogs bollocks literally
Old Aug 18th 2006, 12:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Or this.......
Attached Thumbnails Someone's dog shi*ting on my lawn-dogshit.jpg  
Old Aug 18th 2006, 12:30 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

It comes down to training
Attached Thumbnails Someone's dog shi*ting on my lawn-shite-400-x-288-.jpg  

Last edited by Bix; Aug 18th 2006 at 12:33 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get a handy little gizmo called a 'Dog Off' which makes a very high pitched noise when you press the button. It works up to 20 ft so if you're around and dogs want to come and see you or your garden, scare the crap out of them with this.
Works on most dogs but not deaf ones.

I also advocate a high powered water pistol, like a 'super soaker'. Keep it charged and primed by the front door and when the dog arrives, let that baby rip.

(I have a dog, and always pick up after her. Lots of people here don't, disgusting people.)
Old Aug 18th 2006, 3:01 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

The lawn sprinkler fixed a similiar problem for me. The timer control box is in the garage. When I saw the dog and owner approach I timed my attack to perfection, soaking the dog. It doesn't use my lawn as a bathroom anymore. If you don't have a timer you may have to run a hose to a tap inside the house, or just blatantly use the tap outside, whichever your comfortable with. If your car has a panic button on the keyfob and you can park close to where the dog usually cr*ps then a well timed blast of the car alarm will deter even the most desperate dog.

Maybe a sign "Dog toilet, only $50 a poop" on your lawn LOL

Every morning this week I have had to clean up the most enormous pile of crap on my front lawn after some lowlife has let their dog crap on my garden and not clean it up.

Does anybody know of any tips, tricks or products to keep dogs off your lawn that are obviously non toxic to the animal.

Last edited by Pony; Aug 18th 2006 at 3:04 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 3:03 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
scare the crap out of them with this.
Works on most dogs but not deaf ones.

But isn't the point for it 'not' to sh*t on the garden

Tracey
Old Aug 18th 2006, 3:07 pm

$90 but maybe worth it?

http://www.brookstone.com/shop/produ...d&IQ_PI=506967

works off a battery, attaches to a normal garden hose. Couldn't be simpler
Old Aug 18th 2006, 3:10 pm

$63 on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scarecrow-Motion...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Collect it all up into a bag. At the end of the week follow the dog owner home and leave the bag on the front doorstep with a not saying I beleive this is yours. If you want to go a step further ring the bell and hand it to them

Graz
Old Aug 19th 2006, 4:13 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
i lay in wait for people like this
Don't you have a life?
Old Aug 19th 2006, 5:50 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a gun.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Kimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cresta57
I found when we lived in the U.K that following the person to their home, then later, knocking on their door with a large bag of dog excrement and saying "Here you are. Your dog left this right outside our house, I thought I'd do you the courtesy of returning it" usually does the trick, especially if you drop it on their floor.

The lawn sprinkler fixed a similiar problem for me. The timer control box is in the garage. When I saw the dog and owner approach I timed my attack to perfection, soaking the dog. It doesn't use my lawn as a bathroom anymore. If you don't have a timer you may have to run a hose to a tap inside the house, or just blatantly use the tap outside, whichever your comfortable with. If your car has a panic button on the keyfob and you can park close to where the dog usually cr*ps then a well timed blast of the car alarm will deter even the most desperate dog.

It really is nothing but laziness for a dog owner to not clean up their dog's crap.

I've got this old boy living at the end of my road who causes me no end of frustration - he lets his dog out of his back door onto the pavement to crap and piss and just leaves it there arrrrggghhh I don't know how many times I've walked past there and got sh*te on my shoes/pram wheels on the way home which then gets wheeled into my house arrrrgggghhh!!!

Then the other problem I've been having is that 'some animal' comes in my front garden when I leave the gate open and shits in my flowerbeds! I have no idea if it's a fox/cat/small dog but fook does it stink :scared: Am going to try the water in coke bottles round the place idea as someone here has suggested

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.