Solar panels

Old Mar 4th 2011, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Solar panels

Thanks Broad Shoulders and Mulben.

It looks like my system is a bit over the average. My installers made a mistake and put 6 of my panels on the lower roof during the install. They came back on Wednesday and moved them all on to the upper roof and I'm now getting an extra 4KW.

Keel
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Do you know the figures for Melbourne, by any chance ?
Melbourne figures (Victorian ) check postcodes for closest to you.

Page 1 is International contributors

http://www.pvoutput.org/ladder.jsp?p=13&o=p&d=asc
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:24 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

3.6kWh x the size of your system (in kW, not W) and you have your daily average production for Melbourne. Obviously summer months should be producing 25% better than the average though

http://www.cleanenergycouncil.org.au...=consumerguide
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
Thanks Broad Shoulders and Mulben.

It looks like my system is a bit over the average. My installers made a mistake and put 6 of my panels on the lower roof during the install. They came back on Wednesday and moved them all on to the upper roof and I'm now getting an extra 4KW.

Keel
Once it cools down you will see some impressive figures as it is derating with the 33c+ we have been getting.

This is one of the highest on efficiency in Perth
http://www.pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=202&sid=217
Old Mar 4th 2011, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Hello ChrisandVee I just had an install done by GSI solar. It's a 3.8 Kw system and today I got 21.5 KW output for a second story install with minimal shading is this a good output?

Keel
Yeah seems reasonable to me, I have a 3kw north facing no shading and have been averaging 20kw per day over the year. So with a little shading your seems to be working just fine
Old Mar 4th 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I reckon I could get close to 16 Kwh of usage per day...down from my high 30's, by getting rid of the spa and having a fridge and a freezer that isn't leaky and isnt 20 years plus Spose I could turn my computers off at night, if I get Nas as well

Got my wall insulation coming in two weeks... getting Rockwool pumped into the walls, not many people in Aus do that... usually wall Batts. I actually had a bit of trouble finding a company that would do it. Isn't it funny how all the insulation companies that I contacted rubbished the pump in method...."because it causes serious issues" Not sure what that was all about. Had to get a Company from the Other side of Melbourne... Knoxfield, probably the first time in 30 years plus, I couldn't find goods or services on this side of Town. (Hmmm that last part is worth a thread)
We were fortunate as we built our own house, when the walls were up we spent 3 days putting insulation in every outside wall before the plaster board went on. It has been well worth it as our house definitily stays cooler in Summer and warmer in Winter. Everyone around us thought we were nuts! But in the Uk this is a normal thing to do. Messy job but well worth it.,
Old Mar 13th 2011, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the most green on this forum?

I've got my car running LPG, but they buggered up the wireing when the converted it so it's not that reliable any more.

Just replaced my 35 year old solar hot water system with a brand new one.

Last week I took the plunge and had a 3.8Kw solar electric system installed.

What can I say I'm as green as they come. So what's the next green givaway going to be? These 3 initiatives have cost the taxpayer about $11,000. With the money I've saved I might buy myself a nice big 50" flat screen TV to keep the house warm.

I might get water tanks next, there is a grant for them I think.

Keel
I found out that Bunnings were giving away, yes giving away, free water efficient shower heads. I fitted them last weekend, it's some water board scheme. To celebrate I did indeed get the 50" panasonic plasma. I can hardly get into my living room now to watch it as it's that big it's blocking the doorway!

Keel
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I found out that Bunnings were giving away, yes giving away, free water efficient shower heads. I fitted them last weekend, it's some water board scheme. To celebrate I did indeed get the 50" panasonic plasma. I can hardly get into my living room now to watch it as it's that big it's blocking the doorway!

Keel
Watch out for Panasonic, they diddled me out of "freebie" (blue ray player) because I filled in an online form incorrectly. (twas Easter 2010 and was flat chat with work making me skim over anything to do with form filling at home)

The fact they wouldn't issue me with that item, even though it was my mistake.... just on time lines, which incidently they continued to offer after my own personal cut off date, is enough for me to never buy one of their products again.... Sony or Samsung in the future. There is such a thing as customer satisfaction, that they paid no attention to, and it really peeved me that the same offer was available to others... I just missed the 30 day registration. I thought registering for warranty was enough for them to send me the player... that was apparently on a different form... No hyper link on the Warranty page, was my defense, which fell on deaf ears.

I'll admit it's a good TV though.

Luckily I dont really give two craps about Blu Ray... could have sold the damn thing new in the box though.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 13th 2011 at 11:47 pm.
Old May 5th 2011, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Jeff001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Solar powered equipments are well advanced and are helpful in saving your money in the long run. They are powered with latest technology and equipped with higher efficiency equipments to maximize the efficiency and save money.
Old May 6th 2011, 6:20 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeff001
Solar powered equipments are well advanced and are helpful in saving your money in the long run. They are powered with latest technology and equipped with higher efficiency equipments to maximize the efficiency and save money.
I agree

They are well good
Old May 10th 2011, 3:51 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Keel
You can get them free from most councils here
http://www.water.vic.gov.au/saving/h...change-program

And free lightbulbs..
http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/3180
Old May 10th 2011, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

bumble69 will become famous soon enoughbumble69 will become famous soon enough

Got my wall insulation coming in two weeks... getting Rockwool pumped into the walls, not many people in Aus do that... usually wall Batts. I actually had a bit of trouble finding a company that would do it. Isn't it funny how all the insulation companies that I contacted rubbished the pump in method...."because it causes serious issues" Not sure what that was all about. Had to get a Company from the Other side of Melbourne... Knoxfield, probably the first time in 30 years plus, I couldn't find goods or services on this side of Town. (Hmmm that last part is worth a thread)
Sorry to hijack - I think I am having insulation done by the same method and people (probably, awaiting the quote) - pumping into cavity walls by a company around there. Were you happy with the job and the result?

Can I wim you about it to get a 'review'?
Old May 10th 2011, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bumble69
Sorry to hijack - I think I am having insulation done by the same method and people (probably, awaiting the quote) - pumping into cavity walls by a company around there. Were you happy with the job and the result?

Can I wim you about it to get a 'review'?

In my dealings with Companies to do with my renovations, Enviroflex have been just about the best people I've dealt with so far.

They were quick, clean and honest. The honest part comes from the fact that two of my walls were already insulated, unbeknowns to me and them. So after they had drilled the first hole and discovered the insulation, they reduced the price Pro Rata. A less scrupulous company could have gone through the motions and still charged me. Apparently they reckoned by the looks of the very old batts I had in the wall, it was done in the late 60's or early 70's. Apparently it's very unusual to see a Victorian weatherboard with that type of insulation.

Unfortunately for me though, I've got to re plaster and resquare our Kitchen wall... one that they did at my request. Apparently it's not square, I didn't know or even think about the ramifications of this in relation to our new kitchen. Hopefully they can put a false wall over the existing one... otherwise it's bye bye wall and brand new rockwall insulation dammit. Bleeding thing looks straight to me.

Old May 10th 2011, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

bumble69 will become famous soon enoughbumble69 will become famous soon enough

In my dealings with Companies to do with my renovations, Enviroflex have been just about the best people I've dealt with so far.

They were quick, clean and honest. The honest part comes from the fact that two of my walls were already insulated, unbeknowns to me and them. So after they had drilled the first hole and discovered the insulation, they reduced the price Pro Rata. A less scrupulous company could have gone through the motions and still charged me. Apparently they reckoned by the looks of the very old batts I had in the wall, it was done in the late 60's or early 70's. Apparently it's very unusual to see a Victorian weatherboard with that type of insulation.

Unfortunately for me though, I've got to re plaster and resquare our Kitchen wall... one that they did at my request. Apparently it's not square, I didn't know or even think about the ramifications of this in relation to our new kitchen. Hopefully they can put a false wall over the existing one... otherwise it's bye bye wall and brand new rockwall insulation dammit. Bleeding thing looks straight to me.

Thanks for the opinion. I think we'll be going with them so it's a good level of comfort that they're not a complete load of wasters.

Good luck with your kitchen - hope you don't have to see your insulation again!!