Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

so pi**ed off with our estate agent.

so pi**ed off with our estate agent.

Old May 20th 2006, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: so pi**ed off with our estate agent.

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
called the estate agent today asking what's going on, why are we not getting anymore viewing, and why they are misinforming the viewers, by not letting them know that there is no onward chain.
this is what she told me its against the law to put down in their advertising that there is no onward chain.
so i said i want see this bill, cause it doesn't seems to effect other estate agent they Infact make a big deal out of it.
then she said the price is too high, I said in fact we ask you not to price it at the asking price but to lower it.
I said you said you are going to advertise our property in the local paper, this is what she said we advertise it in all free papers, so i said thats not what you said when you came to our house.
I said you better not pi** me off cause I can become your worse nightmare, I shall be calling your agency every 10 mins.
oh yes I did, she refuses to talk to me now, I wonder why?
I check the paper and the same estate agent in the next town is advertising with no onward chain.
Dose anybody knows where do we legally stands, cause she said its against law, but her sister company says its not.
any help will be appreciated, and now I have one big headache thanks to her.
Dump them quick! Write and explain your reasons. If they are no good they don't deserve the whacking commission.
I agree with you seek solicitors help. They are not keeping to the contract if they are being unhelpful/obstructive etc. Maybe look at another estate agewnt and let them know whats going on with your agent. You can't name them but the other agent may know how you can change agents without hassles.
Lou

Last edited by Louise M; May 20th 2006 at 3:26 am.
Old May 20th 2006, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
If I find anything I'll let you know. I can't stay with my Aunt as she is renting at the minute while her house is being built. She only has 2 bedrooms.

It's the school holidays over there the first few weeks of July, so the prices for then are a bit high.

We're looking at cabins in caravan parks at the minute, so if I find a decent cheapish one I'll send you the details. My Aunt is also looking, so even more chance of finding something that's not too dear. So far they've all been in the region of $300 - $400 per week, based on a family of 4. I am looking for around $200 - $300 though, cos I'm a tight arse
thanks Wendy, please do, would you know how the weather will be in June/July, I bet is going to be a bit cold?
Wendy my arse has to be tighter than yours as we haven't sold the damn house yet.
I'm going to get Nation Wide visa card to save money on commissions when taking money out of machine.
Old May 20th 2006, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Wendy, please do, would you know how the weather will be in June/July, I bet is going to be a bit cold?
Wendy my arse has to be tighter than yours as we haven't sold the damn house yet.
I'm going to get Nation Wide visa card to save money on commissions when taking money out of machine.

I spoke to my Aunt on Monday and she said it had been 23 degrees and a bit windy. It was still better than here, it was 15 degrees, throwing it down and really foggy.
Old May 20th 2006, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louise M
Dump them quick! Write and explain your reasons. If they are no good they don't deserve the whacking commission.
Lou
Hi Lou,
we sacked them today, with a lovely letter hand delivered to them, so we are hoping second time lucky.
Old May 20th 2006, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
I spoke to my Aunt on Monday and she said it had been 23 degrees and a bit windy. It was still better than here, it was 15 degrees, throwing it down and really foggy.
I can live with 23 degrees and the wind, and it hasnt been pissing down here at all, so miserble outside.
Old May 20th 2006, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lou,
we sacked them today, with a lovely letter hand delivered to them, so we are hoping second time lucky.
Well done. Maybe they will be more helpful to other clients if they review their customer care........yeh right!
Old May 20th 2006, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Louise M
Well done. Maybe they will be more helpful to other clients if they review their customer care........yeh right!
if only they knew what customer service was, never mind they are out of our lives, yepeeeeeee