Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

so pi**ed off with our estate agent.

Wikiposts

so pi**ed off with our estate agent.

Old May 8th 2006, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default so pi**ed off with our estate agent.

called the estate agent today asking what's going on, why are we not getting anymore viewing, and why they are misinforming the viewers, by not letting them know that there is no onward chain.
this is what she told me its against the law to put down in their advertising that there is no onward chain.
so i said i want see this bill, cause it doesn't seems to effect other estate agent they Infact make a big deal out of it.
then she said the price is too high, I said in fact we ask you not to price it at the asking price but to lower it.
I said you said you are going to advertise our property in the local paper, this is what she said we advertise it in all free papers, so i said thats not what you said when you came to our house.
I said you better not pi** me off cause I can become your worse nightmare, I shall be calling your agency every 10 mins.
oh yes I did, she refuses to talk to me now, I wonder why?
I check the paper and the same estate agent in the next town is advertising with no onward chain.
Dose anybody knows where do we legally stands, cause she said its against law, but her sister company says its not.
any help will be appreciated, and now I have one big headache thanks to her.
Old May 8th 2006, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: so pi**ed off with our estate agent.

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
called the estate agent today asking what's going on, why are we not getting anymore viewing, and why they are misinforming the viewers, by not letting them know that there is no onward chain.
this is what she told me its against the law to put down in their advertising that there is no onward chain.
so i said i want see this bill, cause it doesn't seems to effect other estate agent they Infact make a big deal out of it.
then she said the price is too high, I said in fact we ask you not to price it at the asking price but to lower it.
I said you said you are going to advertise our property in the local paper, this is what she said we advertise it in all free papers, so i said thats not what you said when you came to our house.
I said you better not pi** me off cause I can become your worse nightmare, I shall be calling your agency every 10 mins.
I check the paper and the same estate agent in the next town is advertising with no onward chain.
Dose anybody knows where do we legally stands, cause she said its against law, but her sister company says its not.
Well if it's illegal to it's not in a chain then our agents are breaking the law, our ad clearly states no chain.

I would change agents. What does it say on your contract with regards to advertising etc, if they are not doing what it says in there then you can get out of the contract free of charge

Who are they, I strongly believe in Name and Shame.
Old May 8th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Well if it's illegal to it's not in a chain then our agents are breaking the law, our ad clearly states no chain.

I would change agents. What does it say on your contract with regards to advertising etc, if they are not doing what it says in there then you can get out of the contract free of charge

Who are they, I strongly believe in Name and Shame.
Bairstow Eves,

or as other knows them as B**t**d and Theives, now I know why they are being called that.
Old May 8th 2006, 4:38 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

actual wording of our advert by our estate agents
like wends i wont comment on the legalities as i dont know
the ins and outs of property law
but my gut feeling is your being lied to
but then again their all lying bastards its in the job discription

This extended Four Bedroom Semi Detached property is situated in a popular residential location and is warmed by a Gas Central Heating system. The property benefits from UPVC Double Glazed windows, a Burglar Alarm and has no ongoing chain.

regards steve
Old May 8th 2006, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Change agents and make sure who you choose knows your not to be messed with.
Good luck selling a house is bad enough without useless estate agents.
Mandy
Old May 8th 2006, 6:16 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, no pearls of wisdom as it's all so different here in Scotland, but I hope you get it sorted out soon. Sounds like you need to change agents - bet you she returns your call when you phone to tell her that one
Old May 8th 2006, 6:45 am
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

we are in exactly the same situation, cant terminate the contract they said because there were no grounds to do so. ours is advertised as no chain though.
Old May 8th 2006, 7:10 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

our estate agent advertised ours with "No Upper Chain"

Claire
x
Old May 8th 2006, 7:14 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: so pi**ed off with our estate agent.

"No upper chain" is as standard a benefit in Estate Agent lingo as "Gas central heating" or "close to schools".

I suggest you instruct another agent. Then if Ba5tard Thieves ask for their money tell them to sue you.

Can I suggest you look at the moneysavingexpert site about Estate Agents.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...06688587,89908,

Cheers

Buzzy
Old May 8th 2006, 7:52 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was advertised in sodding great 14 point black text 'Chain Free' in the list of bullet points in the newspaper advert and the flyer. Terminate the contract with your existing agents in writing, now, usually tied to them for 4 weeks after that - then you can get a better agency on the case.
Old May 8th 2006, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

mine has it in capital letters under the main photo of house

NO ONWARD CHAIN

Think your EA is talking through their bottom. Are you tied in with them, by this I mean we sacked our first EA and had to ask them as a gesture of goodwill for messing us about to waiver the fourteen day tie in to leave their agency so we could put it straight on with someone else.

Think of all the reasons you want to leave ie: misinformation , ignoring and not returning your calls causing you and your family anxiety and stress blah blah and send it to the cows boss, cos if you ring up and request the name and contact details of her superior they have to tell you.

Thats what i did and it worked, good luck to you.

Ali
Old May 9th 2006, 8:03 am
Oxygen Pig

TRIMIX will become famous soon enoughTRIMIX will become famous soon enough

Misrepresentation allows the contract to be null and void as soon as it is discovered tell them to get lost in amicable words and say you are sending them a bill for telephone calls, loss of work time, and any other loss you can think of.

Neil
Old May 9th 2006, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

leighdamien is an unknown quantity at this point

Check your contract wording then write them a polite letter clearly setting out how you believe they have breached (and therefore voided) that contract (misrepresentation, failing to advertise correctly, not returning calls etc etc). Tell them in that letter that you wish them to come and remove their sign as you no longer have a contract with them and want nothing further to do with them. I wouldn't call them or do anything further verballly but if you do speak to anyone make a written note of time and date and what was said. I'd also hand deliver the letter to them.

With sharks like these sometimes it pays to go on the offensive so they know you can't be messed with.

Good luck.
Old May 9th 2006, 5:38 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

ok, me being Dutch and
trying to learn,
and maybe a bit off topic,
but what's the meaning of 'no onward chain'?

I hope everything works out for you and the estate agent will do
what they promised!!!

Thanks guys,

Miranda
Old May 9th 2006, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
ok, me being Dutch and
trying to learn,
and maybe a bit off topic,
but what's the meaning of 'no onward chain'?

I hope everything works out for you and the estate agent will do
what they promised!!!

Thanks guys,

Miranda
It means that because they are not buying a house here the chain of buyers stops with them.

Jo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.