Ski-ing

Old Sep 1st 2009, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Ski-ing

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where you can go ski-ing in Aus as in Snow Ski-ing.

We would love to do this and make a holiday of it but unsure of where we would go. I presume winter is the time to do it???

THanks in advance

Nadine
Old Sep 1st 2009, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ski-ing

You can go skiing in the Snowy mountains in NSW and in the Victorian Alps in Victoria. There's also some (rather more) undeveloped skiing in Tasmania, I believe. Plus NZ, of course.

You do have to go in the winter or very early spring.

Links to all the Australian resorts can be found here: http://www.skiingaustralia.org.au/resorts.asp
Old Sep 1st 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NickyC
You can go skiing in the Snowy mountains in NSW and in the Victorian Alps in Victoria. There's also some (rather more) undeveloped skiing in Tasmania, I believe. Plus NZ, of course.

You do have to go in the winter or very early spring.

Links to all the Australian resorts can be found here: http://www.skiingaustralia.org.au/resorts.asp
Thanks loads for the link......
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:41 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

We've just been discussing ski ing with a travel agent who has shown us it's actually cheaper to fly to NZ and ski there, than to stay here and ski in the Victorian Alps !!!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:05 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion skiing in Aus is very average and overpriced. You are much better off going to NZ.

Having said that the runs in NZ are short and sharp (very different if you are used to skiing in Europe/N America) although the off piste skiing is very good.

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where you can go ski-ing in Aus as in Snow Ski-ing.

We would love to do this and make a holiday of it but unsure of where we would go. I presume winter is the time to do it???

THanks in advance

Nadine
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:06 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
We've just been discussing ski ing with a travel agent who has shown us it's actually cheaper to fly to NZ and ski there, than to stay here and ski in the Victorian Alps !!!!!
I would definately go to NZ if I were you!!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:11 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Yep, totally agree. We went to Hotham again this season and have said that's our last time, it's just too expensive. It's NZ next time for us.