Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the six weeks,drop a stone and half plan?

Wikiposts

the six weeks,drop a stone and half plan?

Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:38 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the six weeks,drop a stone and half plan?

Originally Posted by aston man
well any ideas,cus thats what ive got to do?

any suggestions,i would be really greatfull?

ast
Run 5 Kilometers a day. Avoid fatty food and cut down on alcohol and chocolate.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
Renth, he wants to lose weight, not die!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:54 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Renth, he wants to lose weight, not die!
jeez thanks folks,i am going for the matt and renth program...

sex 3 times a day,followed by a 5k run..that should shake a bit off.any volunteers to help with the sex bit,she only lets me have it 3 times a year,no wonder i'm a fat baskit..

ast
Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

As long as you then don't eat to compensate, you should be fine.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

jeez thanks folks,i am going for the matt and renth program...

sex 3 times a day,followed by a 5k run..that should shake a bit off.any volunteers to help with the sex bit,she only lets me have it 3 times a year,no wonder i'm a fat baskit..

ast
Lol right i won't start dieting til you have been doing it for about 3 weeks then, you tell me if the sex works as excerise cause hubby's really keen on helping me lose weight that way, at least one hour session a day - well he would be wouldn't he reckons he'll gladly help me shift the pounds.
It's cold and have just got over one lot of germs now have a stinkin head cold and the kids are on half term
Actually thinking about it I may lose weight this week i'll be running out the house to get some sanity every five minutes lol

Jen
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

It's qute simple really, eh, Renth.

In trg for the MFB, I've been dragging a 70kg dummy around my back yard and then down to the bottom. I then hoist it on my shoulders and run it up and down the hill a few times.

The last 3 months, I've been going everywhere in the city with 11kg (high rise pack) in my bag. I get to work, pick up another bag I have in reception with another 5kg (similating Breathing Apparatus) then run up 8 flights to my floor leaving the men and women I pass agog. The test stipulates 4 stories but I'm overtraining...(!)

They think its all part of my CFA training.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

well any ideas,cus thats what ive got to do?

any suggestions,i would be really greatfull?

ast
Don't be so bloody greedy if you are that much overweight without good cause
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:57 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It's qute simple really, eh, Renth.
As long as you burn more then you consume you'll lose weight. I lost a stone and a half training for the City to Surf and have kept most of it off with running.

If you do plenty of exercise you don't need to deprive yourself of things you like, like the odd drink or a chocolate bar on Friday night.

That's where I think a lot of people go wrong, concentrate on depriving themselves of food and don't do the cardio.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:00 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Don't be so bloody greedy if you are that much overweight without good cause
i have got good cause,

i have thighs like tree trunks.
i am quite a broad chap

and
i have just come back from sampling perths finest food.

crownies,chillie muscles,sisserelos,jeezus everywhere you go in oz someone offers you a beer,even at the pictures...

ast

Last edited by aston man; Feb 10th 2007 at 10:04 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

i have got good cause,

i have thighs like tree trunks.
i am quite a broad chap

and
i have just come back from sampling perths finest food.

crownies,chillie muscles,sisserelos,jeezus everywhere you go in oz someone offers you a beer,even at the pictures...

ast
That does sound like a good cause ....

I know...I'm in Aus
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

If you do plenty of exercise you don't need to deprive yourself of things you like, like the odd drink or a chocolate bar on Friday night.

That's where I think a lot of people go wrong, concentrate on depriving themselves of food and don't do the cardio.
Yup. The funny thing is my wife and I have a running joke where we pig out on Maccas once a week - we feel sort of guilty - yet we can do this as we exercise other times.

Look at soldiers in training for a selection course, they eat platefuls. Loads of sweet old fashioned schoolboy puddings. Makes no odds to them.

I can't understand for the life of me why people are so obsessed with diets. Maybe its laziness? I often talk about goinng 'on a diet'- what I'm actually doing is focusing more on exercise and watching that I don't eat or binge when there is no exercise expected. I never want to lose weight - if anything, I want to gain it - muscle bulk.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

I can't understand for the life of me why people are so obsessed with diets. Maybe its laziness?
Most people don't understand why it is we put on weight, the mechanisms behind it, etc, nor do they understand how to get rid of it, until they find a book which explains it all and they can follow it.
If you've never had a weight problem, it's hard to understand why people are so interested, but once you have got one, it's pretty easy to comprehend.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iPom
Most people don't understand why it is we put on weight, the mechanisms behind it, etc, nor do they understand how to get rid of it, until they find a book which explains it all and they can follow it.
If you've never had a weight problem, it's hard to understand why people are so interested, but once you have got one, it's pretty easy to comprehend.
My problem is that I want to gain weight...I eat well, but am stuck at the weight I am.

I know exercise makes heavy muscle...but I don't want to be all muscle.

Think it is my metabolism which needs slowing down....if there is a way to do that.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:06 pm
Banned

i think you would all agree,that there is something about oz that want you to get yourself fit.
it just makes you feel you need to be fit..

even my mrs has come back wanting to be fitter,doing gyms etc...

i dont think i would want to live in oz with loads of timber on me.....

ast
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

i think you would all agree,that there is something about oz that want you to get yourself fit.
it just makes you feel you need to be fit..

even my mrs has come back wanting to be fitter,doing gyms etc...

i dont think i would want to live in oz with loads of timber on me.....

ast
Tell them your big boned mate, it works a treat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.