Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Showers at Sigapore Airport

Showers at Sigapore Airport

Old Jun 11th 2010, 8:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Showers at Sigapore Airport

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Last time we travlled through Singapore they took all the major currencies, i.e. AUD will be fine.
Thanks.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 8:28 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
OP - you don't need to justify your reasons. It's a long trip and we all feel better after a shower. There are Aunties in the Lounge, ladies who clean the showers between use and direct you to them, encourage you to take a drink (because it's free, lah ) and I'm sure will help you with kids and luggage. They don't even expect tipping because it's not the culture there, but up to you of course.

JR230898 - get over yourself. We all know what you do - jesus, you tell us often enough - but until today I thought you might do it for your soul, not for hero-worship. Which is just as well, 'cos you just lost any respect I had for you.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 4:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That's good to know. I've only got 3 hours between connecting flights so thought I would like to shower and change before the second leg of my journey. Do you know if they'll take AUD or will I need to exchange some cash?
Just make sure you have small denomination $Au notes as any change you get will be in Singapore $
Old Jun 12th 2010, 12:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just make sure you have small denomination $Au notes as any change you get will be in Singapore $
Polly, all I have is small amounts of $AUD.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 2:37 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I think there was a guy paying with AUD when I was there a few weeks ago, D. The worst that can happen is you get your change in SGD.

I'll be there again in a few weeks too. Won't even get settled into our new gaff before we have to leave the kits in the care of a stranger.

Life is rather crazy at the moment Then again, when is it not?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

That's good to know. I've only got 3 hours between connecting flights so thought I would like to shower and change before the second leg of my journey. Do you know if they'll take AUD or will I need to exchange some cash?
Most of the lounges should take cards.

If you have 3 hours to spare, I'd go for a swim at the pool first to loosen up after sitting in a plane for hours with more hours of sitting in a plane to go. The showers at the pool are a bit crap, so go to a lounge afterwards for a shower/bite to eat.

The pool is at the transit hotel in Terminal 1 (The Qantas/BA terminal). It's an easy walk from the other terminals or short ride on the airside train.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JR230898
Hi Lisa,

I am coming back to Australia via Dubai & Singapore this weekend, having spent the past 9mths in Mogadishu, Somalia and prior to that, a year in the South of Sudan.

Just wondering why you are questioning if there are showers available in Singapore and as to whether there are hairdrying facilities?

What sort of things are REALLY IMPORTANT in your life, and what things do you find to be REALLY PATHETIC?
Pathetic - Abusing somebody unnecessarily on an internet forum
Important - finding out whether or not there are showers and hairdryers at Singapore airport

Opinions are like ar*eholes - everybody has them. Unfortunately, people often keep the wrong one covered up.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:33 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
Most of the lounges should take cards.

If you have 3 hours to spare, I'd go for a swim at the pool first to loosen up after sitting in a plane for hours with more hours of sitting in a plane to go. The showers at the pool are a bit crap, so go to a lounge afterwards for a shower/bite to eat.

The pool is at the transit hotel in Terminal 1 (The Qantas/BA terminal). It's an easy walk from the other terminals or short ride on the airside train.

Cheers

Steve
Good idea. I just remember how great a shower felt in Melbourne last time I flew long haul. In SIN I would love to just shower and change into my jammies for the 13 hours to LHR.

If anyone's on SQ322 on 30 June and sees a middle aged woman in her pink flannel jammies, that will be me.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:40 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea. I just remember how great a shower felt in Melbourne last time I flew long haul. In SIN I would love to just shower and change into my jammies for the 13 hours to LHR.

If anyone's on SQ322 on 30 June and sees a middle aged woman in her pink flannel jammies, that will be me.
I used the gym in that lounge once in Singapore on a flight back from India . I was in midst of marathon training and hooked on the running, so much so that I realised I"d forgotten my shorts and ... gulp ... borrowed theirs! They had these "Gold Coast" kind of surf shorts amongst a drawer full of what was obviously forgotten gear from other users.

Im running, in a treadmill, in the lounge, and I swear I must've been the only person to ever use the gym, using some other guys boardies, being watched by all and sundry.

After that I got some perspective. Oh, and and itchy rash.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:55 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen people using that gym and I always think, chill out FFS - go buy some Tiger Balm and a Singapore Girl sarong, like the rest of us.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:12 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by Seasider
I've seen people using that gym and I always think, chill out FFS - go buy some Tiger Balm and a Singapore Girl sarong, like the rest of us.
Must admit that the idea of using the gym does interest me. After sitting for all that time a little exercise is good.

Ok, arrive in SIN, do some duty free shopping, hit the gym, have a shower and change into PJs. That should kill 3 hours until my next leg.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:14 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit that the idea of using the gym does interest me. After sitting for all that time a little exercise is good.

Ok, arrive in SIN, do some duty free shopping, hit the gym, have a shower and change into PJs. That should kill 3 hours until my next leg.
u wont have time... you'll easily blow 3hrs walking round the shops + showering
Old Jun 13th 2010, 10:34 am
Auntie Fa

Agree - if it's 3 hours between flights, that soon goes. At peak times you might have to wait ten minutes or so for a shower, too.

The shops in T3 are for the seriously rich