English goalkeepers

Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default English goalkeepers

After years of snide comments about Scottish keepers being piss poor, I would like to take a moment and gloat a liittle about the unfortunate mistake by the English keeper against the U.S.

Now you will all come to the defence of this poor individual and so you should.............but what if that absolute howler puts you out. Do you think the rabid press will forgive him????? We await with interest

Now I am away to put on a jumper so I can laugh up my sleeve.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:43 pm
Banned

LongshoreDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English goalkeepers

Originally Posted by framac67
After years of snide comments about Scottish keepers being piss poor, I would like to take a moment and gloat a liittle about the unfortunate mistake by the English keeper against the U.S.

Now you will all come to the defence of this poor individual and so you should.............but what if that absolute howler puts you out. Do you think the rabid press will forgive him????? We await with interest

Now I am away to put on a jumper so I can laugh up my sleeve.
Better to make a mistake in the group stages than at the knock out round.

P.s. which group are Scotland in? I can't seem to find them.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Soccer Ref will become famous soon enough

Fortunately, while the World Cup is on, Scotland, Wales & N Ireland have their own programmes.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

C'mon boys, fair's fair! Scottish keepers have been the butt of your jokes for years, just take it on the chin!
England got a point and that will be enough to get them through to where it matters. Might need a change of keeper, not sure what that will do to his confidence.......
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:19 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
After years of snide comments about Scottish keepers being piss poor
I can't remember a scottish keeper good enough to be labeled piss poor in a long, long time; did you have anyone in mind?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ex_exile
I can't remember a scottish keeper good enough to be labeled piss poor in a long, long time; did you have anyone in mind?
You boys have a history of exceptional keepers, now you know how painful a shite one is........
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:55 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
C'mon boys, fair's fair! Scottish keepers have been the butt of your jokes for years, just take it on the chin!
England got a point and that will be enough to get them through to where it matters. Might need a change of keeper, not sure what that will do to his confidence.......
We haven't had a decent reliable keeper in World Cups since Shilton in 82. Ever since we've had complete donkeys, just like Scotland. That includes Shilton in 86 and 90 (think, how did a midget with a bent arm in the air manage to out jump a 6ft goalkeeper with an outstrecthed arm, think how did Shilton manage to get lobbed when practically on his line again the Germans in 90?). You can add similar embarrassments from our keepers since, Seaman against Brazil and the least said about Robinson under crosses in 06 the better. Nothing new either really
Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:20 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
We haven't had a decent reliable keeper in World Cups since Shilton in 82. Ever since we've had complete donkeys, just like Scotland. That includes Shilton in 86 and 90 (think, how did a midget with a bent arm in the air manage to out jump a 6ft goalkeeper with an outstrecthed arm, think how did Shilton manage to get lobbed when practically on his line again the Germans in 90?). You can add similar embarrassments from our keepers since, Seaman against Brazil and the least said about Robinson under crosses in 06 the better. Nothing new either really
All true

I've been watching Green since he was anointed as the one to displace James and frankly I have not been impressed, he certainly didn't keep West Ham up, hes not as good as Schwarzer for example. But if David James is the answer then its an f'ing stupid question.

Best UK keeper I ever saw play was Neville Southall.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:31 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile

Best UK keeper I ever saw play was Neville Southall.
Yeah, but he looked like Roland Rat's friend Kevin, the gerbil
Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:37 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Yeah, but he looked like Roland Rat's friend Kevin, the gerbil
you decide
Attached Thumbnails English goalkeepers-kevin-southall.jpg  
Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the bit I've highlighted otherwise an excellent post. This myth about duff Scottish goalies may have been true in the 70s and early 80s but isn't nowadays. The current custodian, Craig Gordon, is an excellent keeper who would easily walk into the England squad if he'd been born a few hundred miles further South!
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tartankoala
Apart from the bit I've highlighted otherwise an excellent post. This myth about duff Scottish goalies may have been true in the 70s and early 80s but isn't nowadays. The current custodian, Craig Gordon, is an excellent keeper who would easily walk into the England squad if he'd been born a few hundred miles further South!
But presumably he would still have been of Scottish ancestry....the chip would have been big with this one... ()
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:20 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:46 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Considering he used to knock his wife about he showed a surprisingly lack of aggression against a coke-fuelled midget.

Bring back David James!
Old Jun 13th 2010, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

lee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant future

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...en_433997a.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.