Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

View Poll Results: Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?
Yes
38.16%
No
9.21%
There should be tethering points just outside the door
11.84%
Only if gagged and kept on a lead
18.42%
They should be checked in as hold luggage
22.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

Old May 6th 2011, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Sorry for any offence Louise.

But please try to understand two points:

1. Just because you think it is acceptable doesn’t mean everyone else should accept it. In a 2009 survey one third of Australians found breast feeding in public unacceptable.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1225767893350

I am not sure I would do something in public that a third of the people around me would find offensive. Obviously some people have a different attitude.

2. The current “trend” for breast feeding in public is just that. A trend. My mother breast fed me. My grandmother breast fed her. Queen Victoria breast fed nine children. All managed to do it outside of the public gaze.

Public breast feeding is another change that would not have been acceptable even 30 years ago, along with women having tattoos, nipple piercing, friends with benefits, and a host of other things. Some people are less than enthusiastic about these changes, and see them as a “trendy” retrograde step in society.

But please don’t be offended at my comments.
1/3 of the Australian public are twats then. I'm glad I seem to associate with the other 2/3's.

I'm not getting a debate with you about the pro's and con's of breastfeeding in public or otherwise because I think it's pointless.

Oh and I'm not offended at your comments. It takes more than narrow mindedness to upset me.
Old May 6th 2011, 2:42 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
1/3 of the Australian public are twats then. .
Your lack of consideration for 1/3 of the population is noted.
Old May 6th 2011, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Your lack of consideration for 1/3 of the population is noted.
1/3 of the populations lack of consideration towards hungry babies is noted.
Old May 6th 2011, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Constructive criticism is always welcome Sally.

Exactly what part of my post do you think was rubbish?

Perhaps the survey? How dare 30% of the public disagree with you!!!

Or my comment that breast feeding in public was not prevalent 30 years ago?

Or maybe tattoos on women and pierced nipples?
'Breastfeeding in public' has gone on for many thousands of years, there is no conspiracy of secret perverts who have a baby simply to get the chance to flash a tit. Grow up.
Old May 6th 2011, 2:47 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
My children haven't wrecked our bodies. My wife is slim and down to her fighting fit weight- without a single stretch to be seen. She moisturises every day including her abdomen. Actually, after 3 babies she has a 'nick' in her navel that you can barely see...

She looks better than some women 20 years younger. She wore a little bikini on holiday a few years ago and many of her friends and family gasped. They said 'you look like an athlete that's had a baby' which was itself inaccurate - she is slim and curvy and soft and very feminine!

She is a very yummy mummy and I am one lucky See You Next Tuesday! Cheers.
Yeah but she's married to you
Old May 6th 2011, 2:48 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe tattoos on women and pierced nipples?
So is the issue with tattoos, or just tattoos on women?
Old May 6th 2011, 2:54 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
'Breastfeeding in public' has gone on for many thousands of years, there is no conspiracy of secret perverts who have a baby simply to get the chance to flash a tit. Grow up.
I didnt suggest there was a conspiracy of secret perverts.

Learn to read. (since we are slinging insults)
Old May 6th 2011, 2:57 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by bcworld
So is the issue with tattoos, or just tattoos on women?
No issue at all.
I said women having tattoos would not have been acceptable even 30 years ago.
I don’t have an issue with it at all, however women with tattoos were VERY uncommon in the 1970s.
Old May 6th 2011, 3:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

No issue at all.
I said women having tattoos would not have been acceptable even 30 years ago.
I'm not sure most people would've been too fussed in 1981 if a woman had a tattoo?
Old May 6th 2011, 3:11 am
Not allowed opinions.

You might all want to calm down and think before you hit the keys girls.

One third of the nation doesn’t think it is acceptable to breastfeed openly in public. I am in that category. This doesn’t mean I am a “twat”, talk a load of rubbish, or I am “narrow minded”.

It just means that I disagree with you.

Societal constraints come in two forms. Either imposed by law – e.g. age of consent for sexual relations, or by social convention.

Social convention is the thing that stops us doing things that would offend others, even if they are legal. Its what stops us laughing when someone falls over in the street. It isn’t illegal, but society as a whole disapproves of it.

When you reach a point where only 30% of the population find something offensive or upsetting then it will take place. But it doesn’t stop the 30% not liking it.

What is scary is this “attack” mode – inferring that anyone who disagrees with you isn’t entitled to speak.
Old May 6th 2011, 3:13 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by bcworld
I'm not sure most people would've been too fussed in 1981 if a woman had a tattoo?
God you are right - sorry, time flies.

I have used the 30 years statement in discussions for so long. I was referring to the late 60s, to the late 70s, a time which is now 40 years ago
Old May 6th 2011, 3:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

What is scary is this “attack” mode – inferring that anyone who disagrees with you isn’t entitled to speak.
This must be the third or fourth time recently I've seen you bring up this observation of forum behaviour. You post your opinions on a forum, you take what you get back. Very few people seem to have an issue with it. If it irks you so you could always disappear....again.
Old May 6th 2011, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
It all evens out in the end, when your a cranky old bugger in a nursing home (as you have no where else to go) having the state pay the nurse that has to spoon feed you, it'll be my kids paying tax to keep her/him employed.
In case Slaphead doesn't understand, the government have already mortgaged off their future for the next generation to pay back.

If they were no kids now, they'll be no health service or indeed public services in 20 years as we've already spent all the money we used to have as a nation. We need tax payers in 20 years time.

So taxing people for having kids? How about taxing people for NOT having kids, because they are expecting other peoples children to pay for them in their retirement in 20 years time.

JTL
Old May 6th 2011, 3:19 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Social convention is....what stops us laughing when someone falls over in the street.
yeah - instead we film them on our phones and try and make $500 getting it on "Funniest Home Videos"..
Old May 6th 2011, 3:19 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

God you are right - sorry, time flies.

I have used the 30 years statement in discussions for so long. I was referring to the late 60s, to the late 70s, a time which is now 40 years ago
Do woman scare you ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.