Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

View Poll Results: Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?
Yes
38.16%
No
9.21%
There should be tethering points just outside the door
11.84%
Only if gagged and kept on a lead
18.42%
They should be checked in as hold luggage
22.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

Old May 4th 2011, 12:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

Discuss!!!!

The one next to me right now is an Aussie with that whiney high-pitched accent, playing some kind of game on the internet which is interspersed with "woooow" "ooooh" "I wannanuver coke" ":muuuuuuuuuuuuuuum this computer is bust" and other such squeals!!!

(and please try and keep it fairly light-hearted, I wouldn't REALLY put kids in the hold.......
Old May 4th 2011, 12:10 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

Kill em all,let their god sort them out !!!!!!
Old May 4th 2011, 12:14 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Kill em all,let their god sort them out !!!!!!
If this one is on my flight he could be moving close to his maker very soon

Do you want me to add that as a Poll option
Old May 4th 2011, 12:16 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If this one is on my flight he could be moving close to his maker very soon
Kids like that have no maker,they are produced in a lab by a rival airline and planted on yer flight
Old May 4th 2011, 12:17 pm
Home and Happy

Kids like that have no maker,they are produced in a lab by a rival airline and planted on yer flight
You could be right there ..... I was wondering if you'd been making calls again

His brother has turned up now, older one is hitting younger one with the mouse telling him that he will "bomb the cr*p out of him if he doesn't go away"
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but they should be kicked out if they talk.

Other people that should be banned include people having loud Skype chats on the internet terminals and anyone wearing airline branded PJs.
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Children shouldn't be allowed anywhere, ever. Or until they're 18 and have completed at least 15 years of training on how to behave.
Old May 4th 2011, 12:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Voted yes but I have nice well behaved kids. Just as many obnoxious adults if not more. Generalisation alert ------- snotty loud mouthed city bods getting company travel perks who drink and shout too much should be shot.
Old May 4th 2011, 12:22 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes, but they should be kicked out if they talk.

Other people that should be banned include people having loud Skype chats on the internet terminals and anyone wearing airline branded PJs.
and people who wear purple,a lot,and have 2 different socks on
Old May 4th 2011, 12:24 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Voted yes but I have nice well behaved kids. Just as many obnoxious adults if not more. Generalisation alert ------- snotty loud mouthed city bods getting company travel perks who drink and shout too much should be shot.
I'm so spoilt cos my sister's three kids are just so well behaved in public that I tend to forget what the other extreme is like!
Agree with the comment about city types - like the one who was on the first leg of the flight ....speaking to the cabin crew like they are dirt. Hope they doctored his meal
Old May 4th 2011, 12:26 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with the comment about city types - like the one who was on the first leg of the flight ....speaking to the cabin crew like they are dirt.
God, I hate those people!

They're always the ones who are chatting on the phone after the door closes and have to be told about 10 times to stop...one day I really want to see one get removed!
Old May 4th 2011, 12:27 pm
Home and Happy

and people who wear purple,a lot,and have 2 different socks on
Love you too babe!!!

Small chidren now have a friend who appears to be American. He is now in charge of the game, and has announced one of them can be a Russian and fly a helicopter, he will be an American and "smash everyone's asses" (charming brat!) and the third one can be French "cos you're small and are going to lose and thats all my Dad says the French are good for"
Old May 4th 2011, 12:27 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Tut tut such violence,slow strangulation is way much better
Old May 4th 2011, 12:29 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bcworld
God, I hate those people!

They're always the ones who are chatting on the phone after the door closes and have to be told about 10 times to stop...one day I really want to see one get removed!
Had one on a previous flight. He started making calls when we were at the hold for takeoff at Heathrow. Another passenger took the phone off him and the crew took him aside when we were airborne and judging by what he said to the guy next to him they threatened to have him arrested on arrival in Singapore if he caused any more problems
Old May 4th 2011, 2:15 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

(and please try and keep it fairly light-hearted, I wouldn't REALLY put kids in the hold.......
I would.

Children should be sent by ship, in sealed shipping containers. They don’t belong on aircraft, in the same way that goats don’t.

On one Ansett flight years ago they sat me next to a woman with a baby.

They served breakfast, she started breast feeding.

I left my meal untouched, to the sound of “slurp slurp suck”.

The baby then vomited the breast milk back all over my suit. Went down great at my 11am meeting.

The hold is too good. They should be tied to kites and dragged behind.

(Nope - I don’t have kids.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.