Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

View Poll Results: Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?
Yes
38.16%
No
9.21%
There should be tethering points just outside the door
11.84%
Only if gagged and kept on a lead
18.42%
They should be checked in as hold luggage
22.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

Old May 5th 2011, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Would it be ethical to have children if you hated the little buggers?

I can't believe how many people put on the "children make my life complete" mask in polite conversation when actually clearly their children have ruined their bodies, burned them out with constant demands, made them give up every activity they ever enjoyed and ensured there are no nice things left in their houses or walls without crayon marks. The ones you meet at dinner parties who try to talk about their children to you and then have to leave early because the baby sitter has to go home. Sad, very sad and a dire warning to us all.

People will interject with here with all sorts of personal reasons why they wanted children but the real reason is you are selfish and thoughless.
Just shows you how incredible they are when their redeeming features can outweigh that list of negatives
Old May 5th 2011, 8:33 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Just shows you how incredible they are when their redeeming features can outweigh that list of negatives
they have redeeming features where the bloody hell is the switch for them
Old May 5th 2011, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
they have redeeming features where the bloody hell is the switch for them
My children haven't wrecked our bodies. My wife is slim and down to her fighting fit weight- without a single stretch to be seen. She moisturises every day including her abdomen. Actually, after 3 babies she has a 'nick' in her navel that you can barely see...

She looks better than some women 20 years younger. She wore a little bikini on holiday a few years ago and many of her friends and family gasped. They said 'you look like an athlete that's had a baby' which was itself inaccurate - she is slim and curvy and soft and very feminine!

She is a very yummy mummy and I am one lucky See You Next Tuesday! Cheers.
Old May 5th 2011, 10:41 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
How come parents can’t smell shit or vomit, don’t notice sticky fingers grabbing everything, and think little Garry is “learning” when he pulls the back off your new flat screen TV?

Apparently flat screens falling on children are now a major problem. Instead of making parents look after their bloody kids the TV designers have to make them “child proof”.

But the worst are arrogant breast feeders, who wait until they have a suitable audience and flop one out for a suckle.

“Its only natural Slappy” they say to me when I complain.

So is urination, defecation and masturbation. Next time I see a woman breast feeding in a restaurant I am going to take a piss, crap on the table then have a quick hand shandy.

That will wipe the smug smile off their faces.
I don't get the anti-breast feeding thing. To me, breast feeding is not the same as urination, defecation and masturbation as the latter would be disgusting to watch in public (or even in private). I can't see what is disgusting about a woman breast-feeding in public. It's no different from bottle feeding in public or watching someone eat in public.
Old May 5th 2011, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

But the worst are arrogant breast feeders, who wait until they have a suitable audience and flop one out for a suckle.

So is urination, defecation and masturbation. Next time I see a woman breast feeding in a restaurant I am going to take a piss, crap on the table then have a quick hand shandy.

Arrogrant breast feeders waiting for an audience? Or perhaps just waiting till their baby is hungry.

It is natural and if you would have complained to me whilst I was feeding my daughter in public (as I did on numerous occasions without chucking a sheet over me and her ) you would have copped a mouthful of abuse from me.

Urination and defecation belong in a toilet, at your age I understand you might have accidents but if you could restrain yourself and cross your legs real tight then you should make it to the loo.

Masturbation in public is a sure way to get yourself locked up.

You eat in public so why shouldn't a nursing baby? I'd prefer to see a baby being fed, bottle or breast, than some of the adults chucking chips and burgers down their throat in a Westfield foodcourt.

Oh and chucking a couple of on the end doesn't make your post humerous or any less irritating.
Old May 5th 2011, 11:02 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Arrogrant breast feeders waiting for an audience? Or perhaps just waiting till their baby is hungry.

It is natural and if you would have complained to me whilst I was feeding my daughter in public (as I did on numerous occasions without chucking a sheet over me and her ) you would have copped a mouthful of abuse from me.

Urination and defecation belong in a toilet, at your age I understand you might have accidents but if you could restrain yourself and cross your legs real tight then you should make it to the loo.

You eat in public so why shouldn't a nursing baby? I'd prefer to see a baby being fed, bottle or breast, than some of the adults chucking chips and burgers down their throat in a Westfield foodcourt.

Oh and chucking a couple of on the end doesn't make your post humerous or any less irritating.
I have a guide that more than one in a row is a sign of instability.
Old May 6th 2011, 1:04 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for any offence Louise.

But please try to understand two points:

1. Just because you think it is acceptable doesn’t mean everyone else should accept it. In a 2009 survey one third of Australians found breast feeding in public unacceptable.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1225767893350

I am not sure I would do something in public that a third of the people around me would find offensive. Obviously some people have a different attitude.

2. The current “trend” for breast feeding in public is just that. A trend. My mother breast fed me. My grandmother breast fed her. Queen Victoria breast fed nine children. All managed to do it outside of the public gaze.

Public breast feeding is another change that would not have been acceptable even 30 years ago, along with women having tattoos, nipple piercing, friends with benefits, and a host of other things. Some people are less than enthusiastic about these changes, and see them as a “trendy” retrograde step in society.

But please don’t be offended at my comments.

Originally Posted by LouiseR

Old May 6th 2011, 1:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Public breast feeding is another change that would not have been acceptable even 30 years ago, along with women having tattoos, nipple piercing, friends with benefits, and a host of other things. Some people are less than enthusiastic about these changes, and see them as a “trendy” retrograde step in society.
They'll be after the vote next!
Old May 6th 2011, 1:12 am
Rhino with a big horn!

1. Just because you think it is acceptable doesn’t mean everyone else should accept it. In a 2009 survey one third of Australians found breast feeding in public unacceptable.

I am not sure I would do something in public that a third of the people around me would find offensive. Obviously some people have a different attitude.

2. The current “trend” for breast feeding in public is just that. A trend. My mother breast fed me. My grandmother breast fed her. Queen Victoria breast fed nine children. All managed to do it outside of the public gaze.

I think a 1/3 of the public should get a grip. Go back 30 years and a significant number of people would have been offended by people eating and drinking on the streets. Times change. Personally I would get rid of eating and drinking on the street (except in restaurant seating areas) before getting rid of public breast feeding. The former causes much more mess and inconvenience (especially on trains).

I'm sure more than 1/3 think that shitting, pissing and wanking in public is offensive.
Old May 6th 2011, 1:21 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Almost a third of Australians surveyed would be very uncomfortable being around someone with dementia too. Perhaps at the first signs, sufferers should all be locked up for fear of offending someone's delicate sensibilities?

Australians fear dementia

Yeah, why don't these inconsiderate women feed their babies in the toilet, or not venture out of the house til the child is on solids? God forbid they do something as progressive as feed their child naturally, what the hell are they doing out of the kitchen in the first place?

I breast fed all three of mine, wherever I was when they became hungry. You would never have known, unless you went out of your way to know.
Old May 6th 2011, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

You always talk a load of rubbish but this takes the biscuit
Old May 6th 2011, 1:27 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 6th 2011, 1:32 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

How come parents can’t smell shit or vomit, don’t notice sticky fingers grabbing everything, and think little Garry is “learning” when he pulls the back off your new flat screen TV?

Apparently flat screens falling on children are now a major problem. Instead of making parents look after their bloody kids the TV designers have to make them “child proof”.

Old May 6th 2011, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Darn already karma'd you
Old May 6th 2011, 1:36 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You always talk a load of rubbish but this takes the biscuit
Constructive criticism is always welcome Sally.

Exactly what part of my post do you think was rubbish?

Perhaps the survey? How dare 30% of the public disagree with you!!!

Or my comment that breast feeding in public was not prevalent 30 years ago?

Or maybe tattoos on women and pierced nipples?

Last edited by slapphead_otool; May 6th 2011 at 1:46 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.