Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

View Poll Results: Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?
Yes
38.16%
No
9.21%
There should be tethering points just outside the door
11.84%
Only if gagged and kept on a lead
18.42%
They should be checked in as hold luggage
22.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

Old May 6th 2011, 11:52 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

I breastfed too, but would always express should I have to go out somewhere. Not that I had a problem with breastfeeding outside or anything, I just found it more convenient to have the bottle there and ready, instead of all the faffing around that I felt caused me a little anxiety, having the expressed milk made it easier for me.
Old May 7th 2011, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Some of my friends with kids use a blanket and go outside or to the toilet when in a restaurant. That's acceptable. There's no way around it - it is repulsive when you are out for a nice dinner. Especially when you have a creamy soup in front of you. I've asked to be moved once when a woman near by started to feed a child that looked about two. There were no more tables and she was told it wasn't appropriate and stopped. A low murmur of applause went around the restaurant.
Would you eat your food in the toilet!!! That's disgusting behaviour on your part and the restaurants. When my first baby was about a week old I went to Michael's Restaurant in Brisbane which is a pretty up market restaurant and the baby needed feeding, I went and asked restaurant staff if there was anywhere to feed her and they said at the table would be fine or they could set up a comfy spot in the piano bar for me. I opted for the piano bar to get away from bank talk for a while (business dinner) but was nice to know that the restaurant was fine with it at the table.
Old May 7th 2011, 1:50 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Breat feeding video

http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/video...ai-street.html
Old May 7th 2011, 2:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Some of my friends with kids go outside or to the toilet when in a restaurant. That's acceptable. .
No it's not. It's totally unacceptable. Would you go and eat your dinner in the toilet? Would you go outside to eat if someone complained they didn't like the way you eat? Would you eat with a towel over your head? Ridiculous statement to make. Perhaps mothers with breast feeding children should be expected to stay home until the children are of an age where they can sit at the table and eat with a knife and fork?

Jeez some comments seem to come from the dark ages.

Anyone would think all women slop a tit out at the drop of a hat anywhere, anytime to shove in a baby's mouth, from some of the brainless comments on this thread.
Old May 7th 2011, 2:11 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No it's not. It's totally unacceptable. Would you go and eat your dinner in the toilet? Would you go outside to eat if someone complained they didn't like the way you eat? Would you eat with a towel over your head? Ridiculous statement to make. Perhaps mothers with breast feeding children should be expected to stay home until the children are of an age where they can sit at the table and eat with a knife and fork?

Jeez some comments seem to come from the dark ages.

Anyone would think all women slop a tit out at the drop of a hat anywhere, anytime to shove in a baby's mouth, from some of the brainless comments on this thread.
Brainless? Surely you mean just someone elses opinion, that you dont share or understand?
Old May 7th 2011, 2:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Brainless? Surely you mean just someone elses opinion, that you dont share or understand?
No I mean brainless, as in ill thought out, irrational. I have no problem with people not liking breast feeding. I do have a problem with some of the suggestions made as to what breastfeeding mothers should do.
Old May 7th 2011, 2:32 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No I mean brainless, as in ill thought out, irrational. I have no problem with people not liking breast feeding. I do have a problem with some of the suggestions made as to what breastfeeding mothers should do.
But surely everyone is entitled to an opinion?

We may disagree with that opinion, but it doesn’t mean we are right or wrong, it simply means we don’t agree.

Everyone sees life from their perspective, and feels justified in their actions and thoughts. As long as it is within the legal framework of the land then they are entitled to hold an opinion, and to hold it without fear of insult or ridicule.

Do we challenge opinions and views with throwaway insults, or by reasoned and balanced argument backed by factual evidence?
Old May 7th 2011, 2:37 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I only commented that friends have taken the baby to the toilet to feed (I meant a nice sofa'd area with plants and aromatherapy oils burning , in a fancy restaurant). I imagine they did that in order to find privacy. I wasn't suggesting the baby was dunked in a filthy toilet!!!!

Last edited by Turban Explorer; May 7th 2011 at 2:43 am.
Old May 7th 2011, 2:42 am

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Would you eat your food in the toilet!!! That's disgusting behaviour on your part and the restaurants. When my first baby was about a week old I went to Michael's Restaurant in Brisbane which is a pretty up market restaurant and the baby needed feeding, I went and asked restaurant staff if there was anywhere to feed her and they said at the table would be fine or they could set up a comfy spot in the piano bar for me. I opted for the piano bar to get away from bank talk for a while (business dinner) but was nice to know that the restaurant was fine with it at the table.
It's disgusting that I didn't want to spend a couple of hundred quid on a meal feeling nauseated by the sight in front of me?
Old May 7th 2011, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

It's disgusting that I didn't want to spend a couple of hundred quid on a meal feeling nauseated by the sight in front of me?
But you're the one with the hangup if breast feeding turns you off your food - you're the one that should leave. You constantly complain about Australia being decades behind the UK and your attitude towards breast feeding clearly belongs in the last century.
Old May 7th 2011, 2:53 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Freudian?
Old May 7th 2011, 2:57 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by Rambi
Freudian?
Im hoping so....
Old May 7th 2011, 3:04 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Im hoping so....
I can see the basis of your objection now. It's bad enough seeing that on the streets but I can imagine that would be disconcerting on the next table in a restaurant.
Old May 7th 2011, 3:09 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by Rambi
I can see the basis of your objection now. It's bad enough seeing that on the streets but I can imagine that would be disconcerting on the next table in a restaurant.
Having seen that I have revised my opinion and fully support breast feeding.
Old May 7th 2011, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Kim67
But you're the one with the hangup if breast feeding turns you off your food - you're the one that should leave. You constantly complain about Australia being decades behind the UK and your attitude towards breast feeding clearly belongs in the last century.
I think if a restaurant advertised itself as 'we welcome breast feeding at the table' it would be pretty bloody empty. If not wanting to watch it in restaurants is a 'hang up' then I'm certainly not alone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.