Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

View Poll Results: Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?
Yes
38.16%
No
9.21%
There should be tethering points just outside the door
11.84%
Only if gagged and kept on a lead
18.42%
They should be checked in as hold luggage
22.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

Old May 5th 2011, 5:53 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should children be allowed in airline Lounges?

Originally Posted by Rambi
So nothing then. Breast feeding is not the same as scratching your arse or picking your nose.

Can we get rid of the monarchy because 40% of the population don't want them?
I say it is. Thats a Mexican standoff mate. (Slappy scratches ass, sniffs fingers and then picks his nose.....)

Get rid of the Monarchy for all I care. Normal convention would say you needed a majority to achieve it, but hey, this is BE during daytime and normal conventions don’t count.
Old May 5th 2011, 5:53 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool

You need to get your knickers off and start procreating to save the world.
Nobody (except you in this post) is actually saying that.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:00 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

this is BE during daytime
Is it appreciably different in the evening? Do you mean it gets better when the UK posters get onboard?
Old May 5th 2011, 6:01 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Dangerous grounds Dean. Wanking in McDonalds has got to stop, by order of the feminazis.
Hurrah! Godwin's law says we have a non-winner*

* sorry for the newspeak but I didn't want to get accused of abuse
Old May 5th 2011, 6:03 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hurrah! Godwin's law says we have a non-winner*

* sorry for the newspeak but I didn't want to get accused of abuse
Abuse is best served via PM...keep it off the forums please!
Old May 5th 2011, 6:04 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody (except you in this post) is actually saying that.
It gave me a chance to tell TE to take her knickers off

It was alluded to in these comments:

JTL : So taxing people for having kids? How about taxing people for NOT having kids, because they are expecting other peoples children to pay for them in their retirement in 20 years time.

Rambi : They can contribute through taxes and/or supplying children (and/or other means which are ultimately taxes on time or money). Society cannot survive without taxes or children. Therefore those who do not supply children actually should supply more tax
Old May 5th 2011, 6:07 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

I say it is. Thats a Mexican standoff mate. (Slappy scratches ass, sniffs fingers and then picks his nose.....)

Get rid of the Monarchy for all I care. Normal convention would say you needed a majority to achieve it, but hey, this is BE during daytime and normal conventions don’t count.
Apparently not.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:09 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

It gave me a chance to tell TE to take her knickers off

It was alluded to in these comments:

JTL : So taxing people for having kids? How about taxing people for NOT having kids, because they are expecting other peoples children to pay for them in their retirement in 20 years time.

Rambi : They can contribute through taxes and/or supplying children (and/or other means which are ultimately taxes on time or money). Society cannot survive without taxes or children. Therefore those who do not supply children actually should supply more tax
Neither of those comments are actually saying you should go out an breed. And I don't think either of them alluded to it. Mine certainly didn't.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:11 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

How is your wealth stored? If it's in shares then they will be worth nothing when there are no more kids to work for the companies the shares are in or there are no more kids to buy their products. If it is in cash then that will also disappear to nothing if there are no kids coming through to generate wealth in the economy. If it is in housing then again this would be worth nothing if there were no kids to buy the house in the future. And other examples.

Your wealth is worth nothing without kids. All your doing is temporarily keeping that wealth from other people.

Image what would happen if everyone stopped having kids tomorrow and you will see that society needs kids.
Did you read the article posted by Slapphead? We need to break away from the 'more people is good' model as it is imploding.

I doubt very much if I, and a small proportion of like-minded people refuse to breed, and everyone else responsibly limited themselves to one or two children there will no demand for property, products or services. Why do we keep decimating the environment to produce more disposable junk?

It keeps prices lower due to excess supply and unrequired workers in jobs. On a more fundamental level (and I know this will be highly contentious) isn't life already here worth more than a twinkle in someone's eye? Why can't immigration and adoption take a bigger role in the population demands of a country? (I could never understand why the wives of the chaps I worked with in HK were all on IVF whilst there was a massive orphanage of chinese girls just over the border).
Old May 5th 2011, 6:12 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Did you read the article posted by Slapphead? We need to break away from the 'more people is good' model as it is imploding.

I doubt very much if I, and a small proportion of like-minded people refuse to breed, and everyone else responsibly limited themselves to one or two children there will no demand for property, products or services. Why do we keep decimating the environment to produce more disposable junk?

It keeps prices lower due to excess supply and unrequired workers in jobs. On a more fundamental level (and I know this will be highly contentious) isn't life already here worth more than a twinkle in someone's eye? Why can't immigration and adoption take a bigger role in the population demands of a country? (I could never understand why the wives of the chaps I worked with in HK were all on IVF whilst there was a massive orphanage of chinese girls just over the border).
No I didn't. You have mislead yourself if you think I am advocating population growth or the 'more people is good' model.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:13 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Neither of those comments are actually saying you should go out an breed. And I don't think either of them alluded to it. Mine certainly didn't.
Be fair Rambi,

Taxing if you don’t have kids?

Contribute through taxes and/or supplying children?

It’s as good as said, but I won’t argue.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:17 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

So nothing then. Breast feeding is not the same as scratching your arse or picking your nose.

Can we get rid of the monarchy because 40% of the population don't want them?
This I can confirm to be true after conducting an experiment. The Gorilla (4-months-old) was unsettled, because he was hungry. I scratched my arse; the child wailed. So I picked my nose; the child notched up to screaming. So I tried shoving a boob in his mouth. Et voila! Child shut up instantly. Almost like that's what's meant to happen ...
Old May 5th 2011, 6:18 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Be fair Rambi,

Taxing if you don’t have kids?

Contribute through taxes and/or supplying children?

It’s as good as said, but I won’t argue.
To be fair. All I was saying is that people have the choice. If you don't want to have kids then great. If you can't have kids then I'm sorry. But stop whinging about paying taxes because you don't have kids. If you want to live in a society then you have to pay for it. Paying taxes is one way. Supplying babies is another. Simple as. Anything else you believe I am saying is your own invention.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
The world population is expected to hit 9 billion by 2050 and by that time we are most likely looking at a Malthusian catastrophe resulting in famines and wars, water futures, land grabs, fishing leases etc
It's irrelevant whether the population declines in one country or another in terms if resources consumption we are one big race of people. We are living too long and having way too many kids.
Besides ask Amazulu about the gobsmacking prosperity of the German
economy. The Japanese could also open up to the odd immigrant here and there if they seriously wanted to up their population.
Errr, really? Gobsmacking prosperity? I lived and worked there, I witnessed no 'gobsmacking prosperity'. Lots of Aldi's and LIDL's though and people trying to recycle their furniture on the street.

The point I was making is that the west have mortgaged off the future to the next generation. Yes, it can look like a Ponzi scheme, we've basically said "we're not going to pay, the next generation is". So like it or not, we are reliant on the next generation to pay off our debts.

So we need children, the tax payers of the future. The idea of taxing people for having kids is ludicrous. If we don't keep the 'Ponzi' scheme afloat the world will go bust.

JTL
Old May 5th 2011, 6:24 pm
Not allowed opinions.

To be fair. All I was saying is that people have the choice. If you don't want to have kids then great. If you can't have kids then I'm sorry. But stop whinging about paying taxes because you don't have kids. If you want to live in a society then you have to pay for it. Paying taxes is one way. Supplying babies is another. Simple as. Anything else you believe I am saying is your own invention.
Had I said taxes? I don’t think so, but I may be wrong.

I seriously doubt it because I don’t pay tax.

Are you saying the only way to contribute to society is to have kids or pay taxes? Or are there other ways?

Edited to add - I did mention tax but it was in a humorous way.

And how many kids? 2 per couple?

Last edited by slapphead_otool; May 5th 2011 at 6:28 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.