Wikiposts

Share the pain

Old Apr 28th 2014, 11:26 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Share the pain

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Garry provided you with an example of a lie, can you provide an example of Kevin Rudds lies? It's only fair if you want to debate with substance.
There ya go

Old Apr 28th 2014, 11:42 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
You know what Jad, it's a big worry for people like my family who were hoping to be better off there, when I say better off I'm talking financially of course.

Years ago when me and my husband first started looking into emergrating to Australia and the early days of our Visa route, Australia was a very different place, we are seriously having second thoughts now, I'm not sure if it's last minute nerves or the fact we are making a wise decision.

It's a tough call.
It's a personal thing, everyone's circumstances are different but there are lots of relatively recent immigrants who have no regrets at all about moving here. I'd stick with the plan
Old Apr 28th 2014, 11:50 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
You know what Jad, it's a big worry for people like my family who were hoping to be better off there, when I say better off I'm talking financially of course.

Years ago when me and my husband first started looking into emergrating to Australia and the early days of our Visa route, Australia was a very different place, we are seriously having second thoughts now, I'm not sure if it's last minute nerves or the fact we are making a wise decision.

It's a tough call.
Some will be better off and some wont, some will settle and stay and some wont. The days of automatically being financially better off in Australia are gone I'm afraid. As you say it is a very different place nowadays. Its still a very nice place to live if you are going for the right reasons.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 11:57 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Is that the best you can do?

A far right propaganda video that somehow neglects to mention the GFC? Or the two faced backsliding by Abbott on mining taxes and ETS? Or the lies and disent spread by Murdoch for Abbott's benefit?

Really, that's it?

At least be honest with yourself. Look at Abbott, someone who's been in power for 9 months, and who, unforced, has lied, distorted and screwed up everything he's touched.

Even you realise you'd be better off under Rudd than Abbott.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
The debt, as it stands, does not need to be 'sorted out'. It's low compared to every other western country. And in any case, you don't 'sort it out' by austerity measures - that only makes it worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...by_public_debt

Rather you get the taxation back where it needs to be, make the parasites pay their fair share, and focus on growth.

Which is, of course, why anyone with a brain sees the liberals are part of the problem, not part of the solution. The current 'plan' which involves destroying, attacking, and reducing (whilst gifting the Ginas with even more) is thus an incredibly bad idea - but then again, you already knew that in reality.

Since you want to demand answers to questions you never asked, here's a question to you that I do ask - what do you think the purpose of government is?
Well I agree on the debt situation. It isn't out of control but on the other hand we don't want to end up as a basket case.

But I'll never buy into the Robin Hood approach of reducing the gap between the rich and the poor. That provides no incentive whatsoever for the population to compete and achieve. I'll happily not take a handout for the sacrifice of a bit of hard work. Why should the Gina's be expected to fit the bill for you and me? By taking from the ginas , the banks, and the other wealthy, you are reducing the potential for the masses to hang off the earnings, whether it be as direct employees or corporate tax recipients. It reduces the incentive for these organizations and those who choose to hang on to thrive.

And to answer your question, at high level, governments are in place to avoid disorder, choas, lawlessness, well, at least that was their intended purpose. These days its expanded. As David Cameron said in his election winning speech 'we will help those who choose to help themselves'. Just picture those enspiring words coming from the mouth of that ginger beast.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

A far right propaganda video that somehow neglects to mention the GFC? Or the two faced backsliding by Abbott on mining taxes and ETS? Or the lies and disent spread by Murdoch for Abbott's benefit?

Really, that's it?

At least be honest with yourself. Look at Abbott, someone who's been in power for 9 months, and who, unforced, has lied, distorted and screwed up everything he's touched.

Actually in my game, work has lifted since the election. So if you are asking the question broadly, I'm better off. 2012 was a pretty bad year. 2013 got better. Confidence resumes in 2014.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris955
Some will be better off and some wont, some will settle and stay and some wont. The days of automatically being financially better off in Australia are gone I'm afraid. As you say it is a very different place nowadays. Its still a very nice place to live if you are going for the right reasons.
Yeah not quite. Perhaps Mrs Beoz and I are the exception to the rule, but pproportionally our saved portions of our salary are still larger than what it would be in the UK. If it were not we'd be back in the UK.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:39 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Well I agree on the debt situation. It isn't out of control but on the other hand we don't want to end up as a basket case.
So you DO think Abbott is a fraud then ...

But I'll never buy into the Robin Hood approach of reducing the gap between the rich and the poor. That provides no incentive whatsoever for the population to compete and achieve. I'll happily not take a handout for the sacrifice of a bit of hard work. Why should the Gina's be expected to fit the bill for you and me? By taking from the ginas , the banks, and the other wealthy, you are reducing the potential for the masses to hang off the earnings, whether it be as direct employees or corporate tax recipients. It reduces the incentive for these organizations and those who choose to hang on to thrive.
Trickle down economics? Really? That was discredited in the 80s.

Besides the poor theoretical basis, your argument also has two major problems :
  1. If you have x billions in the bank, you HAVE no incentive - better to keep that GINI index low to keep the incentive there.
  2. Most jobs are created by SMEs. You want to lift all ships, you DON'T give handouts to the big companies and the super rich.
That's evidence based policy.

And to answer your question, at high level, governments are in place to avoid disorder, choas, lawlessness, well, at least that was their intended purpose. These days its expanded. As David Cameron said in his election winning speech 'we will help those who choose to help themselves'. Just picture those enspiring words coming from the mouth of that ginger beast.
Given your other answers, I thought that might be your answer. In short, "keep a lid on it" so the rich can make out like gangbusters - the american nightmare. Lots of problems with that viewpoint (besides being anti democratic), not the least of which is - it doesn't work. It's not sustainable, particularly in an age of limited growth. And it doesn't end well.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
That bullshite was being pumped out again last night on the business channel.

Its a phrase attached so often to anything where Australia feels it has something to be worried about.

lets all sing "we are world class, we are the best, the world wants to be us" ....yeah really

Country is in a huge financial mess and the only answer is to expect the 8 million ? people who actually work to fix it.

Its like trying to hold up the Sydney Harbour bridge with matchsticks.
No one believes this Jad.

It's Tabloid tv for the battlers; Jad targeted at you.
leave it alone...the biggest in world class are the Uk and Aussie battlers...

everyone else ignores it.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:57 am
Banned

Really, that's it?

Now, now, I know it embarrasses you to have your Kevin's lies exposed but no matter how you try to present it, the proposed levy is intended to wipe out the mostly Labor created debt. Unlike Labor's revenue raising motives which was to service the debt and squander more.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
No one believes this Jad.

It's Tabloid tv for the battlers; Jad targeted at you.
leave it alone...the biggest in world class are the Uk and Aussie battlers...

everyone else ignores it.
Several people here believe it, Badge
Old Apr 29th 2014, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I know Abbott does not get much love but he is certainly hated by default, I can see that, even if he did do something well. He just steered a course that's all. He was tough on boat people and now its the reverse Midas touch..

It's a farce. threads like these really bring out the battlers: nothing really changes. ;-)
Old Apr 29th 2014, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
Several people here believe it, Badge
BE : Battler Expats
Old Apr 29th 2014, 1:02 am
Banned

Also Bunfighting Expats
Old Apr 29th 2014, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good night at the pub then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.