A setback

Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:37 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy A setback

Hi Guys had my medical today and its's a bit of a setback.

as you know I had an accident in April and damaged my neck got spinal cord compression.

I had my medical today,they said they will wait for a year to see if I improve if not they will then see about an op, I may be deteriorating as my face has recently gone numb or I may have fluctuating symptoms only time will tell.

but it may mean the end of Oz for me as I want my OH with me he has been in Oz since January and we are on his sponsored visa. He can't have more compassionate leave, so if he comes back to be with me it means the end of Oz.

am feeling a bit choked.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:39 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A setback

oh babes, thats awful news

**big hugs**

isnt there anything else that can be done???
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by asher

as you know I had an accident in April and damaged my neck got spinal cord compression.

I had my medical today,they said they will wait for a year to see if I improve if not they will then see about an op, I may be deteriorating as my face has recently gone numb or I may have fluctuating symptoms only time will tell.

but it may mean the end of Oz for me as I want my OH with me he has been in Oz since January and we are on his sponsored visa. He can't have more compassionate leave, so if he comes back to be with me it means the end of Oz.

am feeling a bit choked.

Hey Kim , man i'm so sorry to hear that turned out like this . Was really possitive the last time you spoke of it . man , i'm choked too now .

huggs ain't enough

am praying that it improves
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:44 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penky
oh babes, thats awful news

**big hugs**

isnt there anything else that can be done???
Originally Posted by scott&rachel
Hey Kim , man i'm so sorry to hear that turned out like this . Was really possitive the last time you spoke of it . man , i'm choked too now .

huggs ain't enough

am praying that it improves
thanks am trying to come up with a cunning plan

any ideas gratefully recieved
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

am feeling a bit choked.
Oh, how awful for you! Can i ask (sorry if you've said it before) are you not allowed to go to Oz until you have the "all clear" or are you unable to travel?
Probably saying something really stupid, so please forgive me in advance if I am, but can you get treatment overthere?
Take care, hugs and karma sent
Emma
xxx
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:08 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

What shity news Kim! I hope you get some better news soon it must be rough knowing that once your OH comes back that maybe it. Thinking of you hugs Axxxx
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:11 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

am feeling a bit choked.
I'm so sorry Asher. I really hope you can find a way through this

Sending positive vibes and hugs in case it helps <<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

am feeling a bit choked.
Such sad sad news for you, dont know what to say, just wish I could say something useful to you.
only hope every thing works out for you.

K sent you

Last edited by chris and farideh; Sep 7th 2007 at 3:27 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:26 pm

Thanks for your support Guys there must be a way around this I just haven't thought of it yet
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:46 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Asher.
I'm sure there must be a way round it and hope you find it
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

am feeling a bit choked.
Oh no hun

Thats terrible. Is there no way they can run tests nowthat will say one way or the other. I can't believe it.
Can you not have this op in Oz?

I don't really know what to sya to make you feel any better hun i'm so sorry.

Always here if you want to chat ok?

Jen
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Really sorry to hear your news. Hugs & Karma sent

Sorry, need to go spread some K around B4 I can send you more!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts are with you Asher, but you'll find a way alright!
Don't let your dream die. You helped me when I thought mine had died and I appreciated it. There is only one outcome Ash, your going to oz!

Jazzys
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by JenJen
Oh no hun

Thats terrible. Is there no way they can run tests nowthat will say one way or the other. I can't believe it.
Can you not have this op in Oz?

I don't really know what to sya to make you feel any better hun i'm so sorry.

Always here if you want to chat ok?

Jen
Thanks babe

I could have the op in Oz , however on a 457 visa we couldn't afford neurosurgery.as this is one of the most expensive forms of surgery!!

besides which the NHS owe it to me

I can of course leave OH in Oz , go through another 7 months on my own and join him when I am sorted, but I really feel I need him here with me, I'm a bit selfish I know.

I am trying to work out ways and means of us being together and also keeping Oz.
If I come to Oz now the NHS would wipe its hands of me and I would be jobless and broke.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks babe

I could have the op in Oz , however on a 457 visa we couldn't afford neurosurgery.as this is one of the most expensive forms of surgery!!

besides which the NHS owe it to me

I can of course leave OH in Oz , go through another 7 months on my own and join him when I am sorted, but I really feel I need him here with me, I'm a bit selfish I know.

I am trying to work out ways and means of us being together and also keeping Oz.
If I come to Oz now the NHS would wipe its hands of me and I would be jobless and broke.
It's alot of farting about but is there any way you'd be able to afford to go out for x amount of months? so it wasn't so hard on you and then IF they decide on surgery your hubby uses some holiday or comes to an arrangement with his employer whereby he does extra hours for more time off??? An then play it by ear?

I know it's alot of what if's and uncertainty but is it worth trying anything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.