British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   A setback (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/setback-479638/)

asher Sep 7th 2007 2:37 pm

A setback

Hi Guys had my medical today and its's a bit of a setback.

as you know I had an accident in April and damaged my neck got spinal cord compression.

I had my medical today,they said they will wait for a year to see if I improve if not they will then see about an op, I may be deteriorating as my face has recently gone numb or I may have fluctuating symptoms only time will tell.

but it may mean the end of Oz for me as I want my OH with me he has been in Oz since January and we are on his sponsored visa. He can't have more compassionate leave, so if he comes back to be with me it means the end of Oz.

am feeling a bit choked.

penky Sep 7th 2007 2:39 pm

Re: A setback

oh babes, thats awful news :(

**big hugs**

isnt there anything else that can be done???

Scott Sep 7th 2007 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by asher (Post 5285154)

as you know I had an accident in April and damaged my neck got spinal cord compression.

I had my medical today,they said they will wait for a year to see if I improve if not they will then see about an op, I may be deteriorating as my face has recently gone numb or I may have fluctuating symptoms only time will tell.

but it may mean the end of Oz for me as I want my OH with me he has been in Oz since January and we are on his sponsored visa. He can't have more compassionate leave, so if he comes back to be with me it means the end of Oz.

am feeling a bit choked.

Hey Kim , man i'm so sorry to hear that turned out like this . Was really possitive the last time you spoke of it . man , i'm choked too now .

huggs ain't enough

am praying that it improves

asher Sep 7th 2007 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by penky (Post 5285165)
oh babes, thats awful news :(

**big hugs**

isnt there anything else that can be done???

Originally Posted by scott&rachel (Post 5285175)
Hey Kim , man i'm so sorry to hear that turned out like this . Was really possitive the last time you spoke of it . man , i'm choked too now .

huggs ain't enough

am praying that it improves

thanks am trying to come up with a cunning plan

any ideas gratefully recieved :thumbsup:

black cat Sep 7th 2007 3:01 pm

am feeling a bit choked.

Oh, how awful for you! :(Can i ask (sorry if you've said it before) are you not allowed to go to Oz until you have the "all clear" or are you unable to travel?
Probably saying something really stupid, so please forgive me in advance if I am, but can you get treatment overthere?:confused:
Take care, hugs and karma sent:wub:
Emma
xxx

acbh2 Sep 7th 2007 3:08 pm

What shity news Kim! I hope you get some better news soon it must be rough knowing that once your OH comes back that maybe it. Thinking of you:) hugs Axxxx

Scubaemma Sep 7th 2007 3:11 pm

am feeling a bit choked.

I'm so sorry Asher. I really hope you can find a way through this :(

Sending positive vibes and hugs in case it helps <<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>

chris and farideh Sep 7th 2007 3:24 pm

am feeling a bit choked.

Such sad sad news for you, dont know what to say, just wish I could say something useful to you.
only hope every thing works out for you.

K sent you

asher Sep 7th 2007 3:26 pm

Thanks for your support Guys there must be a way around this I just haven't thought of it yet ;)

nightnurse2 Sep 7th 2007 3:46 pm

Sorry to hear that Asher.
I'm sure there must be a way round it and hope you find it :)

JenJen Sep 7th 2007 6:41 pm

am feeling a bit choked.

Oh no hun :(

Thats terrible. Is there no way they can run tests nowthat will say one way or the other. I can't believe it.
Can you not have this op in Oz?

I don't really know what to sya to make you feel any better hun i'm so sorry.

Always here if you want to chat ok?:wub::wub:

Jen

Sally Simpson Sep 7th 2007 6:44 pm

Really sorry to hear your news. Hugs & Karma sent:wub:

Sorry, need to go spread some K around B4 I can send you more!

jazzys Sep 7th 2007 6:48 pm

My thoughts are with you Asher, but you'll find a way alright!
Don't let your dream die. You helped me when I thought mine had died and I appreciated it. There is only one outcome Ash, your going to oz!

Jazzys;)

asher Sep 7th 2007 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by JenJen (Post 5286033)
Oh no hun :(

Thats terrible. Is there no way they can run tests nowthat will say one way or the other. I can't believe it.
Can you not have this op in Oz?

I don't really know what to sya to make you feel any better hun i'm so sorry.

Always here if you want to chat ok?:wub::wub:

Jen

Thanks babe

I could have the op in Oz , however on a 457 visa we couldn't afford neurosurgery.as this is one of the most expensive forms of surgery!!

besides which the NHS owe it to me;)

I can of course leave OH in Oz , go through another 7 months on my own and join him when I am sorted, but I really feel I need him here with me, I'm a bit selfish I know.

I am trying to work out ways and means of us being together and also keeping Oz.
If I come to Oz now the NHS would wipe its hands of me and I would be jobless and broke. :unsure:

JenJen Sep 7th 2007 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by asher (Post 5286066)
Thanks babe

I could have the op in Oz , however on a 457 visa we couldn't afford neurosurgery.as this is one of the most expensive forms of surgery!!

besides which the NHS owe it to me;)

I can of course leave OH in Oz , go through another 7 months on my own and join him when I am sorted, but I really feel I need him here with me, I'm a bit selfish I know.

I am trying to work out ways and means of us being together and also keeping Oz.
If I come to Oz now the NHS would wipe its hands of me and I would be jobless and broke. :unsure:

It's alot of farting about but is there any way you'd be able to afford to go out for x amount of months? so it wasn't so hard on you and then IF they decide on surgery your hubby uses some holiday or comes to an arrangement with his employer whereby he does extra hours for more time off??? An then play it by ear?

I know it's alot of what if's and uncertainty but is it worth trying anything?