Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Scotland and Independance

Scotland and Independance

Old Sep 15th 2014, 6:50 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scotland and Independance

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Scotland's National Animal - soooo gay!

http://f0.pepst.com/c/D24EFC/559144/...4000_0_1_0.jpg
Suits you then.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

If this vote goes yes, what happens to unemployed English people in Scotland and vice versa ? What happens to pension aged English resident Scottish born parents of English children and vice versa ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 15th 2014 at 6:56 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 6:56 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
If this vote goes yes, what happens to unemployed English people in Scotland and vice versa ? What happens to pension aged Scottish born parents of English children and vice versa ?
The unemployed English are to be rounded up and tied upside down from trees - for tickle torture.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
The unemployed English are to be rounded up and tied upside down from trees - for tickle torture.
Best stream it live into the Barbie, apparently some people want some fun, that might cheer them up.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

If this vote goes yes, what happens to unemployed English people in Scotland and vice versa ? What happens to pension aged English resident Scottish born parents of English children and vice versa ?
Let's not get bogged down with the fine detail Ozzie.....this is a passionate topic.

Actually it will probably take 300 years to sort out any devolution at which time there might be areferendum for unity.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Best stream it live into the Barbie, apparently some people want some fun, that might cheer them up.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps an unintended pun in the headline relative to the story? Interesting though about the 'No' (seemingly) incorrect approach to why vote 'No'.

Cocky Tories should have wooed Scotland to stop her leaving

Rachel Sylvester
The Times
September 16, 2014 9:39AM

"A FEW WEEKS ago the subject of Scotland came up at a meeting for Conservative strategists and special advisers at No 10. Although the Downing Street machine was at that point quite relaxed about the impending referendum on independence, some Tories outside the inner circle — particularly the women — were beginning to worry about the tone and direction of the No campaign. One of those present told her colleagues: “It sounds like a man whose wife is leaving him, but instead of trying to win her back by talking about all the wonderful things they have done together, and telling her how much he loves her, he is shouting about how she won’t get any money or see the children if they get divorced.”
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:57 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Defo worth a yes vote then
Old Sep 15th 2014, 8:09 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it, if you are living in scotland when the music stops, you get scottish citizenship, independent of where you were born. Presumably you would also be scotland's responsibility re Pensions.

Which probably means a minor variety of the partition of India, with shifts north and south dependent on where you think you'd win out. You'd kind of assume the SNP would try and attract the big wage earners to be north of the wall, and the pensioners south, just to make their balance sheet look better.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 11:17 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
A common one - I'm sure a Mod, Brit or Ozzie will give up there time to accomodate you.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Eye have a spelling chequer,
It came with my Pea Sea.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss Steaks I can knot sea.

Eye strike the quays and type a whirred
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am write oar wrong
It tells me straight a weigh.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your shore real glad two no.
Its vary polished in its weigh.
My chequer tolled me sew.

A chequer is a bless thing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right all stiles of righting,
And aides me when eye rime.

Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The chequer pours o'er every word
Two cheque sum spelling rule.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's one I hadn't heard before, go for the yes vote, then England invades Scotland, call it North England, the old north becomes the new midlands, and more affluent, the old midlands becomes the upper south and also takes a step up financially. Easy, job done
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Here's one I hadn't heard before, go for the yes vote, then England invades Scotland, call it North England, the old north becomes the new midlands, and more affluent, the old midlands becomes the upper south and also takes a step up financially. Easy, job done
Some Americans will tell you it's North England anyway. At the same time, some English will tell you it's all England (but you know what they mean apparently,once corrected).
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some Americans will tell you it's North England anyway. At the same time, some English will tell you it's all England (but you know what they mean apparently,once corrected).
at work I always prime the Aussies to ask any Scots or Welsh what part of England they're from. Always gives me a chuckle. Saw the Scottish mum advert yesterday for the no campaign, I'm convinced Camaron wants a yes vote, you can only pretend to be that incompetent surely
Old Sep 16th 2014, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
at work I always prime the Aussies to ask any Scots or Welsh what part of England they're from. Always gives me a chuckle. Saw the Scottish mum advert yesterday for the no campaign, I'm convinced Camaron wants a yes vote, you can only pretend to be that incompetent surely
very funny!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.