Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sad news about BundyMum

Sad news about BundyMum

Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sad news about BundyMum

Originally Posted by bundy
Well, it's not all bad news in Bundy World....

...meet my new nephew, BundyBaby, born on 15 Feb (3 weeks early).
Awwww he's adorable!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

He's Gorgeous
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

How cute is he !!!!!!!

Fab news.

Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:11 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All,

I'm sad to say that BundyMum died at 11.12pm last night after a postively heroic battle. She asked to be transferred to the hospice where she died peacefully, surrounded by family (we were all there). Althought it was incredibly hard to watch, the end was peaceful and free of pain or distress.

I know I've been absent from the forum for a while now, but to those of you who knew BundyMum's story, and offered such amazing support, advice and good wishes, thank you. It has been appreciated more than you will know.

Sadness and happiness mixed together, but mainly we all miss the most fantastic mother, wife, sister, daughter and (nearly) granny anyone could wish for.

Bundy xx
Sorry to hear about your Mom, Bundy
Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:57 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All,

I'm sad to say that BundyMum died at 11.12pm last night after a postively heroic battle. She asked to be transferred to the hospice where she died peacefully, surrounded by family (we were all there). Althought it was incredibly hard to watch, the end was peaceful and free of pain or distress.

I know I've been absent from the forum for a while now, but to those of you who knew BundyMum's story, and offered such amazing support, advice and good wishes, thank you. It has been appreciated more than you will know.

Sadness and happiness mixed together, but mainly we all miss the most fantastic mother, wife, sister, daughter and (nearly) granny anyone could wish for.

Bundy xx
So sorry to hear of your loss. My good wishes and thoughts are with you and your family at what must be a sad and difficult time
Gillian
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:05 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

aw.....he's a real cutie pie!!!!

congratulations aunty bundy........your mum would have been dead proud!!

*hugs*

sue x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I missed this post at christmas as I was laid up for a couple of weeks. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I had followed your previous threads.

Your new nephew is a cutie and will bring some joy back to the family, what have they called him.

Jo
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

he's an absolute beauty bundy

hope you and all the family are keeping well, it'd be lovely to catch up soon

congratulations on your little nephew

debs x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

my thoughts are with you Bundy!
I know just how it feels. My mum died 8 years ago of cancer and my father is also dying from the disease now.
Its difficult planning my new life in australia when I know that my dads future is so uncertain. I just pray that he doesnt suffer.

atleast your mum isn't suffering now x
xxxxxx
wannabe
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:17 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Aw Bundy he is gorgeous! I love babies, but they grow too fast!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats to your brother and his wife Bundy. Hope you and the rest of the Bundy's are all well.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:22 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, how cute!!!!
Congrats to all the Bundy's!!!

So, how close to BundyBaby do you live? Hopefully close enough to make regurlar visits!!

And how are you? And BundyDad?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. BundyBaby is indeed a cutie.

Simone - my brother and s-i-l live down south so it's about a 4 or 5 hour drive to get there. We went down at the weekend, but it's a bit of a trek, so I doubt we'll go down there as often as we'd like. But we get regular photo updates and will be seeing them all at family get togethers etc, so not too bad.

For all those that asked, we're doing ok, thanks. The last couple of months have been very difficult. Adjusting to not having mum around is hard, but it's harder adjusting to no longer being on high alert. Life feels somehow rather boring, which may sound odd, but I mean that it's strange knowing that there are no high dramas on the horizon - life just ticks on. Not that I miss the stress of last minute dashes to Jersey, but it's odd knowing that it's no longer about to happen every second. I still have trouble phoning my dad as it was always my mum that answered, and knowing that she won't pick up the phone knocks the wind out of my sails each time.

A dearly beloved great aunt (mum's aunt) died just over a week ago which was sad and chafed on healing wounds. Her funeral was last week, coincidentially at the exact time that my nephew was being born only about 5 miles away!!! The good thing was that my dad was over for the funeral, so he was there for the arrival of bubba too. Great timing in many ways.

My younger brother is still struggling to find a job having been knocked back at second interview stage on the last two occasions. He's pretty low, so there's still plenty for me to worry about.

BundyDad is doing well. He's got lots to do to keep him busy. It's very hard for him over there in a big old house, all on his own, but he's doing a lot better than expected. We're going over next week for what would have been mum's 59th birthday.

So, we're all getting on ok. My GP suspects that I'm coping a bit too well and not grieving quite enough, so I'm off to the counsellor this afternoon in an attempt to stave off the massive emotional breakdown my GP seems to think is heading my way! I don't believe it personally, but then I wouldn't, would I

Hope everyone is ok,

Bundy
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So, we're all getting on ok. My GP suspects that I'm coping a bit too well and not grieving quite enough, so I'm off to the counsellor this afternoon in an attempt to stave off the massive emotional breakdown my GP seems to think is heading my way! I don't believe it personally, but then I wouldn't, would I

Hope everyone is ok,

Bundy
GP sounds a bit of an ass. Doesn't he/she realise everyone copes and deals with grief in different ways

Good luck to you all.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
GP sounds a bit of an ass. Doesn't he/she realise everyone copes and deals with grief in different ways

Good luck to you all.

When my mum died I didn't "grieve" in the conventional way either. It hit me about a year later. Everyone takes it at their own pace. Bundy will deal with it when she is ready.

GP's eh, think they know it all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.