British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Sad news about BundyMum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/sad-news-about-bundymum-343202/)

bundy Dec 17th 2005 2:53 am

Sad news about BundyMum

Dear All,

I'm sad to say that BundyMum died at 11.12pm last night after a postively heroic battle. She asked to be transferred to the hospice where she died peacefully, surrounded by family (we were all there). Althought it was incredibly hard to watch, the end was peaceful and free of pain or distress.

I know I've been absent from the forum for a while now, but to those of you who knew BundyMum's story, and offered such amazing support, advice and good wishes, thank you. It has been appreciated more than you will know.

Sadness and happiness mixed together, but mainly we all miss the most fantastic mother, wife, sister, daughter and (nearly) granny anyone could wish for.

Bundy xx

linnie2003 Dec 17th 2005 3:06 am

Re: Sad news about BundyMum

Bundy, so sorry to hear your news....I am an infrequent visitor to this site but have seen some of your earlier posts. I am glad to hear you were all together supporting your mum, throughout her illness. her battle has obviously inspired a lot of people, I can only hope my own family would cope half as well if faced with a similar situation.
Lots of love to you and your family!!

fraser Dec 17th 2005 3:16 am

So sorry to hear your sad news, thinking of you and yours :(

Fraser

YoSemite Dec 17th 2005 3:37 am

sorry bundy....

it's 4 years and 5 days since YoSemiteMum died....

look after yourself

f
xx

NickyC Dec 17th 2005 4:02 am

I too have been a silent follower of BundyMum's journey and I'm very sorry to hear your news.

This is a sad time for you and your family, but you must be relieved that the pain and suffering have finally gone.

I wish you and your family well - look after each other.

Nicky

caroledouglas Dec 17th 2005 4:02 am

Our thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Carole Dougie and Bethany
At least she had all the family with her at the end.

swissfabs Dec 17th 2005 4:11 am

Budy, thinking of you from the other side of the world. There is now one more star in the sky that we all can see.

oxox

fabie

moneypenny20 Dec 17th 2005 4:28 am

Oh Bundy, really sorry mate. She did so well fighting for as long as she did. A shame she didn't get christmas and the birth of her first grandchild but she had so much longer than they thought and you did all have the time to talk, tell how you all felt about her and share stacks of silly, happy/sad, daft moments that you probably didn't think you would have 18 months ago.

Remember the good times and try not to dwell on the sad. Hope all the family, especially your dad are ok.

Take care.

soapy© Dec 17th 2005 4:38 am

our hearts are with you !

cranni Dec 17th 2005 4:39 am

Originally Posted by bundy
Dear All,

I'm sad to say that BundyMum died at 11.12pm last night after a postively heroic battle. She asked to be transferred to the hospice where she died peacefully, surrounded by family (we were all there). Althought it was incredibly hard to watch, the end was peaceful and free of pain or distress.

I know I've been absent from the forum for a while now, but to those of you who knew BundyMum's story, and offered such amazing support, advice and good wishes, thank you. It has been appreciated more than you will know.

Sadness and happiness mixed together, but mainly we all miss the most fantastic mother, wife, sister, daughter and (nearly) granny anyone could wish for.

Bundy xx

In our thoughts, Denise

gobbyjock Dec 17th 2005 4:40 am

Originally Posted by bundy
Dear All,

Bundy xx

Sad to hear your news - not much anyone can say except thoughts are with you.x

surfdude Dec 17th 2005 4:44 am

Thinking of you all. I'm sure we have all learn't a lot from Bundymum and the impact of dignity and cypertalk.
Take care.
SD.

johanne Dec 17th 2005 5:42 am

Bundy
Followed your emails regarding your mum and i am sorry to hear of your loss dont worry your mum will be with you throughout thick and thin even though she has passed, take care
Johanne

Ray Dec 17th 2005 6:17 am

Having good though for your Mum on her journey ......Ray

ROBnCAZ Dec 17th 2005 6:18 am

Awww, bless you! Our thoughts are with you!