Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A Sad Day for One Expat Returning to The Land He Loved

A Sad Day for One Expat Returning to The Land He Loved

Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:29 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Sad Day for One Expat Returning to The Land He Loved

Last Saturday, a friend of ours died suddenly during a soccer game. He was 37 years old with a wife and 3 young children.

Yesterday, we attended Darren's memorial service which saw a church filled to capacity for a man who's only been in the country for 3 years. A huge testament to what a lovely guy he was.

Darren's heart was always in Scotland, but he stayed here to be with his beloved wife and children. A Scottish flag adorned his coffin and a piper led the congregation in a walk behind his coffin.

Tonight, Darren's family are taking his body back to Scotland for burial in what will probably be the most difficult journey anyone could ever imagine.

It is truly shocking for such a young, and seemingly fit man to lose his life in such an unexpected way, and his death has deeply touched all those who knew him. It has however been heartening to see how the local expat community of Caroline Springs, and the soccer communities of Essendon have rallied round to try and help Jen and the children get through this tragic mess.

My heart and love is with Jen, Liam, Jack and Darren Jnr as they travel tonight and lay Darren to rest on Tuesday in his beloved Scotland.

The bonds forged amongst the expat communities are strong. For some, we are family to each other, and personally, I have seen this proven time and time again in the past 10 days or so.

Never take for granted that you'll have tomorrow. Make today count.

Rest in peace Darren.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:41 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Sad Day for One Expat Returning to The Land He Loved

That is terrible news. RIP.

Originally Posted by herrchook
Last Saturday, a friend of ours died suddenly during a soccer game. He was 37 years old with a wife and 3 young children.

Yesterday, we attended Darren's memorial service which saw a church filled to capacity for a man who's only been in the country for 3 years. A huge testament to what a lovely guy he was.

Darren's heart was always in Scotland, but he stayed here to be with his beloved wife and children. A Scottish flag adorned his coffin and a piper led the congregation in a walk behind his coffin.

Tonight, Darren's family are taking his body back to Scotland for burial in what will probably be the most difficult journey anyone could ever imagine.

It is truly shocking for such a young, and seemingly fit man to lose his life in such an unexpected way, and his death has deeply touched all those who knew him. It has however been heartening to see how the local expat community of Caroline Springs, and the soccer communities of Essendon have rallied round to try and help Jen and the children get through this tragic mess.

My heart and love is with Jen, Liam, Jack and Darren Jnr as they travel tonight and lay Darren to rest on Tuesday in his beloved Scotland.

The bonds forged amongst the expat communities are strong. For some, we are family to each other, and personally, I have seen this proven time and time again in the past 10 days or so.

Rest in peace Darren.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:55 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Rest in peace Darren.
I've just read this, its so very sad. So young and so much to live for.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That journey doesn't bear thinking about. Very very sad.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:38 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

How awful Rest in Peace and my thoughts are with his wife and the children... and of course, you guys too..

Em x
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:49 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences to his family and friends.

Julie. x
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:56 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the well wishes. Jen and the boys' flight leaves in 10 minutes. I can't begin to imagine how she's feeling right now .

I guess we just have to hope Emirates look after them and are sensitive to their needs. A few of us have all contacted them to ensure the onboard staff know the circumstances. Last thing they need tonight is some stroppy stewardess!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

There for the grace of god go I. Sad time for all. May he rest in peace.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have anything to say other than what has already been said.
Thinking of you all.xx
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:02 am
Account Closed

aglassofwinehelps is an unknown quantity at this point

Some years ago I witnessed a young man in his 30's collapse and die on the football field and my sons 16 year old friend died 2 years ago on the training ground.
It's so very very sad.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:04 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

So sad.... Lost for words.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

How sad ,may he RIP, and the family have a safe trip to Scotland
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:43 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Some men spend their youth and their lives fighting wars and the pain and sorrow that follow....some men polish their footy boots,put on their freshly washed footy gear,step on the pitch dreaming of scoring the winning goal,some never make it, but i know the man i would want to be......RIP
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold

Rest in peace Darren.

tragic and certainly puts things in perspective. best wishes to all who knew him.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:49 am
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

Rest in peace Darren.
So tragic. RIP,thinking of you all ....xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.