Running Club

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:45 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running Club

The thenage that we are talking about connects on to your shoe, or in your show if you have the proper Nikko ones. It then "talks" to you nana and records what you are doing.... Think there is a link near the beginning of this thread.[/QUOTE]

Wow!! that sound's good.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:55 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lor
The thenage that we are talking about connects on to your shoe, or in your show if you have the proper Nikko ones. It then "talks" to you nana and records what you are doing.... Think there is a link near the beginning of this thread.
Wow!! that sound's good.[/quote]
It is, it's brilliant. I find it really motivating. Also you get to see a little graph of your run when you plug your thing into your computer, so you see how far you went, see where you slowed down and sped up etc, average speed, length of run. It's quite fun.

My OH can't get on with the iPod ear things, they fall out for him (although they're fine for me), so he's bought some other ones which fit into your ear much better, and he loves them. I can let you know what they are if you're interested.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:07 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

. I can let you know what they are if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind,that would be good.

OMG,I've only been in this club five minutes and I already need new trainers,Ipod,Ipod thingy and new ear phones.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:01 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lor
. I can let you know what they are if you're interested.
If you don't mind,that would be good.

OMG,I've only been in this club five minutes and I already need new trainers,Ipod,Ipod thingy and new ear phones.
[/quote]

They are Sennheiser cx300 and this is a link to them on Amazon, although I've seen them cheaper elsewhere. They get really good reviews, and my OH really likes his as they stay in your ear really well and also block out other noise well.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-C.../dp/B000E6G9RS
You can get them in black or white I believe.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Definately off to buy an apple ipod nike + insert today. Ran in my new pair of Nike Zooms today and frankly was amazed with them. I was frightened they would just be a good looking gimmick and not for serious runners.

To be honest I give up on Nike a long time ago in the running trainer dept. Found Triax's, zooms and pegasus to be cheap and a nasty "ride" compared to Mizunos or Asics. But after this mornings 5k run I was so impressed with the comfort level and also the lightness. The sole is very similar to a Nike Free but more focused on running.

The suede outer really does offer softness and I hardly noticed I was wearing them at all.

Really rate these and I'm a fussy bastard when it comes to what I run in. I figure that if I spend that many k's in a shoe I absolutely refuse to put up with something thats not quite right, uncomfortable or makes my feet ache in anyway afterward.

10/10 - try em. I dont think anyone would be disappointed. The only problem that I could see is with serious pronation or supination runners who need stability.

Found a good link to how to decently attach the apple/nike running transmitter to ANY shoe, aside from getting a commercial gimzo to attach it. http://www.web-goddess.org/archive.php/postID/6190
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lor
. OMG,I've only been in this club five minutes and I already need new trainers,Ipod,Ipod thingy and new ear phones.
We're on commission
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Centurion
Found a good link to how to decently attach the apple/nike running transmitter to ANY shoe, aside from getting a commercial gimzo to attach it. http://www.web-goddess.org/archive.php/postID/6190
Scubaemma & I use one of these. Works a treat

Got one for me & the Mrs on Ebay.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:57 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Scubaemma & I use one of these. Works a treat

Got one for me & the Mrs on Ebay.
Yeah, we prefer that sort to the funny velcro one. But either way, it's a good toy!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:09 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Running...just got in... knackered... asthma... inhaler... could have walked it faster....

10.7ks in an hour and 50....

Holy crap ... still the distance is what counts, right? Got asthma half way through and phoned other half who bought inhaler out to me in the car so I could finish.

Now, look... what and when do you eat before you run?

I can't eat and run... it totally drains my energy.

Last edited by iPom; Jul 25th 2007 at 3:59 am.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:23 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

Holy crap ... still the distance is what counts, right? Got asthma half way through and phoned other half who bought inhaler out to me in the car so I could finish.(Qoute)

Well done ipom and bless your man! My OH would of told me to walk.

Now, look... what and when do you eat before you run? I can't eat and run... it totally drains my energy.[/QUOTE]

I prefer to run on an empty stomach.But if I have to eat before hand,then I'll either have something light or just half the portion.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:34 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by iPom
Running...just got in... knackered... asthma... inhaler... could have walked it faster....

Holy crap ... still the distance is what counts, right? Got asthma half way through and phoned other half who bought inhaler out to me in the car so I could finish.

i run in my lunch breaks at work so i have to eat something before hand
aftre my weetabix brekkie i'll usually have a ceral bar and half a sandwich by 11am
it's enough sustenance for my 10ks
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lor

I prefer to run on an empty stomach.But if I have to eat before hand,then I'll either have something light or just half the portion.
Ok, well that's good to hear... I ran on empty today...

and then scarfed a protein shake when I got in ...

Boy was I hungry!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Nipped over to here from the City to Surf thread - yes for a free sport running gets very expensive!!!! And I haven't even invested in an ipod thingy - I still ran with a tape walkman until 2 years ago when I upgraded to a shuffle!!!!

I'm in Sydney CBD so spend my time going in circles around Darling Harbour as my normal route - though I've recently branched out to Centennial Park which has different things to look at (I am now counting varieties of dog outfit to pass the time - favourite so far the stripy jumper on a white fluffy thing). I'm back up to running 4x a week again after a long time off with injuries - though I'm not as motivated as I should be and really need to find some running buddies (sadly Clapham a bit far to travel!!!) - and probably doing about 25km a week. Marathon training begins in a month though so that needs to increase rather dramatically - farewell social life.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by briwi
Nipped over to here from the City to Surf thread - yes for a free sport running gets very expensive!!!! And I haven't even invested in an ipod thingy - I still ran with a tape walkman until 2 years ago when I upgraded to a shuffle!!!!

I'm in Sydney CBD so spend my time going in circles around Darling Harbour as my normal route - though I've recently branched out to Centennial Park which has different things to look at (I am now counting varieties of dog outfit to pass the time - favourite so far the stripy jumper on a white fluffy thing). I'm back up to running 4x a week again after a long time off with injuries - though I'm not as motivated as I should be and really need to find some running buddies (sadly Clapham a bit far to travel!!!) - and probably doing about 25km a week. Marathon training begins in a month though so that needs to increase rather dramatically - farewell social life.
Speaking of expense, I bought a camel thing .... backpack which holds 1.5ltrs water and it also has a pocket for my phone and inhaler.

Sorted!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iPom

I normally have a bowl of porridge about an hour before I go out, followed by a protein/carbohydrate drink as soon as I get back. It's important to replenish your bodies supplies within about 20 - 40 minutes of finishing to ensure peak performance on your next run. I use SIS Rego - not usre if it's available in Oz though... Bananas are also excellent both before and after.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.