Running Club

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:47 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running Club

Originally Posted by medwaymark
This page tells you all about it.
Thanks mate, that's very helpful. Not sure about this bit though...

"Another technique that may work for some is peaceful visualization--if you are feeling stressed from the day or race, try imagining you are elsewhere, and take deep calming breaths as you run."

Not sure thinking about being sat on a beach is really going to get rid of my stitch as I run around Clapham....
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:04 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Another member here

Bit of history, Six year of daily jogging(unless to hungover)for approx half hour.

I havent got a clue as to how you convert km's into miles.But when I lived in the UK, I use to average around four miles.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:13 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lor
Another member here

Bit of history, Six year of daily jogging(unless to hungover)for approx half hour.

I havent got a clue as to how you convert km's into miles.But when I lived in the UK, I use to average around four miles.
Wow, daily running, that's impressive! Think 4 miles is 6.4k so that's great for every day! Are you a morning or evening runner?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lor
Another member here

Cool that sounds impressive. I have a friend who does that and she even does it with a hang over... reckons it helps her clear the toxins or something

Now.... have you got yourself an Ipod thingy yet?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
"Another technique that may work for some is peaceful visualization--if you are feeling stressed from the day or race, try imagining you are elsewhere, and take deep calming breaths as you run."
Dunno... I always seem to be in a bit of a dream world when I'm running
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:06 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

thought I would wander into the club. I got into running a few years ago and was doing about 30k a week in the UK split into 3x 10k runs.

My physical size dropped so much that I was a 75kg with a 28" waist! Since then, and moving to Australia I've managed to use more resistance work and packed on some size to 90kg now. Could do with cutting body fat down from 15% to 10% so back into the running cardio thing!

I still run but only 5k a day for a half an hour cardio and always run with my ipod shuffle and a garmin forerunner thing. Ultimately I would love to get up to 100 kg and below 10% BF and running has always been the best way to achieve that.

Bought a new pair of those Nike zoom plus trainers today so I might invest in the ipod thing and run with my nano instead. My Mizuno's finally gave up the ghost yesterday and I thought it was time for a change and although I've always hated Nike footware with a passion (prefer Asics etc) the girl in foot locker made me try them on and I thought I would give them a go.

I live in Wellington Point Brisbane and generally run the local parks and area. Although its winter I can still wear shorts and singlet running. I remember in the Uk running with gloves, hat and jacket lol.....never again.

Anyhow - I'll let you know how I get on with the Nikes. Due to run in them tomorrow and in the arvo I'll go into Carindale and get a holster thing for the nano and the ipod insert for the trainers I think.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:14 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Wow, daily running, that's impressive! Think 4 miles is 6.4k so that's great for every day! Are you a morning or evening runner?
Thanks for the conversion,

Before breakfast works best for me!But since we moved to OZ(six months ago) my OH usually works a 6/6 shit.So I now having to go either after the school run or just after the bath and bed.
Which is fine but sadly doesn't give me the same, Now I'm ready for the day high!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:16 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Dunno... I always seem to be in a bit of a dream world when I'm running
Snap!!

:Now.... have you got yourself an Ipod thingy yet?(Quote)

No not yet,I'm still using the old Sony MP3.
How do you find the head phones on those Ipods by the way,do they stay put?

Last edited by lor; Jul 23rd 2007 at 11:23 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:33 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

I remember in the Uk running with gloves, hat and jacket lol.....never again.(Quote)

I't alright for some!! I had to buy a tracksuit five weeks ago.As this Melbourne winter feel's a tad to cold for the first ten/fifteen minutes.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:44 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lor
I remember in the Uk running with gloves, hat and jacket lol.....never again.(Quote)

I't alright for some!! I had to buy a tracksuit five weeks ago.As this Melbourne winter feel's a tad to cold for the first ten/fifteen minutes.
I got back into running this weekend. I wore my trackie bottoms and a fleece top which unzips at the armpits. But am going to buy something thinner to wear as I got too hot.

lor - where do you go running in Melbourne? I found a track round the Yarra, its around 4km but I go round twice. So far, I run then walk, then run again. Its brilliant, and so different doing it outdoors rather then the gym where I was running before.

You can buy earbuds headphones which stick right in your earholes, for running they are probably better then the headphones that come with the iPods.

Glad to see this thread
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lor
How do you find the head phones on those Ipods by the way,do they stay put?
I haven't had too many problems with the ear phones. If the wire gets pulled under my vest then it feels tight, but just give it a tug for a bit more slack. My wife bought be some Philips ear phones that had the different sized buds, but they just wont stay in my ears... very frustrating, so I went back to the ipod ones.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:17 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor - where do you go running in Melbourne? I found a track round the Yarra, its around 4km but I go round twice. So far, I run then walk, then run again. Its brilliant, and so different doing it outdoors rather then the gym where I was running before.(Quote)

That sounds good!I usually end up in Jell's park or on my local bike path, Ferny Creek.Which is between Rowville and Ferntree Gully.

If you fancy a challenge i.e hill,(in better weather)the Dandenong Ranges,are great!!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Any of you Oz runners in the Adelaide area? We fly in on August 24th, and I see there's some sort of running festival with a marathon, half-marathon, and 10k all taking place on Sunday the 26th. Might have a go if I'm not too jet-lagged!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:28 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

My wife bought be some Philips ear phones that had the different sized buds, but they just wont stay in my ears... very frustrating, so I went back to the ipod ones.[/QUOTE]

My philips sport ones could do with being replaced.So that might be a good enough exceuss to get myself fixed up with one of them Ipod thingy's.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lor
My wife bought be some Philips ear phones that had the different sized buds, but they just wont stay in my ears... very frustrating, so I went back to the ipod ones.
My philips sport ones could do with being replaced.So that might be a good enough exceuss to get myself fixed up with one of them Ipod thingy's.[/QUOTE]

The ipod thingy that we are talking about connects on to your shoe, or in your show if you have the proper Nike ones. It then "talks" to you ipod nano and records what you are doing.... Think there is a link near the beginning of this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.