Running Club

Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running Club

Im no good at proper running, but i can power walk so i'll join in. Done 10 miles today walking in around 1 and 1/2 hours.
Mandy
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Im no good at proper running, but i can power walk so i'll join in. Done 10 miles today walking in around 1 and 1/2 hours.
Mandy
Hi Mandy... welcome to the club

10 miles in an hour and a half would be running speed for me.... must make you very tired
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:36 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Do you wiggle your bum and everything?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Hi Mandy... welcome to the club

10 miles in an hour and a half would be running speed for me.... must make you very tired
it as i fell asleep earlier lol
Mandy
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Do you wiggle your bum and everything?
Not sure cant see me bum, but my arms move a lot like a cross between a brit soldier marching and the chinese goosestep
Mandy
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:39 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure cant see me bum, but my arms move a lot like a cross between a brit soldier marching and the chinese goosestep
Mandy

Power walking is meant to be really good for toning as well as the cardio stuff. And you do it for ages! Well done! Do you listen to music or anything?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Power walking is meant to be really good for toning as well as the cardio stuff. And you do it for ages! Well done! Do you listen to music or anything?
Hang on, she's going to "sell" you an ipod thingy now
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:44 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Hang on, she's going to "sell" you an ipod thingy now
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't laugh.... it was your fault that I bought one!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:49 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Don't laugh.... it was your fault that I bought one!
At least you like it then (and I honestly don't work for the company! just a fan of the product!)
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

At least you like it then (and I honestly don't work for the company! just a fan of the product!)
Me too
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes i have a MP4 player, i blast all my Queen albums through it really helps me keep a good pace going. The battery ran out on my way home it was weired not having the music going .
Mandy
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:53 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

I went for a run last night (6k, around Clapham Common) and got a stitch quite near the beginning of the run. Does anyone know what a stitch actually is?

And I wasn't sure whether I should stop and walk for a bit to try and get rid of it before running again, or if I should just run through the pain (!)?

I did just keep running and it went after a bit, but got another one later. I don't normally get stitches unless I'm running too soon after eating, which I wasn't this time. Maybe I was tired? Anyone know what causes them and what you should do?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I went for a run last night (6k, around Clapham Common) and got a stitch quite near the beginning of the run. Does anyone know what a stitch actually is?

And I wasn't sure whether I should stop and walk for a bit to try and get rid of it before running again, or if I should just run through the pain (!)?

I did just keep running and it went after a bit, but got another one later. I don't normally get stitches unless I'm running too soon after eating, which I wasn't this time. Maybe I was tired? Anyone know what causes them and what you should do?
I know what a stitch is... it's a pain that you get just under your ribs

I'll look it up later if no-one has a sensible answer before then. I normally just try and keep running and take a few deep breaths which normally clears it. Anita said that you have to breath in for a count of three and out for a count of two. She swears by it, but I have enough trouble breathing in the first place without trying to count at the same time

Well done on the 6k and for doing it with a stitch too
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

This page tells you all about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.