Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rules on Refunds in NSW? Anyone know?

Rules on Refunds in NSW? Anyone know?

Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:39 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rules on Refunds in NSW? Anyone know?

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Yes I thought I might ring Trading standards on Monday anyway and see what they have to say.
If he'd just given an inch and actually delivered an apology or offered to do something to make up for it, I'd have been less hard on him. But he stood his ground and went on and on about me calling him a liar - which I didn't do incidentally - I just said his phone calls were not on my phone. Round and round he went on how many times he'd called me... complete rubbish.

But if that's how he treats his customers, I give his business a year at the most. Very disappointing, but if delivery happens as promised, then that's fine. Amazing how it can go from 3 weeks down to 1 with a little pressure.

I reckon it's a struggling business and they're working from paycheck to paycheck. I don't think they even have any cash in the bank as a business.

It's good actually because there was a proposal that we work together in the future on a project along with someone else, but now this has come to light, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. He's obviously got no business acumen and he's never wrong.
A fatal combo imo. If you run a small business in a small community, then it pays to be smart with your clients!

PS - If there's nothing wrong with your skirt, you should be able to exchange it for something else though not get a refund.... A straight swap for goods of an equal value will be totally acceptable.
Refund got, no questions asked! YAY
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:42 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Refund got, no questions asked! YAY
Well done. You did better than I did.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:56 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. You did better than I did.
So far...don't give up hope!
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like an incident i had last week with an idiot at ultratune he tried to blame me for something he did he had no customer service skills at all

I was called a liar to it must be something in the air

Hope you get it sorted
Old Oct 17th 2010, 5:02 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

PS I'd bought the skirt on the 12th of August so I was lucky I wasn't told to bugger off lol
Old Oct 17th 2010, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
So far...don't give up hope!
I'll wait out my week. Delivery of goods next week so we'll see.

Better be bloody good.

Needless to say, won't be recommending him to anyone now, will I?
Silly bugger.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 5:22 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

I'll wait out my week. Delivery of goods next week so we'll see.

Better be bloody good.

Needless to say, won't be recommending him to anyone now, will I?
Silly bugger.
Ha no lol
Old Oct 18th 2010, 3:55 am

Well the update.

I spoke to Fair trading NSW, plus the Association which governs this industry and absolutely I am entitled to my money back.

On the advice of the association and Fair Trading, who both said this guy was trying to bully me into continuing, because he failed to deliver at the promised time, he has to hand all the money back.

In their advice I've sent the guy an email instructing that he cease his work immediately and giving him two days to refund the money to my bank account.
If he refuses, then it will cost $35 for us to lodge the complaint with Fair Trading and take him to Tribunal. Fair trading say that there's no way we can lose this and if he does want to go to tribunal, then his name and company will be recorded on their site and the result of the tribunal... a bad move all round for him.

So I await the result of the email.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Well the update.

I spoke to Fair trading NSW, plus the Association which governs this industry and absolutely I am entitled to my money back.

On the advice of the association and Fair Trading, who both said this guy was trying to bully me into continuing, because he failed to deliver at the promised time, he has to hand all the money back.

In their advice I've sent the guy an email instructing that he cease his work immediately and giving him two days to refund the money to my bank account.
If he refuses, then it will cost $35 for us to lodge the complaint with Fair Trading and take him to Tribunal. Fair trading say that there's no way we can lose this and if he does want to go to tribunal, then his name and company will be recorded on their site and the result of the tribunal... a bad move all round for him.

Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:25 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well the update.

HURRAHHHHH!!! lol
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:04 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately there are far too many people/businesses like this in Country NSW - I don't know if it's the same in other states but I suspect that it is.

They don't "do" apologies nor accountability: it's always *your* fault and the lies that come out would be quite comical in other circumstances.

Go for it!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Wol
Unfortunately there are far too many people/businesses like this in Country NSW - I don't know if it's the same in other states but I suspect that it is.

They don't "do" apologies nor accountability: it's always *your* fault and the lies that come out would be quite comical in other circumstances.

Go for it!
Thanks Wol.

Apparently he rang a mutual friend and said that he couldn't work with 'that woman'.... ie - me! Tee hee. I thought, wow, I must introduce you to my ex husband.

And then he mentioned that he doesn't 'do' refunds. At all. Point blank.

No comments yet from him re the email but I shall quite enjoy taking this tosser to a tribunal. Bring it on!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 9:12 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hear the result, TP!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Wol
Let's hear the result, TP!
I'll keep you posted.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:58 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll keep you posted.
Hope you get it sorted TP - its a lot like some of the contract questions I'm having to work through at the moment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.